Linn County News
Published May 27, 2020
Leslie Dell "L.D." Murray, age 93, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Monday, May 25, 2020. He was born on Oct. 12, 1926, in Farlinville, Kan., the son of Charles and Susie West Murray. He graduated from Mound City High School.
L.D. proudly served his country in the United States Merchant Marines and the Army.
He was united in marriage to Alberta New on Sept. 21, 1946. She preceded him in death on May 17, 2010.
He was a member of the Pleasanton United Methodist Church.
He was also preceded in death by two brothers, Marvin and LaVerne Murray; two sisters, June O’Rourke and Julia Dunavan; and a granddaughter, Micaela Nicole Murray.
L.D. is survived by a son, Kirby Murray and wife Karen; a daughter, Leslie Klopfenstein and husband John; a sister, Helen Bruce; five grandchildren; and four great grandchildren and one on the way.
Private family graveside service will be held at the Trading Post Cemetery. Individual respects and condolences can be made from 12-5 p.m. Wednesday, May 27, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to St. Jude Children's Hospital, c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, KS 66075. Online condolences can be made at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Doris Louise (Dresker) Phillips 10-03-1922 to 05-15-2020
- Diane Jackson 02-13-1954 to 05-12-2020
- John Russell Baucom 09-04-1953 to 04-24-2020
- Harriet E. Stanley 12-27-1947 to 05-08-2020
- Nancy Doreen Brindle 02-26-1954 to 04-21-2020
- Jason Walker “Jake” McCullough 06-25-1975 to 05-03-2020
- Mary Sue Kepner Fountain 05-26-1934 to 04-18-2020
- Richard Paul “Chick” Clarrey 12-01-1957 to 04-27-2020
Holding a special meeting Thursday, May 21, the County Commissioners discussed the Linn County Justice Center and the cost the construction management team River City Construction came up with after receiving electrical bids. After a large increase in electrical bids, the commissioners... [More]
The County Commission and the Local Health Officer of Linn County, Kan., were recently the defendants in a Federal Lawsuit initiated by two Linn County residents and the Kansas Justice Institute, a law firm heavily involved in seeking out publicity through taking on high... [More]
Allen resigns Public Health Officer position By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Following the lockdown of Linn County earlier in March due to COVID-19 and subsequent orders to continue the stay-at-home orders by the governor and local authorities... [More]
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
It is prime fishing time so let’s look at the KDWPT fishing reports for Linn County. La Cygne Reservoir Currently channel, blue and flathead catfishing is good at La Cygne. The fish are being caught on sunfish, cut shad, worms, prepared baits and livers.... [More]
The Lady Jays had a rough season last year and only won a couple of games. They were also eliminated in the first round of their regional tournament. However, this season the girls were hoping to make some improvements to put them in a better spot, but they did not get... [More]
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club takes 10 wrestlers to State
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round