Linn County News
Published Nov. 15, 2017
Darlene Amer, 75, of Mound City, Kan., passed away Nov. 13, 2017, at Serenity Rehabilitation and Nursing in Butler, Mo. Rose Darlene Amer was born Oct. 12, 1942, in East Oakland, Calif., to George and Rosella Kaufman Christopher.
Shortly after her birth, the family relocated to the Bates County, Mo., area.
Darlene attended Miami School, graduating in the class of 1960.
She was united in marriage to James Lawrence Amer and to this union three boys were born.
Darlene raised her family and worked in various jobs and positions in the area. She worked as a CNA in nursing homes, cooked at the Trading Post and was the site manager for the Linn County Congregate Meals for many years. Darlene knew the meaning of hard work, and with her “can-do” attitude, she was always able to accomplish what she set out to do.
Darlene enjoyed cooking, and was well known for her breads. She loved to garden and care for her animals. With a heart of gold, she would rescue and care for any animal that needed it. But above all, she loved her family and made sure they had the things they needed.
Darlene was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and by her son, James Brent Amer.
She is survived by her son, Lawrence Amer, of Leesville, La., and by son Kevin Amer of Mound City; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a brother, George Christopher, of Amoret, Mo.
Graveside services will be held 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 20, 2017, in Prescott Cemetery, Prescott, Kan. There will be no visitation.
Memorial contributions are suggested to Crossroads Hospice. Messages of condolence may be left for the family at www.mullinaxfuneralhome.com.
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Leslie Eugene Andres, age 67, passed away June 13, 2018, at his home near Pleasanton, Kan. Gene was born on March 15, 1951, in Iola, Kan., to Lyle Andres and Virginia Stokes Andres. Gene graduated from the... [More]
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Charles Eugene Franklin, age 79, Hume, Mo., passed away on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. Funeral service was held Saturday, June 16, 2018, at the Hume Christian Church. Burial was in the Hume Cemetery. The... [More]
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Leslie Ann Nation, age 20, Mound City, Kan., died Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She was born in Overland Park, Kan., on June 21, 1997, the daughter of David and Tracie (West)... [More]
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
- Evelyn Maxine Ham 04-08-1924 to 06-03-2018
- Lester V. McCoy 10-12-1942 to 05-30-2018
BY TONY FURSE LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@YAHOO.COM Midday busing will be offered to Prairie View Unified School District 362 preschoolers for this upcoming school year. On a 5-1 vote, with Chuck Dunlop dissenting and Nicolas Philpott absent, the... [More]
A consolidated afternoon preliminary hearing has been set for a former Linn County sheriff’s deputy and Pleasanton school resource officer. The two cases filed against David Allen Huggins, La Cygne, will be heard at 1:30 p.m. July 17 in Linn County District Court. To... [More]
Two gatherings were held on Monday, June 18, in Mound City to garner community and elected officials’ thoughts on the feasibility of building a new jail complex. After hearing from the Linn County District Court staff and elected officials, the County Commissioners... [More]
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
- Linn Valley – patrolling U.S. 69 nets high percentage of drug arrests
School is out and summer is heating up so it is a good time for the family to enjoy some fishing. Here are some current fishing reports from various bodies of water in Linn County to help one decide where to fish. All fishing reports were posted on June 1. To see the full article,... [More]
The Pleasanton/Jayhawk trapshooting team traveled to Wichita on June 16 to compete in the 2018 Kansas State High School Clay Target League State Championship. Pleasanton/Jayhawk had 16 shooters compete in the event that included 50 teams and more than 1,000 shooters. To see... [More]
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational
- Jayhawk golf places 1st in tournaments in West Franklin, Osawatomie