Linn County News
Published Nov. 7, 2018
Julia Ann “Peg” Brownback of Council Bluffs, Iowa, died on Oct. 27, 2018. She was born in Pleasanton, Kan., on July 20, 1932.
She was preceded in death by husband Clarence E. Brownback.
She is survived by sons Robert “Rob” Brownback (Diane) and Paul Brownback (Perrianne); and grandchildren Joseph Brownback (Alyssa), Samuel Brownback (Kylee) and Noel Brownback.
The family received friends on Tuesday, Oct. 30, at the West Center Chapel, Omaha, Neb. Private interment was at Evergreen Memorial Park in Omaha.
Memorials go to Alzheimer’s Association. Arrangements by Heafey Hoffmann Dworak Cutler, 7805 W. Center Rd., Omaha, NE 68124, 402-391-3900, www.heafeyheafey.com.
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Michael Alfred Kaiser, 77, of Centerville, Kan., died on Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, at The University of Kansas Hospital. Michael was born Nov. 21, 1940, in Peoria, Ill., to Alfred Asbury and Ruth Ann (Owens) Kaiser.... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Lionel Wheeler passed away Nov. 4, 2018, at his home in Linn Valley, Kan. He was 86 years old. Lionel was born in Hickman, Ky., on July 8, 1932, the son of Lionel and Clara Luton Wheeler. Services will be at White-Ranson... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 7, 2018 Nadine Anne (Thurman) Wing, age 75, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Nov. 2, 2018, from colon cancer. Nadine was born Feb. 16, 1943, in Klamath Falls, Ore., the daughter of the late Betha Ellen Roberts Thurman... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Kelly James Brown 11-19-1982 to 07-18-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
Date Change: The Mound City bell ringing is Sunday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. - not on Nov. 12 like listed in last week's paper. Meet at the memorial on the north side of the Courthouse for the 11 a.m. ceremony. All churches in the city will ring their bells at the same time.
A preliminary hearing for charges of aggravated robbery and aggravated battery filed against Joseph Flores in August of this year was held in Linn County District Court on Friday, Nov. 2. Linn County Attorney James Brun called Karysa Johnson to the stand,... [More]
Family members and friends of Leonard and Betty Fyock of Prescott have organized a benefit dinner with a silent auction to follow. The event it set for 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at City Hall in Prescott. Vegetable soup and chili are on the menu along... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
The 2018 cross country season is over and all three county schools saw success and improvement throughout the season. Jayhawk-Linn sent their entire girls’ team to State Meet while a couple of their boys’ runners just missed state. Prairie View sent Brooke... [More]
An arguably top-five Pleasanton 11-man all-time football campaign came to an abrupt halt last Friday at Olpe. The undefeated Eagles, third-ranked in Class 1-A, handed the Blu-Jays a 52-8 setback in a 1-A regional playoff game. For Dustin Johnson, head coach, the... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational