Linn County News
Published July 19, 2017
Arnold L. Ayers, age 52, of Blue Mound, Kan., passed away at his home on July 15, 2017. Arnold was born Nov. 6, 1964, in Garnett, Kan., the son of Jerilyn (Ginther) and Roger Ayers.
He is survived by father Roger Ayers of Blue Mound; mother and stepfather Jerilyn and Tom Cannon of Iola, Kan.; a brother, Terry of Blue Mound; sister Melissa Cannon-Smith and husband Kent of Prairie Village, Kan.; nieces Diana Throckmorton and husband Tyler of Lee’s Summit, Mo., Julia Ayers of La Harpe, Kan., and Stella Cannon-Smith of Prairie Village; and many aunts and uncles.
Arnold attended elementary schools in Blue Mound and Iola; he graduated from Sylvan-Grove High School in 1983, where he played football. Arnold was self-employed. He enjoyed fishing and hunting. He also enjoyed his cats.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 22, 2017, at the Curry Cemetery in Mound City, Kan. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published July 12, 2017 Darwyn Eugene Weaver, age 80, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, July 5, 2017, at his home. He was born on Dec. 7, 1936, at Idana, Kan., the son of Charles and Julia Lynch Weaver. He worked as a drafting engineer in the construction... [More]
Linn County News Published July 12, 2017 Patricia Susan Wallace, age 57, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Sunday, July 2, 2017, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. She was born in Freemont, Neb., on Nov. 24, 1959, the daughter of Ethridge and Betty (Roach) Karns. Pat graduated... [More]
Linn County News Published July 12, 2017 Jimmie Charles “Jim” Shrum, 84, of Hidden Valley Lakes, died early Wednesday, July 5, 2017. Jim was born April 16, 1933, in Denver, Colo., to Calvin James and Fern Lula (Greenfield) Shrum. His father was an actor in western... [More]
During a discussion on the city of Pleasanton’s budget for 2018 at the council meeting on July 17, City Administrator Erica Kern stated that the mill levy for 2018 will be increasing by 1.712 mills. Kern noted that there are several large expenditures the city is looking... [More]
During a discussion on the county budget at the Linn County Commissioners meeting on Monday, July 17, County Clerk David Lamb stated that the mill levy for 2018 will be decreasing by approximately 2.439 mills. Lamb noted that he had made several adjustments for things he knows... [More]
The presiding district court judge has ordered the state’s attorney to provide additional discovery by Aug. 1 to the defense team of Keaton Michael Alan Krell. James Brun, Linn County attorney, said he would follow up on four requests for further facts requested by Sara... [More]
- Pleasanton blood drive to benefit local patients July 3
- Sumter sentenced in shaken baby case
- Jennifer Jo (Stevens) Shaw 01-29-1979 to 03-17-2017
- Sumter pleads guilty to child abuse charges
- Breaking News: Weis, Kleidosty arrested on charges of failure to report child abuse
- La Cygne voices construction damage agreement City also to seek downtown alley-meter bids
- La Cygne City Council acts on personnel items
- Misunderstanding tables AMR\Linn Valley ambulance agreement
A grandfather who has lots of grandkids can put them to a great advantage if he loves to fish for catfish. That’s because you need lots of bait for trotlines and limb-lines, and small sunfish are just about the best bait you can get. And kids love to catch ‘em. My... [More]
It was another busy week of tournaments for Linn County baseball teams as the Pleasanton and Blue Mound coach pitch teams first had their tournament at Moran from July 11-13. The tournament was a nine-team double elimination one, and Blue Mound entered the tournament with an... [More]
- Mound City, Pleasanton are winners in this past weekend’s baseball tournaments
- KSHSAA classification changes coming in 2018-2019
- Pleasanton golf hosts home invitational; all 3 county schools compete
- Allen medals for the Buffalos at State
- JV volleyball participates in MVHS tournament
- Catching summer panfish
- Pokemon GO going wild at Kansas state parks
- Pleasanton golf hosts varsity invitational