Linn County News
Published Feb. 7, 2018
Charles D. “Buck” Jones, age 81, retired Case-New Holland welder, passed away Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018.
Visitation with family will be 5-7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, 2018. Memorial services are 10 a.m. Saturday. Both are at Meridian Avenue Baptist Church, Wichita.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Wilma; parents William and Ruby (Dingus) Jones; brother Darrell Jones; and sister Wilma Neal.
Survivors are his children, Larry (Ann) Jones of Peabody, Kan., Kenneth (Michele) Jones of Portage, Ind., Vicki (Steve) Weathers of Bel Aire, Kan., Brenda Scott of Mulvane, Kan., Steven (Sherry) Jones of Valley Center, Kan., and Kimberly (Tony) Baldwin of Wichita; sisters Elaine (Delbert) Yokum and Rene Jones, all of Wichita, and Loree Long of Mound City, Kan.; and 18 grandchildren, 26 great grandchildren and two great, great grandchildren.
Webb-Shinkle Mortuary, Clearwater, Kan., www.wsmortuary.com.
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 Cecil L. Fish, 89, Ottawa, Kan., and former longtime Labette County resident, passed away Thursday, April 8, 2021, at his home. Cecil was born the third child to Cecil Paige and Edna (Nickoley) Fish on Dec. 7, 1931, in... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 William Michael McMillan, age 60, of St. Joseph, Mo., passed away on Thursday, April 8, 2021. He was born on Aug. 24, 1960, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of William McMillan and Virginia Russell McMillan. He... [More]
Linn County News Published April 14, 2021 Vivian Lucile Bright, age 93, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Thursday, April 8, 2021. She was born in La Cygne, Kan., on April 4, 1928, the daughter of Raymond and Leona Dodge Vail. Vivian graduated from... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
The Mound City Council met by phone for a special meeting on Tuesday afternoon, April 6, for the purpose of determining whether or not to reopen the discussions on the sale of the city lake. During the course of that meeting, the council voted to go forward with the discussions... [More]
Customers are spared a billing shock La Cygne natural gas customers will not feel the burden of a high February supplier invoice. The unanimous decision by its council followed a 15-minute executive session for legal attorney-client privilege at its regular meeting... [More]
New possibilities discussed Linn County Fire Chief Doug Barlet reported to the Linn County Commissioners on Monday, April 12, that he had discussed their request for possible changes to the burn ban policy, and the board had voted 7-0 to make no changes; however, they... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
Prairie View got contributions from many sources in their April 6 softball doubleheader sweep of Iola. Wins of 10-3 and 18-8 over the Fillies raised the Lady Buffalos’ Pioneer League record to 4-0, 5-0 overall, to begin this week. The team will host a non-league twinbill... [More]
The Jayhawk JV golf team did well last week. On April 5 they traveled to Erie and on April 6 they went to Fort Scott for a tournament hosted by Uniontown. In the Erie tournament they only brought three golfers so they could not place as a team, but at the Uniontown tournament... [More]
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming