Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Edmond Glenn Arnold, 98, of Pleasanton, Kan., died Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at El Dorado Health and Rehab. Glenn was born in Linn County, Kan., on Oct. 10, 1919, to Robert and Katie (Hodges) Arnold. He was the youngest of seven children. Glenn graduated from Pleasanton High School.
During his time as a construction worker, he helped build both the La Cygne and Atchison power plants.
Glenn was an avid fisherman and taught all five of his grandkids how to fish. Glenn was a member of the Masons and the First Christian Church of Pleasanton.
On Oct. 31, 1942, he married the love of his life, Reta Fern Jones. She preceded him in death on Nov. 12, 2005.
He was also preceded in death by a daughter, Ronda Kay Ruby, on July 19, 2014; one sister, Amy Guthrie; and five brothers, John, Seth, Phillip, Emory and Steve Arnold.
Survivors include a son, Ron Arnold, and his wife Anita of Leon, Kan.; five grandchildren, Cody Arnold and his wife Tiffany, Dani Arnold and her fiancé Shawon Gardner, Chase Ruby and his wife Amanda, Cale Ruby, and Chelsea (Ruby) Phillips and her husband Justin; and five great grandchildren.
The funeral service was held on Monday, June 4, 2018, at Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial followed in Pleasanton Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions to the First Christian Church of Pleasanton in care of Schneider Funeral Home, PO Box 525, Pleasanton, Kan. 66075. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Homes & Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Leslie Eugene Andres, age 67, passed away June 13, 2018, at his home near Pleasanton, Kan. Gene was born on March 15, 1951, in Iola, Kan., to Lyle Andres and Virginia Stokes Andres. Gene graduated from the... [More]
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Charles Eugene Franklin, age 79, Hume, Mo., passed away on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. Funeral service was held Saturday, June 16, 2018, at the Hume Christian Church. Burial was in the Hume Cemetery. The... [More]
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Leslie Ann Nation, age 20, Mound City, Kan., died Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She was born in Overland Park, Kan., on June 21, 1997, the daughter of David and Tracie (West)... [More]
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
- Evelyn Maxine Ham 04-08-1924 to 06-03-2018
- Lester V. McCoy 10-12-1942 to 05-30-2018
- Meredith June Burnett 06-01-1923 to 06-02-2018
BY TONY FURSE LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@YAHOO.COM Midday busing will be offered to Prairie View Unified School District 362 preschoolers for this upcoming school year. On a 5-1 vote, with Chuck Dunlop dissenting and Nicolas Philpott absent, the... [More]
A consolidated afternoon preliminary hearing has been set for a former Linn County sheriff’s deputy and Pleasanton school resource officer. The two cases filed against David Allen Huggins, La Cygne, will be heard at 1:30 p.m. July 17 in Linn County District Court. To... [More]
Two gatherings were held on Monday, June 18, in Mound City to garner community and elected officials’ thoughts on the feasibility of building a new jail complex. After hearing from the Linn County District Court staff and elected officials, the County Commissioners... [More]
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
- Linn Valley – patrolling U.S. 69 nets high percentage of drug arrests
School is out and summer is heating up so it is a good time for the family to enjoy some fishing. Here are some current fishing reports from various bodies of water in Linn County to help one decide where to fish. All fishing reports were posted on June 1. To see the full article,... [More]
The Pleasanton/Jayhawk trapshooting team traveled to Wichita on June 16 to compete in the 2018 Kansas State High School Clay Target League State Championship. Pleasanton/Jayhawk had 16 shooters compete in the event that included 50 teams and more than 1,000 shooters. To see... [More]
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational
- Jayhawk golf places 1st in tournaments in West Franklin, Osawatomie