Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Aline Lucille Daniel Fairchild, 101, of Tulsa, Okla., formerly of Blue Mound, Mound City and Fort Scott, Kan., passed away at Aberdeen Memory Care in Tulsa, Okla., on Friday, June 1, 2018.
Born in Dallas, S.D., on July 23, 1916, the daughter of Earl Samuel Daniel and Alice Ann Guthrie Daniel, she graduated from Blue Mound High School in 1933.
Aline married Francis Edwin Fairchild on May 19, 1935.
Aline was owner and funeral director at the Daniel Funeral Home in Blue Mound and the Fairchild Funeral Home in Mound City. She was a member of the Asbury United Methodist Church in Tulsa, as well as a member of the Order of Eastern Star for 82 years holding the rank of Worthy Matron.
Aline was preceded in death by her husband Francis (Ed) Fairchild in 2002; mother Alice Ann Guthrie Daniel in 1972; father Earl Samuel Daniel in 1951; sister Edith Marjorie Hedges in 1981; two brothers, Howard Guthrie Daniel in 1944 and John Edwin Daniel in 1953; grandson Brian Gordon in 2005; and son-in-law John T. Gordon in 2014.
Aline is survived by one son, Daniel E. Fairchild (Tammy), of Tulsa; one daughter, Karen Gordon, of Silverdale, Wash.; four grandchildren, Kimberly Lankie (Sean), Jeremy Fairchild (Kimberly), Amy Gordon and Adam Merillat (Katie); six great grandchildren; two nephews, Dick Hedges (Jan) and Tom Hedges; and one niece, Donna Lehmann (Wilford).
A graveside service will be held at the U. S. National Cemetery in Fort Scott at 11 a.m. Monday, June 11.
Memorial contributions can be made to the Federated Church of Blue Mound in care of the funeral home. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Linn County News Published Aug. 15, 2018 Wanda Lou Sharp, age 72, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018, at her home. She was born on March 14, 1946, in St. Joseph, Mo., the daughter of Howard and Rowena Smith Sharp. Wanda enjoyed... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 15, 2018 Marjorie Stainbrook, age 86, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Monday, Aug. 13, 2018. Funeral service will be 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018, at the La Cygne United Methodist Church. Burial will be... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 8, 2018 Robert F. Bruce, 86, of Overland Park, Kan., went to be with his Lord on Aug. 4, 2018. Bob was the only son to Jessie (Brown) and Delbert Bruce, born Feb. 9, 1932, at their home in Mound City. Following his graduation from Mound City High... [More]
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
- Evelyn Maxine Ham 04-08-1924 to 06-03-2018
On Aug. 14 Linn Valley Lakes issued a warning to all property owners on their Facebook page noting the possible presence of blue-green algae on the 5-acre lake at Linn Valley. The warning noted that jar tests of the water were being conducted by the city as instructed... [More]
Linn County Commissioners and the architect for the jail project study held a public meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 8, in the Linn County Courthouse Annex at Mound City to further discuss the project with members of the community. The meeting opened with Larry Goldberg... [More]
PleasantonUSD 344 District Superintendent Travis Laver notified the board during the meeting on Monday, Aug. 13, that the district had been approved for and had already received the security grant for which he had previously applied. The grant is a 50-50 match grant,... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
The Linn County Fair and Rodeo held the annual kid’s fishing derby on Saturday, Aug. 11, at Little Sugar Creek at the Linn County Fairgrounds. The event began at 8 a.m. with registration, and the derby itself began at about 8:30 a.m. The kids were allowed to... [More]
The Linn County Fair and Rodeo and Grandstand Attractions hosted the annual demolition derby on Aug. 3 and 4. The first night of the derby, Aug. 3, featured the team derby competition and the figure eight race. The second night, Aug. 4, was the traditional demo derby with bonestock,... [More]
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational
- Jayhawk golf places 1st in tournaments in West Franklin, Osawatomie