Linn County News
Published Jan. 10, 2018
Laurel Marie “Bebo” White, age 97, Prescott, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018, at Prescott Country View. She was born on April 10, 1920, in Linn County, Kan., the daughter of Elias and Leona Bradley Bloomfield.
She graduated from Prescott High School and married Earl T. White on June 25, 1938, at the Bourbon County Courthouse.
She and Earl were involved in several business adventures during their married years. Some of these included: a trucking business, produce and feed store and service station, and being a janitor at the Prescott School.
She was a member of the Prescott United Methodist Church, being active in several different ministries.
Earl and she took many trips, as they loved to travel. One included a summer excursion to Idaho that included work and a bear hunt. They enjoyed attending all the family activities from their kids, to grandkids and great grandkids.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband Earl; son and daughter-in-law Joe and Shirley; daughter Reba Ann; brother Russell Bloomfield; and two sisters, Lila Wood and Rosalee Dugan.
She is survived by her children, Patty Coleman and husband Geryl; son Donnie White and wife Kathy; six grandchildren, Susan, Debbie, Dani, Sonja, Dane and Shane; 14 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
Funeral service was Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018, at the Prescott United Methodist Church. Burial was in the Barnesville Cemetery.
Contributions are suggested to: Mercy Hospice, Prescott Country View or Care to Share. Online condolences for the family can be left at Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 James Patrick Souders, age 80, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018, at his home. He was born March 17, 1938, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Harley H. and Mabel (Duffels) Souders. Jim graduated in... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Curtis Allen Wayne Peters, age 27, Pleasanton, Kan., died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018. Visitation was held Tuesday evening, Sept. 18, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel followed by a... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Larry D. Capehart, age 79 of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018, at his home under Hospice care after a long year of battling cancer. He was born Aug. 31, 1939, to George F. and Bertha A. Capehart in... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
Mark your calendars for Friday, Oct. 19. Mound City Library will be having a chili supper and chair auction to benefit Concern/Good Buys in Mound City. All money from both will go to Concern. The free-will donation chili supper will start at 4 p.m. Then at 5:30 p.m.... [More]
The organizers of the annual Parker Days celebration have added a new event for this year’s lineup – a smoke-off. The event is open to amateurs and requires a $50 entry fee which is nonrefundable. The entry fee must be paid by Sept. 26 by mailing... [More]
A defendant who spent approximately five years in jail following conviction of robbing the Bank of Kincaid on March 6, 2013, was again charged on two counts prior to the statute of limitations including aiding and abetting attempted aggravated battery of LEO (law... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
The Prairie View volleyball team traveled to Wellsville on Sept. 11 to play in a triangular against Wellsville and Burlington. The Buffalos started by playing Burlington. They lost in two sets to the Wildcats, 10-25 and 9-25. The team then faced Wellsville and played... [More]
It was a good night for football on Sept. 14 as Pleasanton hosted their rival Jayhawk-Linn for the first time in football for quite some time. The Jays and Hawks have not been able to play each other for a while due to Pleasanton being 8-man and Jayhawk 11-man. However,... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational