Published Jan. 9, 2019
Linn County News
James Franklin Norman, age 42, departed his earthly life on December 30, 2018 at Olathe Medical Center surrounded by his family. James was born July 12, 1976 in Butler, Missouri the son of Joseph E. and Leona G. Rittinghouse Norman.
He lived his younger years in El Dorado Springs, Missouri. He later moved to Pleasanton where he lived until his health worsened and he moved to Louisburg. He then moved to Osawatomie, residing there until his passing.
James loved life and had made many friends over his lifetime. He loved fishing with his brother and taking long walks with his sister. He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Frank and Adelpha Rittinghouse and James and Arletta Norman; and his father, Joseph E. Norman. He is survived by his mother and stepfather, Leona and Roy Canaday; a sister Sharla Dach and friend Ben; and his brother and sister-in-law, Justin and Jennifer Culler. Also surviving is a niece, Gail Wright, and a nephew, Cody Wright, and his fiance Kaitlyn Ogle. He found out on the day of his death that he was going to be a great uncle.
Funeral service will be held 2:30 p.m., Saturday, January 5, 2019 at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be in the Trading Post Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 1:30 p.m. to service time at the Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to the Kidney Foundation. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Jan. 16, 2019 Diana Lynn Kessler, age 61, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, at the Olathe Medical Center. She was born on Feb. 28, 1957, at Olathe, Kan., the daughter of Russell and Marie Burt Clay. She enjoyed... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 16, 2019 Roy Luttrell, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 11, 2019, at St Luke’s South in Overland Park, Kan. He was born on Jan. 16, 1949, at Borger, Texas, the son of Warren Rufus and... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 16, 2019 Jane Lee Deter, 87, of Atlantic, Iowa, passed away Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019, at her home in Atlantic. Jane was born Feb. 25, 1931, in Fort Scott, Kan., to Reese Edward and Elizabeth Lorene (McCormack) Laughlin. She lived... [More]
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
Linn County was hit by the season’s first large snowfall over the weekend – admittedly a beautiful heavy snow – but with that, it brought power outages that several, as of press time, in the Parker and La Cygne area were still dealing with. Average snowfall... [More]
Parker has decided to conduct its city court on a monthly basis. After discussing the recommendation of Cherry Buckley, city court clerk, at last Thursday’s monthly meeting, the City Council approved not only the frequency change but... [More]
Jessy Willard, who recently purchased the building where the former Country View Nursing Home was located, attended Tuesday night’s Prescott City Council meeting to discuss his plans for the use of the building. Willard, who purchased the building two weeks ago,... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Jayhawk wrestling team traveled to Humboldt on Jan. 10 to compete in duals against Humboldt and Parsons. These duals finals ended in interesting circumstances. The team tied Humboldt 36-36 but lost the tie-breaking criteria. However, in the next dual against... [More]
The Prairie View boys basketball team played two Pioneer League games as they traveled to Anderson County on Jan. 8 and host Osawatomie on Jan. 11. The Buffalos lost both games as they fell to Anderson County 84-46 and then lost to Osawatomie 65-52. The Anderson County game... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational