Linn County News
Published July 12, 2017
Darwyn Eugene Weaver, age 80, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, July 5, 2017, at his home. He was born on Dec. 7, 1936, at Idana, Kan., the son of Charles and Julia Lynch Weaver.
He worked as a drafting engineer in the construction industry.
He married Wynona Coleman on Feb. 14, 1956. She preceded him in death on Dec. 31, 2016. He was also preceded in death by his parents.
He is survived by four children, Pat Weaver, Vicki Horton and Greg, James Weaver and Debra Knight, and John Weaver; a brother, Charles L. Weaver; a sister, Audrey Eldridge; eight grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
Funeral service was held Monday, July 10, 2017, at the Chapel Hill Butler Funeral Home in Kansas City, Kan. Burial followed in the Chapel Hill Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions to the Blue Mound 4th of July. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Sept. 20, 2017 Buddy Earl Brown, age 75, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017, at St. Joseph Health Center. He was born at St. Anthony, Idaho, the son of Earl A. and Mary E. Willy Brown. He served his country in the United States... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 20, 2017 Lura Jean (Wilson) Zinn, age 82 of Hume, Mo., died Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017, at Prescott Country View Nursing Home in Prescott, Kan. She was born Aug. 21, 1935, to Zella Mae Gregg Wilson and Earl DeVoe Wilson in Metz, Mo., the youngest... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 20, 2017 Leota Maxine Hoover, age 95, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017, at her home. She was born at Pleasanton, Kan., on Dec. 21, 1921, the daughter of Robert and Edna Evans Moody. She married Earl Hoover who preceded... [More]
Any official action to proceed with inspection reports on a house condemnation candidate in Parker was tabled at last Thursday’s monthly City Council meeting. Records indicate that the owners of a structure located south of the Center Street railroad crossing are deceased,... [More]
MOUND CITY – (Sept. 15, 2017) – A La Cygne man was convicted Thursday, Sept. 14, of aggravated assault and battery of a law enforcement officer, Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt said. John Edward Teters, 55, pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated assault... [More]
Linn County Commissioners Monday awarded a bid for a radio communications tower. By a unanimous vote, Hayden Tower Service, Topeka, will erect the 250-foot structure at a base price of $216,500. Chris Martin, county information technology (IT) director, recommended... [More]
- Seamless start for PES first day
- Flooded Miami County Fairgrounds under restoration
- Pleasanton blood drive to benefit local patients July 3
- Sumter sentenced in shaken baby case
- Jennifer Jo (Stevens) Shaw 01-29-1979 to 03-17-2017
- Sumter pleads guilty to child abuse charges
- Breaking News: Weis, Kleidosty arrested on charges of failure to report child abuse
- La Cygne voices construction damage agreement City also to seek downtown alley-meter bids
Despite Burlington scoring a touchdown 14 seconds before halftime, prospects appeared bright for Prairie View last Friday. The hosts, however, maintained that pre-halftime momentum shift, scoring two second-half touchdowns while holding Prairie View scoreless, to claim a 40-26... [More]
The Jayhawk volleyball team traveled to Erie on Sept. 16 to compete in the Erie Invitational. It was a tough tournament with good opponents and the Hawks went 0-4 in the tournament. “We struggled at Erie, however we were outmatched by much bigger schools. I hate losing,... [More]
- Mound City, Pleasanton are winners in this past weekend’s baseball tournaments
- KSHSAA classification changes coming in 2018-2019
- Pleasanton golf hosts home invitational; all 3 county schools compete
- Allen medals for the Buffalos at State
- JV volleyball participates in MVHS tournament
- Catching summer panfish
- Pokemon GO going wild at Kansas state parks
- Pleasanton golf hosts varsity invitational