Linn County News
Published May 2, 2018
Donald Eugene “Don” Wagner, age 84, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Friday, April 27, 2018, at his home. He was born at Beloit, Kan., the son of Hamer and Velma English Wagner. He graduated from Simpson High School.
Don proudly served his country in the United States Army from April of 1953 until January of 1956.
He married DeAnna Melton on May 26, 1957, at Asherville, Kan. They moved to the La Cygne area when Don became the ranch manager at the Tri-B Ranch. He later worked as a foreman for List and Clark constructing power plants.
Don was a member of the La Cygne Christian Church, the V.F.W. and the Laborers Union Local No. 1290. He served on the Board of Education for Prairie View USD No. 362 and the La Cygne Planning Commission.
Don enjoyed fishing, car racing and cattle. However, his love was his wife Dee and their entire family.
He was preceded in death by a son-in-law, Greg Haupt; a brother, Duane; and an infant brother, Anthony.
Don is survived by his wife Dee; a son, Dean Wagner and Patti; three daughters, Kelly Haupt, Julie Hutchison, and Michaela Darling and Adam; eight grandchildren, Brooke and husband David, Kristin and husband Ty, Lauren and husband Colin, Chad and wife Allie, Kyle and wife Michelle, Drew and wife Brittany, Lark and husband Josh, and Brityn; and 10 great grandchildren, Quinn, Carter, Piper, Barrett, Truman, Maddox, Cora, Dax, Wyatt and Laikyn.
A celebration of life will be held 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 2, 2018, at the La Cygne Christian Church. Visitation will follow the service until 8 p.m.
The family suggests contributions to Vitas Hospice or La Cygne Christian Church, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel.
Linn County News Published May 2, 2018 Thomas Saviano, age 61, of Linn Valley, Kan., passed away on Sunday, April 22, 2018. No services are currently planned. Arrangements by Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel.
Known as Dee, she was born in Ridgeway, Mo., April 28, 1938, to Dorothy and Jasper Simpson. They moved to California then back to Kansas City, Kan., in 1942 when her father took a position with North American Aviation. Her father retired from the Kansas City Kansas Board... [More]
Linn County News Published April 18, 2018 Danny Thies, age 61, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, at his home. A prayer service was held Friday evening, April 13, 2018. Burial was held privately in the Queen of the Holy Rosary Cemetery. The family suggests... [More]
- Elizabeth W. Kopper 11-21-1919 to 05-06-2018
- Pansy Staton 02-03-1934 to 05-10-2018
- Kevin Lee Dale 03-03-1960 to 05-06-2018
- Glenn Allen Riley 05-31-1936 to 05-05-2018
- Betty M. Ray 05-28-1924 to 05-02-2018
- Paul Francis Kurtz 08-07-1930 to 12-28-2016
- Shirley Ann White
- Loren LeRoy Miller 10-13-1938 to 07-17-2016
Pleasanton Elementary Principal Dave Thomas announced Monday night at the USD 344 Board of Education meeting that fifth and sixth grades will begin a new compartmentalized school model in the 2018-2019 academic year. To see the full article, check out this week's edition of... [More]
A business - which began with a room full of dissenting neighbors when they were present to hear a conditional use permit issued to Kevin Luetjen dated April 18, 2016 to operate a rock quarry/logging and mulching operation at Snowhill Rock of Pleasanton - lasted a year before... [More]
Bob Guilfoyle and Craig Wilbert, representatives of Craw-Kan Telephone Cooperative, appeared before the Pleasanton City Council at their meeting on Monday, May 7, to brief the city on their upcoming fiber optic installation project in Pleasanton. Wilbert told the council the... [More]
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
- Linn Valley – patrolling U.S. 69 nets high percentage of drug arrests
- SD 362 considers appeal of La Cygne zoning-change denial
- La Cygne to seek bids for sewer CCTV scope
- Seamless start for PES first day
The Jayhawk golf team hosted their home golf invitational on April 26 at Sugar Valley golf course. The Hawks continue to have a great season and won their home tournament with a score of 356. The Hawks were followed by Southern Lyon County, 372, Burlington, 392, West Franklin,... [More]
The Pleasanton baseball and softball teams continued to grow as a team and as a program this past week as they faced league foes Crest and Chetopa. Both the baseball and softball teams traveled to Crest on April 23 to face the Lancers. The boys split against Crest, winning the... [More]
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational
- Jayhawk golf places 1st in tournaments in West Franklin, Osawatomie
- Pitch count basics contribute to Buff routs
- Mound City, Pleasanton are winners in this past weekend’s baseball tournaments
- KSHSAA classification changes coming in 2018-2019