Linn County News
Published Dec. 5, 2018
Elton E. Fletcher, age 96, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Nov. 30, 2018, at the Galena Nursing Center. He was born in Mound City, Kan., on Aug. 2, 1922, the son of Ernest and Blanche Cvarfordt Fletcher.
He served his country in the United States Army during World War II. He worked as a steel fabricator for Greham Steel.
He was a Baptist by faith. He was a faithful attendee at all Pleasanton Blu-Jay activities.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Calvin; an infant daughter; a brother, Calvin; and a sister, Shirley Main.
Elton is survived by four sons, Dale Fletcher and Cindy, Wayne Fletcher and Shanna, Bob Fletcher and Rick Fletcher; two daughters, Phyllis Staton and Mike, and Doris Rupert and Larry; 13 grandchildren; and 20 great grandchildren.
Funeral service will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be in Mount Carmel Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 9:30 a.m. until service time.
The family suggests contributions to Care to Share. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published Dec. 5, 2018 Henry G. Bradley, age 70, Hume, Mo., passed away on Friday, Nov. 30, 2018, at the Olathe Medical Center. He was born on July 29, 1948, the son of Dale and Helen Kleitz Bradley. Henry proudly served his country in the United States Army. He... [More]
Linn County News Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018 Arlene Snow, age 92, Mound City, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018, at her home. She was born on Sept. 17, 1926, at Mound City, the daughter of Chester A. and Fallie DeMott Nickelson. She was united in marriage to Frank Wilford “Bill”... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 5, 2018 Margaret Ellen Rogers, age 95, of Cherryvale, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018, at Allen County Regional Hospital in Iola, Kan. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, at Kincaid Selma United Methodist... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
Christopher S. Casey appeared in Linn County District Court on Tuesday, Nov. 27, for sentencing in Case 2016-CR142, in which he was charged with criminal discharge of a firearm, aggravated battery, possession of a firearm while under the influence, possession... [More]
Aeneas T. Smith, Pleasanton, appeared in Linn County District Court on Tuesday, Nov. 27, for a no-go preliminary hearing in Case 2018-CR-176. Smith is charged with one count of indecent solicitation of a child; persuade child (over 14 but under 16) to a secluded... [More]
Following the pursuit that took place on Monday, Nov. 26, when Linn County sheriff’s deputies assisted Johnson County with a warrant execution in the Linn County Park and Marina, two of the four subjects pursued are currently incarcerated and one is still... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
Try as they might, a basketball team’s intra-squad practices can’t replicate an interscholastic game. For that reason, Marc Ballinger, Prairie View first-year head coach, welcomes this week’s three games in four nights at the Linn County... [More]
The Jayhawk wrestling team traveled to Caney Valley on Dec. 1 to compete in the KanOkla tournament. The Hawks only took two wrestlers to this very challenging tournament in Corbin and Brody White. Both White brothers performed well as the Hawks placed 15th out of 19... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational