I happened to catch myself getting low the other day concerning President Donald Trump – then it dawned on me that is exactly what the national news media are trying to do. It’s similar to what wind and water did to the Grand Canyon, chipping away year after year until there was a humongous canyon, now one of our national parks.
The news media are trying to chip away at the base of America and make them think things aren’t going well for the conservative right. A report by a Canadian reporter, Joan Swirsky with the Canada Free Press – imagine that, we get a comprehensive list of what Trump has done from a foreign newspaper – outlines many of the accomplishments our president has done in the first year of his presidency. I’ve put a few in from the report.
“In contrast to Breitbart writer John Nolte’s description of Obama’s ‘anti-growth policies and anti-free market rhetoric,’ President Trump, he says, has taken ‘complete ownership of the American economy’ including:
– The enactment of the massive tax cuts and jobs-creation law which eliminates the Obamacare mandate and provides ‘incentives for corporations to repatriate trillions stashed overseas to avoid America’s unnecessarily high tax rates’ and consumers to have greater choice in healthcare options.
– A Latino unemployment rate that has hit a record low in the 45-year history of government tracking.
– A black unemployment rate hitting a 17-year low – after nearly two decades of double-digit unemployment.
– An unexpectedly high growth rate of 3.3 percent in the third quarter of 2017 … with projections for the fourth quarter edging into the magic number of 4 percent.
– The unemployment rate hitting a 17-year low, the lowest since 2000.
– Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a seven year high.
– Lowest gas prices in more than 12 years.
– A boom in manufacturing jobs, with 171,000 having been created under President Trump, in stark contrast to the 16,000 manufacturing jobs lost in the poseur president’s final year, and the manufacturing unemployment rate just 2.6 percent, the lowest in history.
– In addition, a booming stock market, with a gain of more than $4 trillion in wealth, the DOW over 24,000, and for the first time ever, rising 5,000 points in one year, and the S&P and NASDAQ setting all-time highs.
– A decrease in the U.S. debt by $101-billion dollars! (In his first five months, the poseur ‘president’ Barack Obama increased the U.S. debt by $771-billion dollars).
The report hits a few points concerning domestic policy as well. According to David Prentice of The American Thinker, ‘We’ve experienced a miracle in our day that a lot of us thought we might never see again.’
– President Trump is destroying MS 13, and other illegal immigrant gangs.
– He has reset an agenda for space exploration by NASA.
– Exposed the national media for the leftist activism base it is.
– Exposed the Democratic Party as corrupt, issueless and powerless.
– Exposed the fecklessness and fraud of the GOP.
– Exposed the deep state to public view.
– Exposed the corruption of our bureaucracies by the Obama administration.
In addition the president has:
– Rolled back the roadblocks to coal mining, which cost the industry $81 million a year.
– Ended the ban on oil drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), opening up more than a million acres to oil exploration, which will create an unprecedented job boom and total energy independence for the U.S.
– Approved the Dakota Access Pipeline project and the construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada, which are expected to create more than 42,000 jobs and $2 billion in earnings.
– Rejected the Paris Climate Accords, which perpetuated the hoax of global warming, saving the U.S. billions in money-extorting regulations.
– On immigration, submitted to Congress a 70-point proposal that calls for increased border security, enforcement of immigration laws, funding of ‘the wall’ on our southern border, removing illegal aliens in ‘sanctuary cities,’ and ending extended-family chain migration, et al.
– Deported thousands of illegal aliens.
– Appointed Constitution-abiding Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.”
This is by no means a comprehensive list of the accomplishments that President Trump has made – according to the national media he hasn’t done anything, but apparently if we read foreign newspapers, we’ll get to see what our United States president has actually done.
My enlightenment toward the tearing down of my perceptions toward our president casts a new perspective on what I watch and how I process. I, again, need to build up my reserve and guard toward national news and not let it move me from an open, conservative stance – the left is grasping for straws or Weight Watchers meals. Their darling, Obama, is being found out day by day, as is the FBI and other agencies bent on destroying Trump and our nation.
America, stand together; don’t let the media do to us what rain and wind have done to the Grand Canyon.
Linn County News publisher
Third time is the charm rn Things come in threes – death, samples at Sam’s Club and learning the hard way. And, apparently, I’m a slow learner. rn My learning curve relates to contracts and how I’ve been bamboozled by them; I’ll take credit... [More]
The majority of people living in the United States have no dealings with the court on the criminal side, but when they do there are certain phrases that come into play that are important rulings for how law enforcement and attorneys deal with those accused. The ruling... [More]
Chris Seagren and his attorneys, Robb Edmonds and Burton Harding, appeared in Linn County District Court on Thursday morning, Jan. 4, on a motion to dismiss charges filed by Edmonds on Seagren’s behalf. The hearing began with Judge Terri L. Johnson of the 6th... [More]
WINNESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa – A Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) investigation has led to the arrest of a former Linn County sheriff’s deputy. On Thursday, Jan. 4, at approximately 1:30 p.m., David Allen Huggins, 45, of La Cygne was arrested with the assistance... [More]
- SD 362 considers appeal of La Cygne zoning-change denial
- La Cygne to seek bids for sewer CCTV scope
- Seamless start for PES first day
- Flooded Miami County Fairgrounds under restoration
- Pleasanton blood drive to benefit local patients July 3
- Sumter sentenced in shaken baby case
- Jennifer Jo (Stevens) Shaw 01-29-1979 to 03-17-2017
- Sumter pleads guilty to child abuse charges
The Jayhawk basketball teams traveled to Oswego on Jan. 5 for a league contest. The Hawks had no troubles with the Indians as the girls and the boys won both games big. The girls won their game 53-32 while the boys won their game 70-19. The girls continue to win by good play... [More]
The Prairie View basketball team hosted a non-league contest against the Frontenac Raiders on the evening of Jan. 5. The Buffalos just got off big losses to Baldwin and were hoping to play better against the Raiders. Both teams did play better against Frontenac, but at the... [More]
- Mound City, Pleasanton are winners in this past weekend’s baseball tournaments
- KSHSAA classification changes coming in 2018-2019
- Pleasanton golf hosts home invitational; all 3 county schools compete
- Allen medals for the Buffalos at State
- JV volleyball participates in MVHS tournament
- Catching summer panfish
- Pokemon GO going wild at Kansas state parks
- Pleasanton golf hosts varsity invitational