Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Charley Aaron Wisdom, age 74, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at the Bates County Medical Center. He was born in Worland, Mo., on June 26, 1943, the son of Harry Otis and Olinea Chamberlain Wisdom. He graduated from Hume High School.
He married Lois Bradley on Aug. 17, 1963. She preceded him in death on June 17, 2009.
He was also preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Marion, Shumway and Ricky Wisdom; and one sister, Nancy Schmidt.
He attended Liberty Worship Center and enjoyed pulling ponies and putting up hay. He was always helping others; this fact was expressed even after his passing, as he was an organ donor. The most important part of his life was his love for his kids, grandkids and great grandkids.
Charley is survived by two sons, David Wisdom and Jeff Wisdom and wife Mindy; daughter Joyce Brown and Dale Freidline; three sisters, Lillie Hill, Edith Kirby and Ida Kaufman; 12 grandchildren; and 15 great grandchildren.
A gathering to celebrate Charley’s life was held on Monday, June 4, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory Pleasanton Chapel. The family will announce the date of inurnment at the Benjamin Cemetery in Amoret, Mo., at a later date.
The family suggests contributions to Linn County Care to Share or Charley Wisdom Memorial. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published July 3, 2019 Rosalie Rebecca (Priest) Rowe of Iola, Kan., went to be with the Lord on Monday, July 1, 2019. Rosalie departed this world peacefully at home surrounded by her husband and her sons. Rosalie was born in Lawrence, Kan., on Jan.... [More]
Published in the Linn County News July 3, 2019 Adam Wayne Bancroft, age 48, resident of Ft. Scott, KS, died Friday, June 21, 2019, as the result of a vehicle accident east of Ft. Scott on Hwy. 54. He was born January 10, 1971, in Lansing, MI, the son... [More]
Published in the Linn County News July 3, 2019 Cleo Irma Bloomfield, age 93, a lifelong resident of Prescott, Kan., passed away late Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at the Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, Kan. She was born September 13, 1925, in Prescott,... [More]
- Shirley Ann Chambers 03-09-1935 to 08-16-2019
- Robert “Bob” Henry Dingus 08-27-1927 to 08-15-2019
- Melvin Tinsley, Jr. 10-05-1927 to 08-13-2019
- Dale Lynette Wilkerson 03-11-1968 to 05-06-2019
- Marion R. Cannon 11-30-1941 to 08-04-2019
- Edward “Eddy” Wayne Lewis 08-08-1962 to 07-29-2019
- Olive Tartenaar 12-11-1927 to 07-30-2019
- Jacqueline Jo Johnson 08-05-1948 to 07-27-2019
Unified School District 362 property taxpayers will see a decrease of almost 1.5 mills for the 2019-20 school term. A unanimous vote by its board of education Monday night sets this year’s total mill levy at 44.241, down from last year’s... [More]
Samantha L. McCoy appeared in Bates County Circuit Court in Butler, Mo., on Wednesday, Aug. 7, with her public defender, Jeff Martin, for an arraignment hearing in front of Judge Julie Highley-Kuetzer on the charge of murder in the first degree,... [More]
A longtime civic leader has announced her resignation from the La Cygne City Council. At the end of the council’s regular meeting last Wednesday, Aug. 7, Esther Shields cited an impending relocation to a Paola senior apartment complex... [More]
- Francis Dean Pratt 07-01-1929 to 06-19-2019
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Isabel Marie Read 10-07-1917 to 06-17-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
The annual kids fishing derby was held at the Linn County Fair and Rodeo on the morning of Aug. 10. It was a good crowd this year as over 60 young anglers came out to enjoy some fishing. The competition began around 8:30 a.m. and ended about an hour later.... [More]
Prairie View student Jade Chambers spent his summer competing in youth rodeos and has done quite well. He competed in the National Junior High Finals Rodeo in Huron, S.D., from June 23 to June 29. In this rodeo he competed in ribbon roping, goat tying... [More]
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational