Linn County News
Published July 11, 2018
Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler, 103, of La Cygne, Kan., died Thursday, July 5, 2018, at University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. Lillian was born April 1, 1915, at Coffeyville, Kan., in the home of her parents, David Pryor and Bertha M. (Shipka) Nye. Lillian was raised on a cattle ranch in Mt. Dora, N.M., and grew to love animals of all kinds. During the Depression, the family moved back to Kansas.
On May 18, 1936, Lillian married Cleo “C.L.” Mosler at Columbus, Kan. Following their marriage, the couple farmed south of Oswego for a few years before moving to Kansas City, Mo., in 1947. In 1951 they bought the farm east of La Cygne. Together they ran the farm and rode horses on trail rides; both often won trophies for being the oldest riders.
They were also members of the Road Runners Band of Osawatomie. Lillian played the mandolin, harmonica and sang as the group performed for various events and nursing homes in the area.
Lillian was preceded in death by her husband C.L. Mosler on Dec. 9, 1988; her brother, Ellis Nye; her sister, Carlyn Welliver; and her son-in-law, Donald Stainbrook.
Survivors include her daughter, Delores Stainbrook; three granddaughters and their husbands, Karen and Bill Martin, Diane and Dan Mathia, and Lauri and Richard Beckman; five great granddaughters, Shawna, Heather, Richelle, Brooke and Laurissa; one great grandson, Derek; and seven great, great grandchildren, Hayden, Micayla, Jackson, Sierra, Lydia, Avery and Nolan.
Funeral service was held Monday, July 9, at Calvary Baptist, La Cygne. Burial followed in Ninety Six Cemetery east of La Cygne.
Contributions are suggested to Calvary Baptist Church or the Stainbrook Foundation in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published May 22, 2019 Russell LeRoy Ginger, age 75, of Linn Valley, Kan., passed away at his home on Tuesday, May 14, 2019. Funeral service was Saturday, May 18, 2019, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.... [More]
Linn County News Published May 22, 2019 William "Bill" Fredrick Gilbert Jr., age 78, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at his Pleasanton home. Graveside service was Friday, May 17, 2019, at the Pleasanton Cemetery. Contributions... [More]
Linn County News Published May 15, 2019 Loree Long, age 88, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Saturday, May 11, 2019, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Friends and... [More]
- Bryan Lee Callahan 09-05-1957 to 03-18-2019
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center is expecting an outbreak of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms over parts of the southern Plains this afternoon and tonight. The risk by area is highlighted by each color on the map. Most of southeast Kansas is currently... [More]
Linn County News Published May 22, 2019 Ferne L. McRae, age 90, of Oak Creek, Wis., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Monday, May 13, 2019, in Wauwatosa, Wis. She was born on April 23, 1929, in La Cygne, the daughter of Jesse William and Carie Louise... [More]
After a lengthy back and forth at their Monday meeting, the Prescott City Council eventually denied the request of Jessy Willard to provide him a reduced rate or discount on utilities for the old nursing home building, which Willard has been trying... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Pleasanton track teams traveled to Yates Center on May 9 to compete in the Three Rivers League track meet. “We had a good day. The boys placed second with 90 points and the girls placed third with 64 points,” Head Coach Dan... [More]
The Jayhawk golf team will once again head to the State Tournament after the team finished second at their 2-A regional at Fort Scott hosted by Uniontown. The tournament took place on May 13 and the top three teams along with top individual golfers... [More]
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational