Linn County News
Published July 11, 2018
Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler, 103, of La Cygne, Kan., died Thursday, July 5, 2018, at University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. Lillian was born April 1, 1915, at Coffeyville, Kan., in the home of her parents, David Pryor and Bertha M. (Shipka) Nye. Lillian was raised on a cattle ranch in Mt. Dora, N.M., and grew to love animals of all kinds. During the Depression, the family moved back to Kansas.
On May 18, 1936, Lillian married Cleo “C.L.” Mosler at Columbus, Kan. Following their marriage, the couple farmed south of Oswego for a few years before moving to Kansas City, Mo., in 1947. In 1951 they bought the farm east of La Cygne. Together they ran the farm and rode horses on trail rides; both often won trophies for being the oldest riders.
They were also members of the Road Runners Band of Osawatomie. Lillian played the mandolin, harmonica and sang as the group performed for various events and nursing homes in the area.
Lillian was preceded in death by her husband C.L. Mosler on Dec. 9, 1988; her brother, Ellis Nye; her sister, Carlyn Welliver; and her son-in-law, Donald Stainbrook.
Survivors include her daughter, Delores Stainbrook; three granddaughters and their husbands, Karen and Bill Martin, Diane and Dan Mathia, and Lauri and Richard Beckman; five great granddaughters, Shawna, Heather, Richelle, Brooke and Laurissa; one great grandson, Derek; and seven great, great grandchildren, Hayden, Micayla, Jackson, Sierra, Lydia, Avery and Nolan.
Funeral service was held Monday, July 9, at Calvary Baptist, La Cygne. Burial followed in Ninety Six Cemetery east of La Cygne.
Contributions are suggested to Calvary Baptist Church or the Stainbrook Foundation in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 James Patrick Souders, age 80, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018, at his home. He was born March 17, 1938, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Harley H. and Mabel (Duffels) Souders. Jim graduated in... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Curtis Allen Wayne Peters, age 27, Pleasanton, Kan., died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018. Visitation was held Tuesday evening, Sept. 18, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel followed by a... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Larry D. Capehart, age 79 of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018, at his home under Hospice care after a long year of battling cancer. He was born Aug. 31, 1939, to George F. and Bertha A. Capehart in... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
Mark your calendars for Friday, Oct. 19. Mound City Library will be having a chili supper and chair auction to benefit Concern/Good Buys in Mound City. All money from both will go to Concern. The free-will donation chili supper will start at 4 p.m. Then at 5:30 p.m.... [More]
The organizers of the annual Parker Days celebration have added a new event for this year’s lineup – a smoke-off. The event is open to amateurs and requires a $50 entry fee which is nonrefundable. The entry fee must be paid by Sept. 26 by mailing... [More]
A defendant who spent approximately five years in jail following conviction of robbing the Bank of Kincaid on March 6, 2013, was again charged on two counts prior to the statute of limitations including aiding and abetting attempted aggravated battery of LEO (law... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
The Prairie View volleyball team traveled to Wellsville on Sept. 11 to play in a triangular against Wellsville and Burlington. The Buffalos started by playing Burlington. They lost in two sets to the Wildcats, 10-25 and 9-25. The team then faced Wellsville and played... [More]
It was a good night for football on Sept. 14 as Pleasanton hosted their rival Jayhawk-Linn for the first time in football for quite some time. The Jays and Hawks have not been able to play each other for a while due to Pleasanton being 8-man and Jayhawk 11-man. However,... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational