Linn County News
Published July 3, 2019
Rosalie Rebecca (Priest) Rowe of Iola, Kan., went to be with the Lord on Monday, July 1, 2019. Rosalie departed this world peacefully at home surrounded by her husband and her sons. Rosalie was born in Lawrence, Kan., on Jan. 15, 1935, to Samuel Franklin Priest and Jessie Olive (Edmonds) Priest. Rosalie grew up and attended school in Blue Mound, Kan.
On Jan. 27, 1952, Rosalie married Jerry Rowe in Ozark, Ark.
Rosalie was a stay-at-home mom most of her life. Rosalie and Jerry raised their four boys on a farm between Blue Mound and Mound City, Kan. Rosalie enjoyed camping and was involved for many years in the Kansas Old Time Fiddlers and Pickers, serving as president for two years. Rosalie always said the most important part of her life was living on the farm with her loving husband and raising her four boys.
Rosalie was preceded in death by her parents, Samuel Franklin and Jessie Olive Priest.
Rosalie is survived by her husband, Jerry, of 67 years; her four sons, Ricky Rowe and his wife Lori of Lowery City, Mo., Ken Rowe of Iola, Patrick Rowe and his wife Rhodenia of Iola, and John Rowe and his wife Anita of Mound City; and her eight grandchildren and seven great grandchildren.
Memorial services were scheduled at 11 a.m. Monday, July 8, at Feuerborn Family Funeral Service, 1883 U.S. Highway 54, Iola, with graveside service following at the Blue Mound Cemetery, Blue Mound.
The family was scheduled to greet friends at 10 a.m. Monday, July 8, at Feuerborn Family Funeral Service, Iola.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to the Kappa Alpha Sorority and can be left with Feuerborn Family Funeral Service.
Ruby Violet Brenneman, age 81, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, at her home. She was born on June 29, 1938, in La Cygne the daughter of John D. and Violet May Anderson Holman. She graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956. ... [More]
Dwayne Charles Beckford was born July 20, 1949, in Riverside, Calif., to Andrew Beckford and Lucille Hillman Beckford. His father's military career took the family to many locations before finally settling in Mapleton, Kan. He graduated from Blue Mound High School in 1967... [More]
James Walter Meech, age 62, passed away Monday, Sept. 2, 2019, with his wife, kids and close friends near, on his farm home near Fort Scott, Kan., after a battle with Gliosarcoma brain cancer. Jim was born April 18, 1957, in Fort Scott, the son of Dennis Walter and Estella... [More]
- Otis Clyde Lile 05-04-1937 to 10-13-2019
- Kenneth Dale Roberts 05-08-1956 to 10-09-2019
- Anna Mae Tipton 05-07-1936 to 05-07-2019
- Mary E. Holmes 09-23-1949 to 10-04-2019
- Gary Queen 11-03-1931 to 09-30-2019
- Angilee L. Dennis 09-29-1931 to 09-26-2019
- Doris Ann Prike 10-15-1935 to 09-08-2019
- John Gary Ballou 02-04-1947 to 09-18-2019
The annual Linn County Senior Resource Fair is set for Friday, Oct. 18, at the First Baptist Church of Mound City located at the intersection of Kansas Highway 52 and Paine Road. Hosted by the East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging (ECKAAA), the event begins at 9 a.m.... [More]
National Life Chain Sunday 2019 – a peaceful and prayerful pro-life witness – was held on sidewalks throughout America and Canada on Sunday afternoon, Oct. 6. Over 1,590 communities participated in the annual event this year. Additional Life Chains are scheduled... [More]
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
- Attempted abduction reported on fairgrounds
Hunter Boone scored the game’s first four touchdowns, propelling undefeated Prairie View to a 41-27 Homecoming win over Girard Friday night. The victory sets up this Friday’s 7 p.m. home meeting with Anderson County. Like the Buffalos, Anderson County is 3-0 in... [More]
It was senior night as the Pleasanton volleyball team hosted a triangular against league foes Altoona Midway and St. Paul on Oct. 8. The Lady Jays started the night playing Altoona Midway. Pleasanton had played Altoona earlier this season on Sept. 21 and won that game in two... [More]
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track
- Pleasanton track hosts Three Rivers League meet