Linn County News
Published March 28, 2018
Ila Marie Elliott, 86, formerly of Mound City, Kan., died on Sunday, March 18, 2018, in Marysville, Ohio. She was born on March 1, 1932, at Prescott, Kan., the daughter of Elmer and Ella Masoner Beckman.
She married Ralph C. Elliott on July 17, 1949, at Paola, Kan. Ila had claimed him about 12 years earlier when on her first day of first grade and his first day of third grade, she stated she was going to marry him. They were married 63 beautiful years. Ila relished her role as a devoted wife and homemaker.
She and Ralph moved around with his Phillips employment, living in Ohio from 1960-1986. When Ralph retired in 1986, he and Ila moved to Hardy, Ark., where they built their dream log home, which they enjoyed for 16 years before moving to Mound City in 2002.
Ila was full of life and enjoyed spending time with her family. She made the best of every situation.
Ila was preceded in death by her parents; her beloved husband Ralph on Feb. 17, 2013; one daughter and her husband, Martha and John Rose; one son and his wife, Randy and Cathy Elliott; and one son-in-law, Bill Rose.
Survivors include one daughter, Pamela Janel Rose; six grandchildren, Stacey, Heidi, Randy Lynn, Janel, Brian and Jesse; 11 great grandchildren, Tyler, Stephanie, Riley, Johnathan, Morgyn, Austin, Kyle, Owen, Will, Ila and Nolan; four great, great grandsons, Christopher, Macaijah, Lafayette and Kyroh, with a fifth great, great grandchild due any day; one brother, Charles Beckman and his wife Sarah; and numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Funeral service was Thursday, March 22, 2018, at Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Burial was in Miami Presbyterian Cemetery, Paola.
The family suggests contributions to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published March 20, 2019 William (Bill) Monroe Scott, 94, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, March 15, 2019, at his home near Mound City. Bill was born Dec. 20, 1924, to Leo Bertner and Elizabeth (Hahn) Scott at his home in rural... [More]
Linn County News Published March 20, 2019 Billy Paul Brown, age 71, most recently of Blue Mound, Kan., died Saturday, March 16, 2019, as the result of an accident. He was born at Fort Scott, Kan., on Oct. 14, 1947, the son of Rolla and Margie Black Brown. He graduated... [More]
Linn County News Published March 13, 2019 Daniel Eugene Johnston, 61, Lane, Kan., died March 9, 2019, at his home. Visitation will be from 6- 8 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2019, at Dengel & Son Mortuary, 605 O’Neal Ave., Osawatomie, Kan. Memorial service... [More]
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
It was with surprise that many people heard the initial word that District 2 Commissioner Vicki Leonard was retiring the end of April. She was the first woman elected to the seat of County Commissioner in Linn County and held the position from 2009 to the present. Leonard moved... [More]
MOUND CITY – Former Kansas City Fox 4 weatherman Mike Thompson, who now advocates for community groups trying to fight industrial wind farms, will bring the science and politics of massive wind turbine fields to light in a special presentation, Thursday,... [More]
PV FFA celebrating 50 years! The Prairie View FFA Boosters will host an evening of fun, food and entertainment on March 23 celebrating the 50th anniversary of Prairie View FFA. This social and fundraising event is open to the public and will include dinner,... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Three Rivers League released their All League teams, and multiple players from Pleasanton and Jayhawk made the girls’ and boys’ teams. The Lady Jays had four players make All League. Ella Sabine made the first team while Emma Sabine, Raygen... [More]
The Pioneer League released their All League teams recently and only one Buffalo from the boys’ or girls’ teams made All League. Grace Aust made All League second team. The women’s first team consisted of Jenna Schmit of Anderson County, Kirsten Young... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational