Linn County News
Published Nov. 18, 2020
Bobby Ray "Bob" Thomas, age 86, of Centerville, Kan., passed away at his home on Nov. 10, 2020. Bobby was born the son of John William and Beatrice Hill Thomas in Byron, Okla., on May 18, 1934. He married Mary Catherine Holgerson on May 3, 1953, in Newkirk, Okla. To this union five children were born. Bobby worked for Fleming Company in Wichita and Austin, Texas, as a manager, retiring after 27 years. He and Mary were able to purchase two Dairy Queen franchises after leaving Fleming, one in Austin and one in Dell Valley, Texas.
Bobby's passion was flying; he and Mary traveled to the San Juan Islands, Catalina Islands, Mexico, Canada and all over the United States. In his downtime, he was a cattle farmer.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Billy Thomas; and a grandson, Robert Thomas. Bobby is survived by his wife, Mary, of 67 years; two sons, Ron Thomas and Bryan Thomas; three daughters, Constance Johnson, Patricia Fluke and Pamela Bohm; and 11 grandchildren.
There are no services scheduled at this time. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Larry Sumners, age 68, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Monday, Aug. 1, 2022, at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Laurence A. Sumners was born on Aug. 16, 1953, at McPherson,... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 It is with great sadness to announce the passing of Michael Ekkehard Reinsch, a beloved brother, father, uncle and grandfather. Michael passed away on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at Augusta University Medical Center. Michael... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Rosetta May Beard, age 99, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022. Graveside funeral service will be 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 8, at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, La Cygne, Kan. Memorial contributions are suggested... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Following the governor’s recent approval of legislation created to show when taxing entities are increasing mill levies, additional costs to taxpayers are coming to the forefront, despite some holding taxes to the same level using revenue neutral rates. Kansaspolicy.org... [More]
Following opening statements at Monday’s Pleasanton City Council meeting, public speaker Mike Higgins took the podium and told the council that he was talking to former Olive’s Hope building owner Brandon McGinnis concerning the sale of the building to a family that... [More]
Two of the county departments geared toward public safety are now under new direction. Missy Lancaster took over the Linn County Health Department as well as the position of Public Health Officer in November of last year and has made a few changes to the department since... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
Linn County has a new competitive softball team, Total Effect Softball, which will be based out of Mound City. Jayhawk-Linn head softball coach Kris Holt started the team and will be the head coach of Total Effect. Holt had multiple reasons on why he wanted to start a competitive... [More]
Fishing has slowed down since the last reports on June 27, but fish are still being caught and can be even better in the coming weeks with some cooler weather and more rain. All the reports were last updated on July 18. La Cygne Lake Catfish, largemouth and crappie are the... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org