Cole Austin Fortman, age 34, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, April 22, 2016, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. He was born on Feb. 15, 1982, at Kansas City, Kan., the son of Benjamin and Melanie Ross Fortman.
He graduated from Pleasanton High School. He worked for Conley Sales, in the construction industry, and was most recently employed by Wes’ Recycling. Cole was recently united in marriage to Nikki Meyer. He enjoyed all things outdoors. These included hunting, fishing, flying drones and spending time with his family.
He was preceded in death by his father. He is survived by his wife, Nikki; son Brylan Fortman; daughter Hailei Fortman; mother, Melanie Quinn; brothers Justin Fortman and wife, Julie and Jimmie Quinn Jr.; a sister Stacy Lloyd and husband, Kyle; nieces; nephews; extended family and friends.
Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 27, 2016, at the Pleasanton First Baptist Church. Burial in the Pleasanton Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to the Cole Fortman Memorial Fund. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published May 24, 2017 Carolyn J. Thompson of Lake Quivira, Kan., passed away on Saturday, May 20, 2017, at the Fort Scott Manor. She was born Sept. 5, 1920, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Clifford and Laura Alexander Addison. For many years she worked... [More]
Linn County News Published May 17, 2017 Shirley Marie Bruner Ball of Garnett, Kan., was born Aug. 9, 1941, on the family farm near Xenia, Kan., and passed away peacefully on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, at the age of 75. She was the seventh of 10 children born to Walter Eberlee... [More]
Linn County News Published May 10, 2017 William Lawrence “Larry” Blair, former long-time Linn County Agricultural Extension agent, passed away with family attending, April 8, 2017. He had been residing in Pratt, Kan. He was 86 years old. Larry was born to Lonnie Earl... [More]
County Attorney James Brun updated the County Commissioners Monday that Victim Coordinator Stephanie Kinsley was no longer employed at the Linn County Attorney’s Office, and he was in need of a replacement as well as another employee to oversee the diversion program. He... [More]
In observance of Memorial Day, the Linn County News office will be closed Monday, May 29. Deadlines for all submissions, editorial, advertising or other, for the May 31 edition will be Friday, May 26 by 3 p.m.
Prairie View Unified School District 362 has accepted the retirement of Timothy Weis. As per an agreement discussed during a 15-minute executive session for personnel, the board approved the move at a special meeting May 17. The agreement, to be made public, was not yet available... [More]
- Jennifer Jo (Stevens) Shaw 01-29-1979 to 03-17-2017
- Sumter pleads guilty to child abuse charges
- Breaking News: Weis, Kleidosty arrested on charges of failure to report child abuse
- La Cygne voices construction damage agreement City also to seek downtown alley-meter bids
- La Cygne City Council acts on personnel items
- Misunderstanding tables AMR\Linn Valley ambulance agreement
- Linn County Park road renamed in honor of Bruce Holt
- Pleasanton Airport to receive funding under Kansas Airport Improvement Project
The Jayhawk golf team traveled to the 3A State Tournament at Independence Country Club on May 22. The Hawks qualified as a team by placing second at Erie on May 15 and hoped to continue that success at the State Tournament. However, the State Tournament has very good competition... [More]
Pleasanton’s Lucas Keeler competed in the 2A State Golf Tournament at Golf Club at Southwind in Garden City on May 22. Keeler was the only golfer the Blu-Jays qualified for state and tied for 61st at the tournament. There were 87 total golfers at the event and Grant Herrenbruck... [More]
- Pleasanton golf hosts home invitational; all 3 county schools compete
- Allen medals for the Buffalos at State
- JV volleyball participates in MVHS tournament
- Catching summer panfish
- Pokemon GO going wild at Kansas state parks
- Pleasanton golf hosts varsity invitational
- Hard hitting, stingy pitching again key to Lady Buffalo sweep
- Sixth-inning comeback secures Buff sweep over Archie