Linn County News
Published Jan. 9, 2019
Judy Elizabeth Hopkins, age 73, of Prescott, Kan., passed away at her home on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. Judy was born on Oct. 31, 1945, in Kansas City, Mo., the daughter of Harry A. and Elizabeth H. Dozier Grigsby.
Judy married Robert Dale Hopkins in February 1981 at Morris Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kan.
She enjoyed knitting, doing puzzles and traveling to the casino to play the slot machines.
Judy was preceded in death by her parents and eight siblings.
She is survived by her husband; four sons, Bobby Hopkins and Kenny, Ronnie and Leslie Foster; two daughters, Tammy Foster and Billie Jo Robinson; two brothers, Robert and Harry Grigsby; two sisters, Ruth Anderson and Dorothy Runion; 20 grandchildren; and six great grandchildren with one more on the way.
There will be a private family burial at a later date.
The family suggests contributions to Disabled American Veterans or American Cancer Society; they may be sent in care of Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, KS 66075. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published June 12, 2019 Ona Katherine “Katy” Holmes was born on April 5, 1934, to Marion and Anna Callahan in Deepwater, Mo. She and her twin sister, Ola May, were eight and nine of 10 children. Katy married Robert “Bob”... [More]
Linn County News Published June 5, 2019 Maxine Y. Johnson, age 77, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, May 31, 2019, at The Residencies at Pleasanton. She was born on Sept. 5, 1941, in Fort Scott, Kan., the daughter of William Corwin and Josephine McGlathery... [More]
Linn County News Published June 5, 2019 Marvin Lee Teeter of Enid, Okla., passed away on May 24, 2019, surrounded by his loving family. Marvin was born on March 30, 1942, in Blue Mound, Kan., to Lewis and Ester (Scott) Teeter. Marvin married the love of his life,... [More]
- Paula Felix McClintock 03-10-1958 to 06-20-2019
- Bryan Lee Callahan 09-05-1957 to 03-18-2019
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
La Cygne’s City Council has given the green light for pursuing the next steps toward a wastewater system rehabilitation/replacement project. A meeting of city representatives and their contracted engineering firm with the United States Department of Agriculture... [More]
The County Commissioners held a long meeting Monday morning that dealt mainly with department budgets and approving a resolution to allow the architect to proceed with bidding for the Linn County Law Enforcement and Judicial Center. Budgets began with Sheriff Paul... [More]
Carrying a stack of previous Linn County Law Enforcement and Judicial Center and Government Administration Center drawings for new District 2 Commissioner Danny McCullough, Goldberg Group Architects (GGA) president Larry Goldberg said he’d blocked... [More]
- Francis Dean Pratt 07-01-1929 to 06-19-2019
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Isabel Marie Read 10-07-1917 to 06-17-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
The All State baseball and softball teams as chosen by the coaches have recently come out and three local players have made the teams. Senior Gavin Cullor of Prairie View made the All State second team as an outfielder. Cullor also made Pioneer All League... [More]
The summer baseball and softball leagues in Linn County are in full swing and soon the end of the season tournaments will begin. This article will tell when these tournaments are, where they are at, and who could compete in them, although... [More]
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational