Elizabeth Ann Howell, age 75, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Friday, April 29, 2016, at her home. She was born on June 12, 1940, at Seminary, Miss., the daughter of Hascal and Mary Bucklew Sellers.
She worked in accounting in the banking industry.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Jerry and Harold Sellers; and a sister, Kathy Adams.
She is survived by her son, Bruce Gregory Howell; daughter Laura Locklear; brother David Sellers; sister Pam Sellers; and several grand, great- and great-great-grandchildren.
A potluck dinner will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 5, 2016, at the Labette Bank, La Cygne, to celebrate the life of Elizabeth.
Contributions are suggested to the Truth Church of Linn Valley.
Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Linn County News Published Aug. 23, 2017 Clifford Johnson, age 88, Drexel, Mo., passed away on Monday, Aug.14, 2017, at North Point in Paola, Kan. Funeral service was held Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory La Cygne Chapel. Burial was in the... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 23, 2017 Anna Marie Smith, age 73, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Aug. 13, 2017. A private family funeral service was held. Interment was in the Prescott Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to Linn County Care to Share. Online... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 23, 2017 Leonard “Paul” Lewis, Jr., 60, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Aug. 15, 2017, at home after battling metastatic colon cancer. He was cremated. Memorial service was Aug. 19 at the First Baptist Church, Pleasanton. Private... [More]
Linn County gazers of Monday’s Great American Eclipse never experienced totality, as did watchers 70 miles to the north. Still, the total solar eclipse was the closest to Linn County since one passed on a northeastward arc from Wichita through Kansas City on June 18, 1806,... [More]
David McNabb appeared in court on Monday, Aug. 21, with his attorney, Edward Battitori, in front of 6th Judicial District Judge Mark Ward for the purpose of hearing multiple motions prior to the preliminary hearing, which is set for Sept. 5 and 6 in which McNabb is accused of... [More]
The Linn County Sheriff’s Department received word from the Miami County Sheriff’s Department early Tuesday, Aug. 22, that Robert Dean Schoenhals, 56, of Pleasanton, was killed early Tuesday morning after his car drove through flood waters and was swept into deep... [More]
- Pleasanton blood drive to benefit local patients July 3
- Sumter sentenced in shaken baby case
- Jennifer Jo (Stevens) Shaw 01-29-1979 to 03-17-2017
- Sumter pleads guilty to child abuse charges
- Breaking News: Weis, Kleidosty arrested on charges of failure to report child abuse
- La Cygne voices construction damage agreement City also to seek downtown alley-meter bids
- La Cygne City Council acts on personnel items
- Misunderstanding tables AMR\Linn Valley ambulance agreement
The high school fall sports season is upon us, and all three county schools are getting ready for football, volleyball and cross country seasons. It will be exciting to watch all the kids and all the teams this season, but several athletes should have big years barring injury... [More]
Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) held their annual fishing derby on the morning of Saturday, Aug. 12, at the Linn County Fair and Rodeo. There were over 30 kids present at the event and in one hour’s time they caught over 100 fish. There were three... [More]
- Mound City, Pleasanton are winners in this past weekend’s baseball tournaments
- KSHSAA classification changes coming in 2018-2019
- Pleasanton golf hosts home invitational; all 3 county schools compete
- Allen medals for the Buffalos at State
- JV volleyball participates in MVHS tournament
- Catching summer panfish
- Pokemon GO going wild at Kansas state parks
- Pleasanton golf hosts varsity invitational