Linn County News
Published July 25, 2018
Kelly James Brown, age 35, Linn Valley, Kan., died Wednesday, July 18, 2018. He was born in Atchison, Kan., on Nov. 19, 1982, the son of James and Shirley Schuneman Brown.
He worked as a tire technician for Pumps. He was married to Amanda Fuller. Kelly enjoyed fishing, going to the casinos and loved spending time with his family.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Shirley; his paternal grandfather, John Brown; and maternal grandparents, Willis and Marjorie O’Roke Shuneman.
He is survived by his wife, Amanda Brown; daughter Raelyn Brown; his father, James Brown; three stepdaughters, Breanna, Trentity and Kelsey Fuller-Epting; and two brothers, Jason and Brandon Brown.
A private family service will be held later. The family suggests contributions to the Raelyn Brown Memorial Fund, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Spencer Ross Burris, 74, of Blue Mound, passed away on October 15, 2018 at his home. Arrangements are pending. Services are under the direction of Schneider Funeral Homes and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Linn County News Published Oct. 17, 2018 Cleda Fern Murray, 88, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, at her home. She was born Nov. 17, 1929, at Pleasanton, the daughter of Walter and Annabell Ralph Umphenour. Cleda Fern graduated from Pleasanton... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 17, 2018 Steven Lynn “Pappa” Catron, age 64, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, at St. Luke’s on the Plaza. He was born on May 1, 1954, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Carl Gene and Opal Venita... [More]
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
- Charley Aaron Wisdom 06-26-1943 to 05-30-2018
- Edmond Glenn Arnold 10-10-1919 to 05-30-2018
- Betty Dean 12-27-1927 to 05-31-2018
- William J. “Doc” Justus 07-05-1929 to 05-29-2018
With the sales tax question to finance the proposed Linn County Law Enforcement Center project on the ballot, the County Commissioners at their Monday meeting discussed that they are open to suggestions on where to locate the Linn County Health Department. The commissioners... [More]
Holiday fir to honor late Christmas decorator Parker is reaching fruition on a memorial Christmas tree for Heritage Park. The wait for new business district sidewalks, however, may continue. That was the consensus of its city council at last Thursday’s... [More]
The city of Mound City is sponsoring an informational meeting to educate the public on the Nov. 6 ballot issue concerning the vote for a sales tax to pay for the proposed Linn County Law Enforcement Center project. Mayor Mat Casner said the meeting is informational... [More]
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
- Going to the dogs: Rescue organization focuses on bigger picture
BY TONY FURSE LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@yahoo.com Couple Friday night’s 46-0 Pleasanton loss at St. Mary’s-Colgan with Yates Center’s 7-6 home slopfest win against Uniontown. What results is a must-win game for the Blu-Jays at 2-6 Yates... [More]
Yes, Prairie View junior Brooke Allen finished fifth at last Thursday’s Pioneer League cross country meet in a tune-up for this Saturday’s Class 3-A regional run. But it was her little sister and two other sixth-grade girls who may have provided the biggest... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational