Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Jack Maluch Jeserick, age 87, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Monday, May 28, 2018, at his home. He was born in Philadelphia, Penn., on June 16, 1930, the son of German immigrant parents, Frank Carl and Margaret Gertrude Maluch Jeserick.
He moved to the farm in 1944 and graduated from Drexel, Mo., High School. After high school Jack worked as a mechanic, farmed, hunted, trapped and obtained his private pilot’s license.
He married Mary Alice Jackson on Jan. 27, 1976, at Mesa, Ariz.
He made several trips to Germany to visit relatives.
Jack was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, currently at the Mound City Branch. He was previously a member at the Paola Ward where he taught Sunday school.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Jack is survived by his wife Mary Alice; a son, Mitchell Jeserick and wife Melissa; a sister, Ellen Jeserick Gross, and her four children, Chuck, Charla, Alan and Suellen and their families; five grandchildren, Jessica, Whitney, Robyn, Megan and Ryan; and two great grandchildren, Michael Jr. and Felicity.
Funeral service was held on Saturday, June 2, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial was in the Prescott Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions to Humanitarian Aid or Heartland Hospice. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published July 3, 2019 Rosalie Rebecca (Priest) Rowe of Iola, Kan., went to be with the Lord on Monday, July 1, 2019. Rosalie departed this world peacefully at home surrounded by her husband and her sons. Rosalie was born in Lawrence, Kan., on Jan.... [More]
Published in the Linn County News July 3, 2019 Adam Wayne Bancroft, age 48, resident of Ft. Scott, KS, died Friday, June 21, 2019, as the result of a vehicle accident east of Ft. Scott on Hwy. 54. He was born January 10, 1971, in Lansing, MI, the son... [More]
Published in the Linn County News July 3, 2019 Cleo Irma Bloomfield, age 93, a lifelong resident of Prescott, Kan., passed away late Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at the Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, Kan. She was born September 13, 1925, in Prescott,... [More]
- Anthony “Tony” Hubert Taylor 01-23- 2002 to 7-13-2019
- Christopher William Otto 10-22-1980 to 07-11-2019
- Donald E. “Buddy” Payne 11-09-1933 to 07-10-2019
- Kenneth L. Robbins 08-16-1945 to 07-01-2019
- Linda Jo Fort 11-16-1940 to 07-03-2019
- Dennis “Denny” K. Harris 05-01-1948 to 07-03-2019
- Paula Felix McClintock 03-10-1958 to 06-20-2019
- Bryan Lee Callahan 09-05-1957 to 03-18-2019
Greeting the audience of nearly 20 at the La Cygne Community Building Monday, U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran did it from his wheelchair after a hiking accident that occurred in Phoenix, an accident that took his tour of the Mexican border off his list for the time being.... [More]
Christopher Otto, 38, of Mound City, was killed in a vehicular accident on Interstate 80 in Wyoming on Thursday, July 11. According to area reports, Otto was traveling westbound east of Rawlins, Wyo., near milepost 233 when he encountered a construction... [More]
Engineer lays out preliminary La Cygne project options Property owners near La Cygne’s intersection of Kansas Highway 152 and Industrial Road heard concepts about the point’s future widening at a July 8 town hall. Jason Hoskinson, professional... [More]
- Francis Dean Pratt 07-01-1929 to 06-19-2019
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Isabel Marie Read 10-07-1917 to 06-17-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
The Linn County coach pitch baseball teams and 10U baseball teams finished their seasons with their year-end tournaments. The coach pitch boys’ tournament was held on July 13 and July 15 at Blue Mound. There were nine teams in the... [More]
The Pleasanton trapshooting team traveled to Mason, Mich., July 12-14 for the USA High School Clay Target League National Championship. As a team the Blu-Jays finished 68th out of 207 teams with a total score of 913. The Jays had a day one... [More]
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational