Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Charley Aaron Wisdom, age 74, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at the Bates County Medical Center. He was born in Worland, Mo., on June 26, 1943, the son of Harry Otis and Olinea Chamberlain Wisdom. He graduated from Hume High School.
He married Lois Bradley on Aug. 17, 1963. She preceded him in death on June 17, 2009.
He was also preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Marion, Shumway and Ricky Wisdom; and one sister, Nancy Schmidt.
He attended Liberty Worship Center and enjoyed pulling ponies and putting up hay. He was always helping others; this fact was expressed even after his passing, as he was an organ donor. The most important part of his life was his love for his kids, grandkids and great grandkids.
Charley is survived by two sons, David Wisdom and Jeff Wisdom and wife Mindy; daughter Joyce Brown and Dale Freidline; three sisters, Lillie Hill, Edith Kirby and Ida Kaufman; 12 grandchildren; and 15 great grandchildren.
A gathering to celebrate Charley’s life was held on Monday, June 4, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory Pleasanton Chapel. The family will announce the date of inurnment at the Benjamin Cemetery in Amoret, Mo., at a later date.
The family suggests contributions to Linn County Care to Share or Charley Wisdom Memorial. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published April 24, 2019 Roy D. Boner, age 79, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Tuesday, April 16, at Medicalodges of Nevada, Mo. He was born on April 1, 1940, at Spokane, Wash. Roy served four years in the United States Marines. He had several... [More]
Linn County News Published April 17, 2019 Nancy Lee Canarsky, age 71, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Monday, April 8, 2019, at Life Care Center of Osawatomie. She was born in Kansas City, Kan., on Dec. 8, 1947, the daughter of Albert and Peggy Whitworth Tibbetts. She... [More]
Linn County News Published April 17, 2019 Guy Alan "Guy Baby" Turner, 65, of Linn Valley, Kan., formerly of Orrick and Excelsior Springs, Mo., passed away April 5, 2019, near Excelsior Springs. Guy was born on Feb. 17, 1954, in Excelsior Springs to Gary D. Turner... [More]
- Bryan Lee Callahan 09-05-1957 to 03-18-2019
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
SAFE AND SOUND Over the years keeping loved ones at home with the aid of a personal care attendant becomes increasingly appealing to family members, versus having them put in a facility; however, there are inherent risks. Any time you invite a stranger into your home, you... [More]
No more knocking on doors During the Pleasanton City Council meeting on Monday, April 15, City Administrator Erica Kern asked for the council’s guidance on how best to proceed with water lock-offs, noting that the policy reads that if the bill is not... [More]
Residency requirement discussed prior to ordinance approval Parker’s City Council passed a new cereal malt beverage license ordinance last Thursday, but not before discovering its new stipulation. Drafted by Richard M. Fisher Jr., city attorney, Ordinance... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Buffalos competed in the Pleasanton Invitational on April 9 and did quite well as both the boys’ and girls’ teams won the meet. The boys’ team won the meet with 154 points while the girls’ team won the meet with 169 points. A complete list... [More]
The Jayhawk track teams traveled to Pleasanton on April 9 to compete in the Pleasanton Invitational. The Hawks did well as the boys placed fifth with a score of 68, and the girls placed fourth with a score of 71. All team placings are in the Pleasanton team... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational