The Prescott City Council opened their special meeting for Monday, May 16 with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ron Roberts was unable to attend.
Jesse Willard introduced Lamont Cook, Bruce Bird, and Michael Hammond from Mid-America Healthcare Management Company (HMC) so they could discuss how they may be able to help get the Prescott Nursing Home up and running again.
Willard and the team expressed appreciation for the council members to go out of their way to have this special meeting.
After requesting that KwiKom Communications and Peoples Telecommunications sharpen their pencils and get the best bid back to the county for fiber optic cable installation, both bidders showed up Monday and learned the commissioners will decide the program in three weeks. Peoples... [More]
Hoping to get a decision for a permanent location for the Pleasanton Senior Meals program, K-State nutrition assistant Melanie Grote spoke to the commissioners Monday. She said in the four years she’s been in the position, she’s seen the Pleasanton meals program... [More]
Local filmmaker and entrepreneur Sue Vicory learned last Friday that she and her crew had been nominated for two Emmy awards for their work on the San Diego Film Awards, which aired on KPBS2 on May 14, 2021. “We actually received two nominations for the production,”... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View track team hosted the Pioneer League track meet on May 12. If you have been keeping up with Prairie View track this season you would know that the girls’ team is very good always placing top three and more often than not winning the meet. In this meet,... [More]
The Pleasanton track team competed in the Three Rivers League meet at Uniontown on May 12. The Jays did well as the boys team placed second with a score of 117 points and the girls placed third with a score of 79 points. Isaiah Bates won three different events for the... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
Stalking and harassment can happen between strangers or in relationships, where the abusive partner or ex demands your time even after you make it clear you do not want contact. The Merriam Webster online dictionary defines stalking as the act or crime of willfully and... [More]
As we learned in the last installment of this series, domestic violence and abuse go beyond the normal scope that one first imagines when you hear the term but it goes beyond the physical scope as well and often begins with an emotional rollercoaster that becomes an ingrained... [More]
On March 20 Indiana Bishop Doug Sparks set out on a walk that would take him through four states over the course of the next 43 days before finally arriving at his destination on May 1. As part of his posting with the diocese in Indiana, Spark was given a three month sabbatical... [More]