The Pleasanton basketball teams hosted their Midseason Tournament this past week as six teams competed: Pleasanton, Jayhawk, Osawatomie, Oswego, Northeast (Topeka) and Heritage Christian.
The Jays started on Jan. 17 against Jayhawk. The girls won their game 47-17 while the boys lost their game 48-24.
In the girls’ game the Lady Jays pitched a shutout in the first quarter and led 11-0. Pleasanton expanded their lead in the second quarter and led at halftime, 25-5.
Jayhawk had their best quarter in the third, but Pleasanton still had a 37-15 lead. The Lady Jays ended up winning the game by 30, 47-17.
Prairie View’s boys’ and girls’ basketball teams traveled to Uniontown this past week to compete in the Kenny Holt Memorial Tournament. The tournament featured four teams, Uniontown, Prairie View, Kansas City Christian (KCC) and Altoona Midway. Both the boys’... [More]
The Jayhawk basketball teams traveled to Pleasanton this past week to compete in Pleasanton’s Midseason Tournament. The Hawks’ first game in the tournament was on Jan . 17 against the host team Pleasanton. The girls fell to the Lady Jays, 47-17, but the boys won... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
Property involved is at Industrial Park La Cygne has annexed 12.5 acres of Linn County property. At their regular meeting last Wednesday, Jan. 19, the city’s council voted 4-0, with Thomas Capp not present, to adopt Ordinance No. 1498 that makes the Industrial... [More]
Question comes with recusal of council member on wife’s contract The first meeting of the year was held On Jan. 3 with three Pleasanton council members present: Joe Whitaker, Jake Mattingley and Melanie Staton. As recorded in notes from that meeting in the Jan.... [More]
Defendant may be on 160 acres, but no driving A Parker man charged with the second-degree vehicular murder of his mother will be allowed to access a 160-acre contiguous square residential plot in Franklin County as part of a bond condition. At a state’s motion... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
STARS, which stands for Southeast Technical Academy for Rural Students, is working toward their goal of opening for the 2022-2023 academic year. “STARS is a dream that actually started seven or eight years ago,” explained USD 344 Superintendent Travis Laver. “It... [More]
At the December meeting of the Jayhawk USD 346 board of education Curt Toll, Hawk Project leader and interventionist for USD 346, spoke to the board about the project and the difference it is making for students at the high school level in the district. In a subsequent interview,... [More]
Jayhawk USD 346 adopted a research-based social-emotional learning program in 2020 called 7 Mindsets Academy, which is currently under the direction of Denise Umphenour, elementary school counselor, who has been implementing it once per month since they purchased it. “This... [More]