Linn County News
Published July 25, 2018
Kelly James Brown, age 35, Linn Valley, Kan., died Wednesday, July 18, 2018. He was born in Atchison, Kan., on Nov. 19, 1982, the son of James and Shirley Schuneman Brown.
He worked as a tire technician for Pumps. He was married to Amanda Fuller. Kelly enjoyed fishing, going to the casinos and loved spending time with his family.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Shirley; his paternal grandfather, John Brown; and maternal grandparents, Willis and Marjorie O’Roke Shuneman.
He is survived by his wife, Amanda Brown; daughter Raelyn Brown; his father, James Brown; three stepdaughters, Breanna, Trentity and Kelsey Fuller-Epting; and two brothers, Jason and Brandon Brown.
A private family service will be held later. The family suggests contributions to the Raelyn Brown Memorial Fund, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published April 24, 2019 Roy D. Boner, age 79, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Tuesday, April 16, at Medicalodges of Nevada, Mo. He was born on April 1, 1940, at Spokane, Wash. Roy served four years in the United States Marines. He had several... [More]
Linn County News Published April 17, 2019 Nancy Lee Canarsky, age 71, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Monday, April 8, 2019, at Life Care Center of Osawatomie. She was born in Kansas City, Kan., on Dec. 8, 1947, the daughter of Albert and Peggy Whitworth Tibbetts. She... [More]
Linn County News Published April 17, 2019 Guy Alan "Guy Baby" Turner, 65, of Linn Valley, Kan., formerly of Orrick and Excelsior Springs, Mo., passed away April 5, 2019, near Excelsior Springs. Guy was born on Feb. 17, 1954, in Excelsior Springs to Gary D. Turner... [More]
- Bryan Lee Callahan 09-05-1957 to 03-18-2019
- Mary Alice “Peggy” Garst 06-20-1925 to 01-18-2019
- Jane Elizabeth Downing 04-29-1947 to 01-01-2019
- Virginia Ruth Mitchell 04-29-1930 to 12-10-2018
- Daniel Ernest Hall 04-29-1973 to 09-08-2018
- Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler 04-01-1915 to 07-05-2018
- Aline Fairchild 07-23-1916 to 06-01-2018
- Jack M. Jeserick 06-16-1930 to 05-28-2018
SAFE AND SOUND Over the years keeping loved ones at home with the aid of a personal care attendant becomes increasingly appealing to family members, versus having them put in a facility; however, there are inherent risks. Any time you invite a stranger into your home, you... [More]
No more knocking on doors During the Pleasanton City Council meeting on Monday, April 15, City Administrator Erica Kern asked for the council’s guidance on how best to proceed with water lock-offs, noting that the policy reads that if the bill is not... [More]
Residency requirement discussed prior to ordinance approval Parker’s City Council passed a new cereal malt beverage license ordinance last Thursday, but not before discovering its new stipulation. Drafted by Richard M. Fisher Jr., city attorney, Ordinance... [More]
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
- Week at a Glance
- Sheriff supplying discs, cuts off CA access to server
- La Cygne mayor seeks U.S. Minerals appearance
- USD 362 board approves technology purchases
- Mound City holds open house
- Council action allows La Cygne sewer CCTV to proceed
The Buffalos competed in the Pleasanton Invitational on April 9 and did quite well as both the boys’ and girls’ teams won the meet. The boys’ team won the meet with 154 points while the girls’ team won the meet with 169 points. A complete list... [More]
The Jayhawk track teams traveled to Pleasanton on April 9 to compete in the Pleasanton Invitational. The Hawks did well as the boys placed fifth with a score of 68, and the girls placed fourth with a score of 71. All team placings are in the Pleasanton team... [More]
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet
- Prairie View golf hosts Prairie View Invitational
- Jayhawk baseball sweeps Pleasanton
- Pleasanton boys, girls win JV Iola Invitational