Linn County News
Published March 28, 2018
Ila Marie Elliott, 86, formerly of Mound City, Kan., died on Sunday, March 18, 2018, in Marysville, Ohio. She was born on March 1, 1932, at Prescott, Kan., the daughter of Elmer and Ella Masoner Beckman.
She married Ralph C. Elliott on July 17, 1949, at Paola, Kan. Ila had claimed him about 12 years earlier when on her first day of first grade and his first day of third grade, she stated she was going to marry him. They were married 63 beautiful years. Ila relished her role as a devoted wife and homemaker.
She and Ralph moved around with his Phillips employment, living in Ohio from 1960-1986. When Ralph retired in 1986, he and Ila moved to Hardy, Ark., where they built their dream log home, which they enjoyed for 16 years before moving to Mound City in 2002.
Ila was full of life and enjoyed spending time with her family. She made the best of every situation.
Ila was preceded in death by her parents; her beloved husband Ralph on Feb. 17, 2013; one daughter and her husband, Martha and John Rose; one son and his wife, Randy and Cathy Elliott; and one son-in-law, Bill Rose.
Survivors include one daughter, Pamela Janel Rose; six grandchildren, Stacey, Heidi, Randy Lynn, Janel, Brian and Jesse; 11 great grandchildren, Tyler, Stephanie, Riley, Johnathan, Morgyn, Austin, Kyle, Owen, Will, Ila and Nolan; four great, great grandsons, Christopher, Macaijah, Lafayette and Kyroh, with a fifth great, great grandchild due any day; one brother, Charles Beckman and his wife Sarah; and numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Funeral service was Thursday, March 22, 2018, at Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Burial was in Miami Presbyterian Cemetery, Paola.
The family suggests contributions to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 James Patrick Souders, age 80, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018, at his home. He was born March 17, 1938, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Harley H. and Mabel (Duffels) Souders. Jim graduated in... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Curtis Allen Wayne Peters, age 27, Pleasanton, Kan., died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018. Visitation was held Tuesday evening, Sept. 18, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel followed by a... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Larry D. Capehart, age 79 of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018, at his home under Hospice care after a long year of battling cancer. He was born Aug. 31, 1939, to George F. and Bertha A. Capehart in... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
Mark your calendars for Friday, Oct. 19. Mound City Library will be having a chili supper and chair auction to benefit Concern/Good Buys in Mound City. All money from both will go to Concern. The free-will donation chili supper will start at 4 p.m. Then at 5:30 p.m.... [More]
The organizers of the annual Parker Days celebration have added a new event for this year’s lineup – a smoke-off. The event is open to amateurs and requires a $50 entry fee which is nonrefundable. The entry fee must be paid by Sept. 26 by mailing... [More]
A defendant who spent approximately five years in jail following conviction of robbing the Bank of Kincaid on March 6, 2013, was again charged on two counts prior to the statute of limitations including aiding and abetting attempted aggravated battery of LEO (law... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
The Prairie View volleyball team traveled to Wellsville on Sept. 11 to play in a triangular against Wellsville and Burlington. The Buffalos started by playing Burlington. They lost in two sets to the Wildcats, 10-25 and 9-25. The team then faced Wellsville and played... [More]
It was a good night for football on Sept. 14 as Pleasanton hosted their rival Jayhawk-Linn for the first time in football for quite some time. The Jays and Hawks have not been able to play each other for a while due to Pleasanton being 8-man and Jayhawk 11-man. However,... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational