Loren LeRoy Miller, 77, of Raytown, Mo., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., died on Sunday, July 17, 2016, at Olathe Medical Center. Loren was born Oct. 13, 1938, in La Cygne to Grover Lorain “Bud” and Mary Enid (Morgan) Miller. He graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956.
Loren was a carpenter by trade and worked in construction building homes and businesses. He retired from Kansas University Medical Center where he worked for 16 years in the maintenance department. Loren was a member of the Carpenter’s Union and Lions Club International.
Loren enjoyed working on his farm and gardening. He especially enjoyed spending time with his kids and grandkids.
Loren was preceded in death by his parents; and a brother, Roland Hurst Miller.
Survivors include two sons, Kent Miller of Parker, Kan., and Kevin Miller and wife Vickie of Butler, Mo.; two daughters, Tamela Null and husband Robert of Louisburg, Kan., and Tonguie Bandel and husband Roger of Perry, Kan.; three brothers, Larry D. Miller, Phillip R. Miller and Francis L. Miller; two sisters, Loleta A. Steed and Elaine Elliott; 11 grandchildren, Scott, Amber, Creston, Joshua, Brandon, Bettina, Emily, Kerri, Kevic, Keysha and Kaleb; and 21 great-grandchildren; and his special friend Elizabeth Sager.
A funeral service for Loren will be at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 23, 2016, at Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. A visitation will be from 5-7 p.m. on Friday, July 22, 2016, at the La Cygne Chapel. Burial will follow in Ninety Six Cemetery, east of La Cygne. The family suggests memorials to the Alzheimer’s Foundation in care of Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040.
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 James Patrick Souders, age 80, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018, at his home. He was born March 17, 1938, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Harley H. and Mabel (Duffels) Souders. Jim graduated in... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Curtis Allen Wayne Peters, age 27, Pleasanton, Kan., died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018. Visitation was held Tuesday evening, Sept. 18, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel followed by a... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 19, 2018 Larry D. Capehart, age 79 of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018, at his home under Hospice care after a long year of battling cancer. He was born Aug. 31, 1939, to George F. and Bertha A. Capehart in... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
Mark your calendars for Friday, Oct. 19. Mound City Library will be having a chili supper and chair auction to benefit Concern/Good Buys in Mound City. All money from both will go to Concern. The free-will donation chili supper will start at 4 p.m. Then at 5:30 p.m.... [More]
The organizers of the annual Parker Days celebration have added a new event for this year’s lineup – a smoke-off. The event is open to amateurs and requires a $50 entry fee which is nonrefundable. The entry fee must be paid by Sept. 26 by mailing... [More]
A defendant who spent approximately five years in jail following conviction of robbing the Bank of Kincaid on March 6, 2013, was again charged on two counts prior to the statute of limitations including aiding and abetting attempted aggravated battery of LEO (law... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
The Prairie View volleyball team traveled to Wellsville on Sept. 11 to play in a triangular against Wellsville and Burlington. The Buffalos started by playing Burlington. They lost in two sets to the Wildcats, 10-25 and 9-25. The team then faced Wellsville and played... [More]
It was a good night for football on Sept. 14 as Pleasanton hosted their rival Jayhawk-Linn for the first time in football for quite some time. The Jays and Hawks have not been able to play each other for a while due to Pleasanton being 8-man and Jayhawk 11-man. However,... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational