Kenneth Dale Roberts
05-08-1956 to 10-09-2019
Linn County News
Published Oct. 16, 2019
Kenneth Dale Roberts, age 63, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away unexpectedly Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019, at his home. He was born May 8, 1956, in Fort Scott, the son of Kenneth Ray Roberts and Joanne Lloyd Roberts.
Dale attended school in both Fort Scott and Pittsburg and graduated from the Pleasanton High School.
He married Cynthia Ann Hickman on April 8, 1983, at Miami, Okla.
Dale worked for Ward-Kraft in Fort Scott for 15 years. He later served as vice president of Ross Martin and Corporate Express, a printing company based in Tulsa, Okla. Dale and his wife later owned and operated Comfort Keepers, an in-home care service in Owasso, Okla.
Following retirement, Dale and his family returned to Fort Scott. He enjoyed woodworking as well as hunting, fishing and traveling. He was a member of the Grace Baptist Tabernacle.
Survivors include his two children, Brett Roberts and Danielle Roberts, both of Fort Scott; his mother and stepfather, Joanne and Ralph Bradley, of Cottonwood Falls, Kan.; two brothers, Kevin Roberts, of Pleasanton, Kan., and Kurt Roberts, of Cottonwood Falls; and a sister, Penny Talmage, of Ottawa, Kan. Also surviving are his father-in-law, Herb Hickman, of Pittsburg, Kan.; and a close family friend, Matt Nelson, of Owasso.
His wife, Cynthia, preceded him in death on June 17, 2015. He was also preceded in death by his father, Kenneth Ray Roberts; an infant brother, Scott Roberts; and his mother-in-law, Shirley Hickman.
Following cremation, Rev. Paul Rooks will conduct a memorial service at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, at the Grace Baptist Tabernacle in Fort Scott. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21, at the Highland Park Cemetery in Pittsburg.
Memorials are suggested to the Grace Baptist Tabernacle and may be left in care of the Cheney Witt Chapel, 201 S. Main, P.O. Box 347, Fort Scott, KS 66701. Words of remembrance may be submitted to the online guestbook at cheneywitt.com.
Ruby Violet Brenneman, age 81, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, at her home. She was born on June 29, 1938, in La Cygne the daughter of John D. and Violet May Anderson Holman. She graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956. ... [More]
Dwayne Charles Beckford was born July 20, 1949, in Riverside, Calif., to Andrew Beckford and Lucille Hillman Beckford. His father's military career took the family to many locations before finally settling in Mapleton, Kan. He graduated from Blue Mound High School in 1967... [More]
James Walter Meech, age 62, passed away Monday, Sept. 2, 2019, with his wife, kids and close friends near, on his farm home near Fort Scott, Kan., after a battle with Gliosarcoma brain cancer. Jim was born April 18, 1957, in Fort Scott, the son of Dennis Walter and Estella... [More]
- Joseph O. Patterson 06-10-1937 to 11-06-2019
- Frances Marie Pruitt 08-29-1936 to 11-04-2019
- Tabatha Elaine Brown 07-29-1979 to 10-27-2019
- Perle David Patrick Sr. 07-13-1938 to 11-02-2019
- Sybil May Fehr Chaplin 05-25-1925 to 10-26-2019
- Eva May Goebel 12-27-1946 to 10-28-2019
- Dorothy Darelene Nelson 09-12-1927 to 10-28-2019
- Perry Lyle Cougill 1981 to 2019
Due to the Veterans Day Holiday and the annual KAC Conference, next week’s Commission Meeting has been canceled. The next Commission Meeting will be held on November 18th, with the Election Canvas starting at 9:30 AM on that date
As the City Council of Mound City waited for a quorum at their Monday meeting, they passed around a floodplain map just produced by the state of Kansas that enlarged the floodplain in and around the city. Discussion ensued about the last... [More]
Bollinger lists high school upgrades as first priority The Unified School District 362 board of education will await a report at this Monday’s 7 p.m. monthly meeting after directing its superintendent to compile additional information on possible... [More]
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
In a microcosm, Friday’s shutout loss at Hillsboro reinforced what Dustin Johnson, Pleasanton head football coach, deemed a “frustrating” season. Not only had the Blu-Jays gone into the Class 1A bi-district game already missing two... [More]
Prairie View senior Brooke Allen made her fourth consecutive State Cross Country Meet as she competed at the 3A State Cross Country Meet at Rim Rock Farm in Lawrence on Nov. 2. “I had a lot of confidence in Brooke going into the State... [More]
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track