Linn County News
Published Feb. 6, 2019
Elmer Jack Adamson, age 76, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Friday, Feb. 1, 2019, at St. Francis Hospital, Wichita, Kan. Jack was born Dec. 19, 1942, in Fort Scott, the son of Paul King Adamson Sr. and Edna Ellen Deeds Adamson.
He graduated from Uniontown High School with the class of 1960. He married Mary Alice Henderson on Jan. 11, 1964, in Miami, Okla.
Jack worked for Frisco and then Burlington Northern Railroad for over 35 years. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and farming. He loved spending time with his family.
Survivors include his wife Mary of the home; a son, Doug Adamson and wife Carol, Fort Scott; a daughter, Melissa Davis and husband Ron, Butler, Mo.; two sisters, Marilyn Harrington, Paola, and Beatrice Alt, Fort Scott; three grandchildren, Joshua Adamson and wife Stacey, Ashley Adamson, and Ethan Clark and wife Amanda; one great grandson, Kasen Clark; three step grandchildren, Terri Manley, Cody Davis and Ronna Davis; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Rev. Chuck Russell conducted funeral services Monday, Feb. 4, at the Cheney Witt Chapel. Burial followed in the Centerville Cemetery, Devon, Kan.
Memorials are suggested to Care to Share and may be left in care of the Cheney Witt Chapel, PO Box 347, 201 S. Main, Fort Scott, KS 66701.
Words of remembrance may be submitted to the online guestbook at cheneywitt.com.
Linn County News Published Feb. 20, 2019 Carol Jeanne Zimmerman, age 84 of Olathe, Kan., died Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, at her home. Carol was born April 16, 1934, in Blackwell, Okla. She was the fifth of seven children born to Holly and Anna Pauline (Becker)... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 13, 2019 Verl Ray Jones, born on March 22, 1929, in Pleasanton, Kan., passed away at the age of 89 on Oct. 22, 2018, in Lakewood, Colo. Verl is survived by his wife, Linda Jones; former wife, Shirley Leisure Jones; daughters... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 13, 2019 Romalea Miller, age 90, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. She was born on Aug. 17, 1928, in Miami County, Kan., the daughter of Glenn and Alice Mills Good.... [More]
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
Concerned Citizens of Linn County held an informational meeting on Feb. 2 at the Centerville Community Center. Over 50 Linn County citizens and landowners joined opponents of a German-owned company’s planned wind farm development on this day to discuss the impact... [More]
Choices include semester-long English, auto tech Prairie View High juniors and seniors will have additional course options beginning next school year. As approved by the Unified School District 362 board of education at their monthly meeting Monday,... [More]
A Mound City man, Dennis J. Gentry, age 64, was fatally injured at 1:25 p.m. last Tuesday, Feb. 5, on U.S. Highway 169 near 355th Street in Miami County when, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol crash log, his 2002 Chevy Silverado was southbound on... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Jayhawk and Prairie View JV wrestling teams competed at the Burlington JV Invitational on Feb. 9. This was a very large tournament with 32 teams, and the tournament was divided into brackets according to weight class with four to five wrestlers in each bracket.... [More]
The Buffalo wrestling team competed in the Pioneer League tournament at Burlington on Feb. 9. The tournament was originally scheduled for Feb. 7 at Iola, but bad weather had the tournament rescheduled and relocated. The Buffalos placed fourth with... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational