Linn County News
Published May 11, 2022
Rosamay Dixon, age 79, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Monday May 9, 2022. She was born in Kansas City, Kan., on Dec. 9, 1942, the daughter of Robert Lee Miller and Myra Edith Sawyers. She worked in customer service in the retail sector and later owned Dixon’s Dari Kurl and Angel’s Tavern along with her husband, Gene Dixon, who preceded her on June 11, 2019. Rosamay was an avid collector of anything to do with owls. She is survived by step-children, David Dixon, Melinda Nutt (Greg), Emily Dixon and Vicky Swain; twelve step-grandchildren; and eleven step-great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held 6 p.m. Monday, May 16, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation will be held from 5 p.m. to service time. Rosamay will be laid to rest in the Pleasanton Cemetery. Contributions are suggested to the Shriner’s Children Hospital, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, Kan. 66075. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published May 11, 2022 Dale L. Castleberry 89 of Garnett, Kan., died April 30, 2022, at St. Luke’s Hospital. Services were May 5-6 at Eddy-Birchard Funeral home in Osawatomie. Burial at Osawatomie Cemetery.
Linn County News Published May 4, 2022 Ian Craig Ginther, age 36, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Tuesday, April 26, 2022. He was born March 1, 1986, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Fred Ginther and Kimberly McGee. He was preceded in death by his paternal grandmother,... [More]
Linn County News Published April 27, 2022 Thomas Leslie Boyles, age 58, Foster, Mo., passed away Tuesday, April 19, 2022. Graveside service was held Friday, April 22, at the Salem Cemetery, Foster. Memorial contributions are suggested to the Bates... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
The Prescott City Council opened their special meeting for Monday, May 16 with the Pledge of Allegiance. Ron Roberts was unable to attend. Jesse Willard introduced Lamont Cook, Bruce Bird, and Michael Hammond from Mid-America Healthcare Management Company (HMC) so they could... [More]
After requesting that KwiKom Communications and Peoples Telecommunications sharpen their pencils and get the best bid back to the county for fiber optic cable installation, both bidders showed up Monday and learned the commissioners will decide the program in three weeks. Peoples... [More]
Hoping to get a decision for a permanent location for the Pleasanton Senior Meals program, K-State nutrition assistant Melanie Grote spoke to the commissioners Monday. She said in the four years she’s been in the position, she’s seen the Pleasanton meals program... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View track team hosted the Pioneer League track meet on May 12. If you have been keeping up with Prairie View track this season you would know that the girls’ team is very good always placing top three and more often than not winning the meet. In this meet,... [More]
The Pleasanton track team competed in the Three Rivers League meet at Uniontown on May 12. The Jays did well as the boys team placed second with a score of 117 points and the girls placed third with a score of 79 points. Isaiah Bates won three different events for the... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com