Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Charley Aaron Wisdom, age 74, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at the Bates County Medical Center. He was born in Worland, Mo., on June 26, 1943, the son of Harry Otis and Olinea Chamberlain Wisdom. He graduated from Hume High School.
He married Lois Bradley on Aug. 17, 1963. She preceded him in death on June 17, 2009.
He was also preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Marion, Shumway and Ricky Wisdom; and one sister, Nancy Schmidt.
He attended Liberty Worship Center and enjoyed pulling ponies and putting up hay. He was always helping others; this fact was expressed even after his passing, as he was an organ donor. The most important part of his life was his love for his kids, grandkids and great grandkids.
Charley is survived by two sons, David Wisdom and Jeff Wisdom and wife Mindy; daughter Joyce Brown and Dale Freidline; three sisters, Lillie Hill, Edith Kirby and Ida Kaufman; 12 grandchildren; and 15 great grandchildren.
A gathering to celebrate Charley’s life was held on Monday, June 4, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory Pleasanton Chapel. The family will announce the date of inurnment at the Benjamin Cemetery in Amoret, Mo., at a later date.
The family suggests contributions to Linn County Care to Share or Charley Wisdom Memorial. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Feb. 20, 2019 Carol Jeanne Zimmerman, age 84 of Olathe, Kan., died Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, at her home. Carol was born April 16, 1934, in Blackwell, Okla. She was the fifth of seven children born to Holly and Anna Pauline (Becker)... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 13, 2019 Verl Ray Jones, born on March 22, 1929, in Pleasanton, Kan., passed away at the age of 89 on Oct. 22, 2018, in Lakewood, Colo. Verl is survived by his wife, Linda Jones; former wife, Shirley Leisure Jones; daughters... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 13, 2019 Romalea Miller, age 90, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. She was born on Aug. 17, 1928, in Miami County, Kan., the daughter of Glenn and Alice Mills Good.... [More]
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
Concerned Citizens of Linn County held an informational meeting on Feb. 2 at the Centerville Community Center. Over 50 Linn County citizens and landowners joined opponents of a German-owned company’s planned wind farm development on this day to discuss the impact... [More]
Choices include semester-long English, auto tech Prairie View High juniors and seniors will have additional course options beginning next school year. As approved by the Unified School District 362 board of education at their monthly meeting Monday,... [More]
A Mound City man, Dennis J. Gentry, age 64, was fatally injured at 1:25 p.m. last Tuesday, Feb. 5, on U.S. Highway 169 near 355th Street in Miami County when, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol crash log, his 2002 Chevy Silverado was southbound on... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Jayhawk and Prairie View JV wrestling teams competed at the Burlington JV Invitational on Feb. 9. This was a very large tournament with 32 teams, and the tournament was divided into brackets according to weight class with four to five wrestlers in each bracket.... [More]
The Buffalo wrestling team competed in the Pioneer League tournament at Burlington on Feb. 9. The tournament was originally scheduled for Feb. 7 at Iola, but bad weather had the tournament rescheduled and relocated. The Buffalos placed fourth with... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational