Linn County News
Published Nov. 7, 2018
Nadine Anne (Thurman) Wing, age 75, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Nov. 2, 2018, from colon cancer. Nadine was born Feb. 16, 1943, in Klamath Falls, Ore., the daughter of the late Betha Ellen Roberts Thurman and William Bryan Thurman.
Nadine is survived by her two daughters, Lisa and husband Carlyle Hystad of Battle Lake, Minn., and Kathy and husband Mark Groves of Wichita Falls, Texas; two granddaughters, Elizabeth Law and Leslie Groves; one grandson, William Law; two great grandsons, Karter Loftis and Zhadyn Anderson; special family Chuck Ousley, Fred Wolf and Jon Groves; two sisters, Irene and husband Jerry Klein, and Betty Steffens; two brothers, Bill Thurman and Kenneth Thurman and his wife Esther; sister-in-law Shelby Yvonne Thurman; and many loved nieces and nephews.
Nadine loved the Lord, and she loved playing the piano and singing. She was honored to be chosen Sunday School Teacher of the Year. She enjoyed friends and traveling to meet new people. She had the honor of being a part of the family at Schneider Funeral Home where she lived and worked for 18 years.
Nadine was preceded in death by her husband Vernon Wing; parents Bryan and Betha Thurman; and three brothers, Glendel, Etcyl Dale and AJ.
The family suggests donations to the Linn County Care to Share or to a church of your choosing. Nadine loved and had friends in many churches in many locations around the country.
Funeral service was held Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial was in the Greenlawn Cemetery, Rich Hill, Mo.
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Michael Alfred Kaiser, 77, of Centerville, Kan., died on Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, at The University of Kansas Hospital. Michael was born Nov. 21, 1940, in Peoria, Ill., to Alfred Asbury and Ruth Ann (Owens) Kaiser.... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Julia Ann “Peg” Brownback of Council Bluffs, Iowa, died on Oct. 27, 2018. She was born in Pleasanton, Kan., on July 20, 1932. She was preceded in death by husband Clarence E. Brownback. ... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Lionel Wheeler passed away Nov. 4, 2018, at his home in Linn Valley, Kan. He was 86 years old. Lionel was born in Hickman, Ky., on July 8, 1932, the son of Lionel and Clara Luton Wheeler. Services will be at White-Ranson... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
Date Change: The Mound City bell ringing is Sunday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. - not on Nov. 12 like listed in last week's paper. Meet at the memorial on the north side of the Courthouse for the 11 a.m. ceremony. All churches in the city will ring their bells at the same time.
A preliminary hearing for charges of aggravated robbery and aggravated battery filed against Joseph Flores in August of this year was held in Linn County District Court on Friday, Nov. 2. Linn County Attorney James Brun called Karysa Johnson to the stand,... [More]
Family members and friends of Leonard and Betty Fyock of Prescott have organized a benefit dinner with a silent auction to follow. The event it set for 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at City Hall in Prescott. Vegetable soup and chili are on the menu along... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
The 2018 cross country season is over and all three county schools saw success and improvement throughout the season. Jayhawk-Linn sent their entire girls’ team to State Meet while a couple of their boys’ runners just missed state. Prairie View sent Brooke... [More]
An arguably top-five Pleasanton 11-man all-time football campaign came to an abrupt halt last Friday at Olpe. The undefeated Eagles, third-ranked in Class 1-A, handed the Blu-Jays a 52-8 setback in a 1-A regional playoff game. For Dustin Johnson, head coach, the... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational