Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Edmond Glenn Arnold, 98, of Pleasanton, Kan., died Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at El Dorado Health and Rehab. Glenn was born in Linn County, Kan., on Oct. 10, 1919, to Robert and Katie (Hodges) Arnold. He was the youngest of seven children. Glenn graduated from Pleasanton High School.
During his time as a construction worker, he helped build both the La Cygne and Atchison power plants.
Glenn was an avid fisherman and taught all five of his grandkids how to fish. Glenn was a member of the Masons and the First Christian Church of Pleasanton.
On Oct. 31, 1942, he married the love of his life, Reta Fern Jones. She preceded him in death on Nov. 12, 2005.
He was also preceded in death by a daughter, Ronda Kay Ruby, on July 19, 2014; one sister, Amy Guthrie; and five brothers, John, Seth, Phillip, Emory and Steve Arnold.
Survivors include a son, Ron Arnold, and his wife Anita of Leon, Kan.; five grandchildren, Cody Arnold and his wife Tiffany, Dani Arnold and her fiancé Shawon Gardner, Chase Ruby and his wife Amanda, Cale Ruby, and Chelsea (Ruby) Phillips and her husband Justin; and five great grandchildren.
The funeral service was held on Monday, June 4, 2018, at Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial followed in Pleasanton Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions to the First Christian Church of Pleasanton in care of Schneider Funeral Home, PO Box 525, Pleasanton, Kan. 66075. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Homes & Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published Feb. 20, 2019 Carol Jeanne Zimmerman, age 84 of Olathe, Kan., died Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, at her home. Carol was born April 16, 1934, in Blackwell, Okla. She was the fifth of seven children born to Holly and Anna Pauline (Becker)... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 13, 2019 Verl Ray Jones, born on March 22, 1929, in Pleasanton, Kan., passed away at the age of 89 on Oct. 22, 2018, in Lakewood, Colo. Verl is survived by his wife, Linda Jones; former wife, Shirley Leisure Jones; daughters... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 13, 2019 Romalea Miller, age 90, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. She was born on Aug. 17, 1928, in Miami County, Kan., the daughter of Glenn and Alice Mills Good.... [More]
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
Concerned Citizens of Linn County held an informational meeting on Feb. 2 at the Centerville Community Center. Over 50 Linn County citizens and landowners joined opponents of a German-owned company’s planned wind farm development on this day to discuss the impact... [More]
Choices include semester-long English, auto tech Prairie View High juniors and seniors will have additional course options beginning next school year. As approved by the Unified School District 362 board of education at their monthly meeting Monday,... [More]
A Mound City man, Dennis J. Gentry, age 64, was fatally injured at 1:25 p.m. last Tuesday, Feb. 5, on U.S. Highway 169 near 355th Street in Miami County when, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol crash log, his 2002 Chevy Silverado was southbound on... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Jayhawk and Prairie View JV wrestling teams competed at the Burlington JV Invitational on Feb. 9. This was a very large tournament with 32 teams, and the tournament was divided into brackets according to weight class with four to five wrestlers in each bracket.... [More]
The Buffalo wrestling team competed in the Pioneer League tournament at Burlington on Feb. 9. The tournament was originally scheduled for Feb. 7 at Iola, but bad weather had the tournament rescheduled and relocated. The Buffalos placed fourth with... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational