Convention scheduled Saturday, March 23
Following news that District 2 County Commissioner Vicki Leonard is retiring prior to the end of her term, the position will be filled subject to 2018 Kansas Statutes guiding the appointment.
Anyone interested in pursuing the position should contact Linn County Republican Central Committee chair Jackie Taylor for information at 913-352-6235, 620-224-6487, email@example.com or messenger or simply attend the district convention scheduled for 7 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at the Courthouse Annex in Mound City.
Candidates must be nominated and seconded by a registered Republican in order to be eligible for the appointment. Once nominations close, candidates may have up to five minutes each to speak to the audience, speaking in the order in which their names are drawn from a hat. No one may speak for or against any candidate.
The commissioner will be appointed after the District 2 precinct committee men and women vote by secret ballot until one candidate receives a majority of votes.
Second District Republican chair Cheryl Reynolds will chair the meeting as Taylor is a precinct person for Paris Township. Reynolds and County Clerk David Lamb will also be the tally committee, though committees are still up in the air.
Leonard has expressed that she will retire the last day of March putting the new commissioner in her seat April 1.
To see the full article, check out this week's edition of the Linn County News or check out the online version here
Linn County News Published May 22, 2019 Russell LeRoy Ginger, age 75, of Linn Valley, Kan., passed away at his home on Tuesday, May 14, 2019. Funeral service was Saturday, May 18, 2019, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.... [More]
Linn County News Published May 22, 2019 William "Bill" Fredrick Gilbert Jr., age 78, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at his Pleasanton home. Graveside service was Friday, May 17, 2019, at the Pleasanton Cemetery. Contributions... [More]
Linn County News Published May 15, 2019 Loree Long, age 88, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Saturday, May 11, 2019, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Friends and... [More]
- Bryan Lee Callahan 09-05-1957 to 03-18-2019
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center is expecting an outbreak of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms over parts of the southern Plains this afternoon and tonight. The risk by area is highlighted by each color on the map. Most of southeast Kansas is currently... [More]
Linn County News Published May 22, 2019 Ferne L. McRae, age 90, of Oak Creek, Wis., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Monday, May 13, 2019, in Wauwatosa, Wis. She was born on April 23, 1929, in La Cygne, the daughter of Jesse William and Carie Louise... [More]
After a lengthy back and forth at their Monday meeting, the Prescott City Council eventually denied the request of Jessy Willard to provide him a reduced rate or discount on utilities for the old nursing home building, which Willard has been trying... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Pleasanton track teams traveled to Yates Center on May 9 to compete in the Three Rivers League track meet. “We had a good day. The boys placed second with 90 points and the girls placed third with 64 points,” Head Coach Dan... [More]
The Jayhawk golf team will once again head to the State Tournament after the team finished second at their 2-A regional at Fort Scott hosted by Uniontown. The tournament took place on May 13 and the top three teams along with top individual golfers... [More]
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational