Linn County News
Published Oct. 11, 2017
Linda Diane Jordan, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away at her home Monday, Oct. 9, 2017. She was born Nov. 3, 1947 in Coffeyville, Kan., the daughter of William Clarence and Dorothy Glendora Davis Beeson.
Diane married Bill Jordan on Aug. 27, 1968 in Coffeyville, Kan. They moved to the country in Pleasanton so that she could have animals. She loved caring for many strays over the years. She was a dance teacher for several years in Pleasanton.
Diane was the Red Raven mascot for Coffeyville Junior College and her claim to fame was having a college course with Gary Busey. She enjoyed bowling with Bill at Fort Scott Lanes. They were league champions several times. She also enjoyed sewing, knitting, crocheting, making her own clothes, collecting dragons and spelunking (cave exploring).
Diane was preceded in death by her parents and one brother, David William Beeson. She is survived by her husband, Bill; a daughter Nicole Lowe and husband Brian of Prescott, Kan.; two sisters, Penny Swigart and husband Jerry, and Marci Schrag; two grandchildren, Dakota and Bria’Lee; two nieces and one nephew.
Visitation will be held Thursday, Oct. 12th from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. The family suggests contributions to Lee’s Paws and Claws. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Leslie Eugene Andres, age 67, passed away June 13, 2018, at his home near Pleasanton, Kan. Gene was born on March 15, 1951, in Iola, Kan., to Lyle Andres and Virginia Stokes Andres. Gene graduated from the... [More]
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Charles Eugene Franklin, age 79, Hume, Mo., passed away on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. Funeral service was held Saturday, June 16, 2018, at the Hume Christian Church. Burial was in the Hume Cemetery. The... [More]
Linn County News Published June 20, 2018 Leslie Ann Nation, age 20, Mound City, Kan., died Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She was born in Overland Park, Kan., on June 21, 1997, the daughter of David and Tracie (West)... [More]
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
- Evelyn Maxine Ham 04-08-1924 to 06-03-2018
- Lester V. McCoy 10-12-1942 to 05-30-2018
BY TONY FURSE LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@YAHOO.COM Midday busing will be offered to Prairie View Unified School District 362 preschoolers for this upcoming school year. On a 5-1 vote, with Chuck Dunlop dissenting and Nicolas Philpott absent, the... [More]
A consolidated afternoon preliminary hearing has been set for a former Linn County sheriff’s deputy and Pleasanton school resource officer. The two cases filed against David Allen Huggins, La Cygne, will be heard at 1:30 p.m. July 17 in Linn County District Court. To... [More]
Two gatherings were held on Monday, June 18, in Mound City to garner community and elected officials’ thoughts on the feasibility of building a new jail complex. After hearing from the Linn County District Court staff and elected officials, the County Commissioners... [More]
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
- Linn Valley – patrolling U.S. 69 nets high percentage of drug arrests
School is out and summer is heating up so it is a good time for the family to enjoy some fishing. Here are some current fishing reports from various bodies of water in Linn County to help one decide where to fish. All fishing reports were posted on June 1. To see the full article,... [More]
The Pleasanton/Jayhawk trapshooting team traveled to Wichita on June 16 to compete in the 2018 Kansas State High School Clay Target League State Championship. Pleasanton/Jayhawk had 16 shooters compete in the event that included 50 teams and more than 1,000 shooters. To see... [More]
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational
- Jayhawk golf places 1st in tournaments in West Franklin, Osawatomie