Linn County News
Published June 6, 2018
Aline Lucille Daniel Fairchild, 101, of Tulsa, Okla., formerly of Blue Mound, Mound City and Fort Scott, Kan., passed away at Aberdeen Memory Care in Tulsa, Okla., on Friday, June 1, 2018.
Born in Dallas, S.D., on July 23, 1916, the daughter of Earl Samuel Daniel and Alice Ann Guthrie Daniel, she graduated from Blue Mound High School in 1933.
Aline married Francis Edwin Fairchild on May 19, 1935.
Aline was owner and funeral director at the Daniel Funeral Home in Blue Mound and the Fairchild Funeral Home in Mound City. She was a member of the Asbury United Methodist Church in Tulsa, as well as a member of the Order of Eastern Star for 82 years holding the rank of Worthy Matron.
Aline was preceded in death by her husband Francis (Ed) Fairchild in 2002; mother Alice Ann Guthrie Daniel in 1972; father Earl Samuel Daniel in 1951; sister Edith Marjorie Hedges in 1981; two brothers, Howard Guthrie Daniel in 1944 and John Edwin Daniel in 1953; grandson Brian Gordon in 2005; and son-in-law John T. Gordon in 2014.
Aline is survived by one son, Daniel E. Fairchild (Tammy), of Tulsa; one daughter, Karen Gordon, of Silverdale, Wash.; four grandchildren, Kimberly Lankie (Sean), Jeremy Fairchild (Kimberly), Amy Gordon and Adam Merillat (Katie); six great grandchildren; two nephews, Dick Hedges (Jan) and Tom Hedges; and one niece, Donna Lehmann (Wilford).
A graveside service will be held at the U. S. National Cemetery in Fort Scott at 11 a.m. Monday, June 11.
Memorial contributions can be made to the Federated Church of Blue Mound in care of the funeral home. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Neta Lee Leonard, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. She was born on July 2, 1952, at Lincoln, Kan., the daughter of Dee and Delores Hall Montgomery. Neta was a nurse over the years. She enjoyed doing genealogy,... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 George Herbert Eaton, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021. He was born on April 18, 1938, in El Reno, Okla. He graduated from El Reno High School and attended Johnson County Community College obtaining certification... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
The sweet smell and feel of a hometown feed store was apparent at the new location of Miller Feed & Farm inside of Stainbrook’s Auto, Farm & Home in La Cygne. Shoppers who need feed for their dogs and cats, goats, horses, cattle and more will find a large selection... [More]
There are some people that seem like they’ve always lived in a community, and Cary and Debbie Coffey are two of those people. But, they’ve only been in Pleasanton since June 2016, and now they’re headed to Virginia in June 2022. “A year ago, the Lord... [More]
An almost six-month process of grant writing, planning and now construction is providing the Pleasanton Lincoln Library a new telehealth room for both job seekers and those wishing to visit with their doctor via computer. Pleasanton Librarian Wendy Morlan said that the grant... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The 2021 high school football season has concluded, and the three Linn County high school football teams had multiple players make their respective All League football teams. The Prairie View Buffalos had multiple players on this year’s All-Pioneer League team. Colton... [More]
The 2021 volleyball season has concluded, and so it is time for the Linn County News’ All County Volleyball teams. All the girls on the Prairie View, Jayhawk and Pleasanton volleyball teams played their best, but some players stood out in their excellence. These All County... [More]
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com