Loren LeRoy Miller, 77, of Raytown, Mo., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., died on Sunday, July 17, 2016, at Olathe Medical Center. Loren was born Oct. 13, 1938, in La Cygne to Grover Lorain “Bud” and Mary Enid (Morgan) Miller. He graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956.
Loren was a carpenter by trade and worked in construction building homes and businesses. He retired from Kansas University Medical Center where he worked for 16 years in the maintenance department. Loren was a member of the Carpenter’s Union and Lions Club International.
Loren enjoyed working on his farm and gardening. He especially enjoyed spending time with his kids and grandkids.
Loren was preceded in death by his parents; and a brother, Roland Hurst Miller.
Survivors include two sons, Kent Miller of Parker, Kan., and Kevin Miller and wife Vickie of Butler, Mo.; two daughters, Tamela Null and husband Robert of Louisburg, Kan., and Tonguie Bandel and husband Roger of Perry, Kan.; three brothers, Larry D. Miller, Phillip R. Miller and Francis L. Miller; two sisters, Loleta A. Steed and Elaine Elliott; 11 grandchildren, Scott, Amber, Creston, Joshua, Brandon, Bettina, Emily, Kerri, Kevic, Keysha and Kaleb; and 21 great-grandchildren; and his special friend Elizabeth Sager.
A funeral service for Loren will be at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 23, 2016, at Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. A visitation will be from 5-7 p.m. on Friday, July 22, 2016, at the La Cygne Chapel. Burial will follow in Ninety Six Cemetery, east of La Cygne. The family suggests memorials to the Alzheimer’s Foundation in care of Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040.
Linn County News Published March 20, 2019 William (Bill) Monroe Scott, 94, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, March 15, 2019, at his home near Mound City. Bill was born Dec. 20, 1924, to Leo Bertner and Elizabeth (Hahn) Scott at his home in rural... [More]
Linn County News Published March 20, 2019 Billy Paul Brown, age 71, most recently of Blue Mound, Kan., died Saturday, March 16, 2019, as the result of an accident. He was born at Fort Scott, Kan., on Oct. 14, 1947, the son of Rolla and Margie Black Brown. He graduated... [More]
Linn County News Published March 13, 2019 Daniel Eugene Johnston, 61, Lane, Kan., died March 9, 2019, at his home. Visitation will be from 6- 8 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2019, at Dengel & Son Mortuary, 605 O’Neal Ave., Osawatomie, Kan. Memorial service... [More]
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
It was with surprise that many people heard the initial word that District 2 Commissioner Vicki Leonard was retiring the end of April. She was the first woman elected to the seat of County Commissioner in Linn County and held the position from 2009 to the present. Leonard moved... [More]
MOUND CITY – Former Kansas City Fox 4 weatherman Mike Thompson, who now advocates for community groups trying to fight industrial wind farms, will bring the science and politics of massive wind turbine fields to light in a special presentation, Thursday,... [More]
PV FFA celebrating 50 years! The Prairie View FFA Boosters will host an evening of fun, food and entertainment on March 23 celebrating the 50th anniversary of Prairie View FFA. This social and fundraising event is open to the public and will include dinner,... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Three Rivers League released their All League teams, and multiple players from Pleasanton and Jayhawk made the girls’ and boys’ teams. The Lady Jays had four players make All League. Ella Sabine made the first team while Emma Sabine, Raygen... [More]
The Pioneer League released their All League teams recently and only one Buffalo from the boys’ or girls’ teams made All League. Grace Aust made All League second team. The women’s first team consisted of Jenna Schmit of Anderson County, Kirsten Young... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational