Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Aline Lucille Daniel Fairchild, 101, of Tulsa, Okla., formerly of Blue Mound, Mound City and Fort Scott, Kan., passed away at Aberdeen Memory Care in Tulsa, Okla., on Friday, June 1, 2018.
Born in Dallas, S.D., on July 23, 1916, the daughter of Earl Samuel Daniel and Alice Ann Guthrie Daniel, she graduated from Blue Mound High School in 1933.
Aline married Francis Edwin Fairchild on May 19, 1935.
Aline was owner and funeral director at the Daniel Funeral Home in Blue Mound and the Fairchild Funeral Home in Mound City. She was a member of the Asbury United Methodist Church in Tulsa, as well as a member of the Order of Eastern Star for 82 years holding the rank of Worthy Matron.
Aline was preceded in death by her husband Francis (Ed) Fairchild in 2002; mother Alice Ann Guthrie Daniel in 1972; father Earl Samuel Daniel in 1951; sister Edith Marjorie Hedges in 1981; two brothers, Howard Guthrie Daniel in 1944 and John Edwin Daniel in 1953; grandson Brian Gordon in 2005; and son-in-law John T. Gordon in 2014.
Aline is survived by one son, Daniel E. Fairchild (Tammy), of Tulsa; one daughter, Karen Gordon, of Silverdale, Wash.; four grandchildren, Kimberly Lankie (Sean), Jeremy Fairchild (Kimberly), Amy Gordon and Adam Merillat (Katie); six great grandchildren; two nephews, Dick Hedges (Jan) and Tom Hedges; and one niece, Donna Lehmann (Wilford).
A graveside service will be held at the U. S. National Cemetery in Fort Scott at 11 a.m. Monday, June 11.
Memorial contributions can be made to the Federated Church of Blue Mound in care of the funeral home. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Spencer Ross Burris, 74, of Blue Mound, passed away on October 15, 2018 at his home. Arrangements are pending. Services are under the direction of Schneider Funeral Homes and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Linn County News Published Oct. 17, 2018 Cleda Fern Murray, 88, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, at her home. She was born Nov. 17, 1929, at Pleasanton, the daughter of Walter and Annabell Ralph Umphenour. Cleda Fern graduated from Pleasanton... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 17, 2018 Steven Lynn “Pappa” Catron, age 64, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, at St. Luke’s on the Plaza. He was born on May 1, 1954, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Carl Gene and Opal Venita... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
With the sales tax question to finance the proposed Linn County Law Enforcement Center project on the ballot, the County Commissioners at their Monday meeting discussed that they are open to suggestions on where to locate the Linn County Health Department. The commissioners... [More]
Holiday fir to honor late Christmas decorator Parker is reaching fruition on a memorial Christmas tree for Heritage Park. The wait for new business district sidewalks, however, may continue. That was the consensus of its city council at last Thursday’s... [More]
The city of Mound City is sponsoring an informational meeting to educate the public on the Nov. 6 ballot issue concerning the vote for a sales tax to pay for the proposed Linn County Law Enforcement Center project. Mayor Mat Casner said the meeting is informational... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
BY TONY FURSE LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@yahoo.com Couple Friday night’s 46-0 Pleasanton loss at St. Mary’s-Colgan with Yates Center’s 7-6 home slopfest win against Uniontown. What results is a must-win game for the Blu-Jays at 2-6 Yates... [More]
Yes, Prairie View junior Brooke Allen finished fifth at last Thursday’s Pioneer League cross country meet in a tune-up for this Saturday’s Class 3-A regional run. But it was her little sister and two other sixth-grade girls who may have provided the biggest... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational