Linn County News
Published July 11, 2018
Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler, 103, of La Cygne, Kan., died Thursday, July 5, 2018, at University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. Lillian was born April 1, 1915, at Coffeyville, Kan., in the home of her parents, David Pryor and Bertha M. (Shipka) Nye. Lillian was raised on a cattle ranch in Mt. Dora, N.M., and grew to love animals of all kinds. During the Depression, the family moved back to Kansas.
On May 18, 1936, Lillian married Cleo “C.L.” Mosler at Columbus, Kan. Following their marriage, the couple farmed south of Oswego for a few years before moving to Kansas City, Mo., in 1947. In 1951 they bought the farm east of La Cygne. Together they ran the farm and rode horses on trail rides; both often won trophies for being the oldest riders.
They were also members of the Road Runners Band of Osawatomie. Lillian played the mandolin, harmonica and sang as the group performed for various events and nursing homes in the area.
Lillian was preceded in death by her husband C.L. Mosler on Dec. 9, 1988; her brother, Ellis Nye; her sister, Carlyn Welliver; and her son-in-law, Donald Stainbrook.
Survivors include her daughter, Delores Stainbrook; three granddaughters and their husbands, Karen and Bill Martin, Diane and Dan Mathia, and Lauri and Richard Beckman; five great granddaughters, Shawna, Heather, Richelle, Brooke and Laurissa; one great grandson, Derek; and seven great, great grandchildren, Hayden, Micayla, Jackson, Sierra, Lydia, Avery and Nolan.
Funeral service was held Monday, July 9, at Calvary Baptist, La Cygne. Burial followed in Ninety Six Cemetery east of La Cygne.
Contributions are suggested to Calvary Baptist Church or the Stainbrook Foundation in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Nov. 12, 2018 Patsy A. Smith, age 81, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Monday, Nov. 12, 2018, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. She was born at Fort Scott, Kan., on Nov. 25, 1936, the daughter of Charles and Mildred Snider Smith.... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Michael Alfred Kaiser, 77, of Centerville, Kan., died on Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, at The University of Kansas Hospital. Michael was born Nov. 21, 1940, in Peoria, Ill., to Alfred Asbury and Ruth Ann (Owens) Kaiser.... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Julia Ann “Peg” Brownback of Council Bluffs, Iowa, died on Oct. 27, 2018. She was born in Pleasanton, Kan., on July 20, 1932. She was preceded in death by husband Clarence E. Brownback. ... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
A collection of toys and canned goods is being held for Concern to distribute to local Mound City families in need. Items being donated can be dropped off now through Nov. 30 at Jayhawk Elementary School or Jayhawk-Linn High School.
Linn County Economic Development Director Jessica Hightower is in the process of updating the Linn County brochure that will be placed in many high-traffic areas in the region. The brochure highlights many activities and things that draw people to the county,... [More]
Southern Linn County health care unites By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Health care, like most things in our lives today, is a quickly changing industry, and Linn County is not exempt from those changes. In a “quasi-official”... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Pioneer League’s All League selections have come out, and the league champion Buffalos have eight players between the first and second teams. The first team offense features three Buffalos, running back Hunter Boone, tight end Mason Walker and offensive... [More]
Submitted by Kay Voorhees Miami County 4-H Foundation On a breezy, cool fall morning, 80 runners/walkers, supported by more than 30 volunteers and 42 sponsors, started the sixth Miami County 4-H Foundation Clover Run 5K at 9 a.m. Nov. 3 at Wallace Park in Paola.... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational