Linn County News
Published July 28, 2021
Colleen Gregory, age 90 of Amsterdam, Mo., died Friday, July 16, 2021, in Parker, Kan. She was born Feb. 7, 1931, to Leroy Samuel and Gracie Blanche Atkins Crouse in Kansas City, Mo.
Colleen, one of four children, grew up in Kansas City where she attended Frances Willard Elementary School and graduated from Paseo High School in 1948. She furthered her education in taking secretarial classes. On Nov. 12, 1948, Colleen was united in marriage to JB Gregory and to this union, four children were born. Her work experience included Katz Drug Store in Kansas City, Mo., followed by Bass Busters, Citizen’s Bank and Virgil Ward Enterprises, all in Amsterdam, Mo. She belonged to the Amsterdam Methodist Church, Amsterdam Lady’s Club and Elks Club Auxiliary.
Colleen loved all things Kansas City – from the theater and zoo to fountains, the Plaza, Swope Park and Jack’s Stack to name a few! She also enjoyed reading, puzzles, traveling, boating, bowling and dancing.
Colleen is survived by two sons, Guy Gregory and Jay Gregory both of Amsterdam, Missouri; two daughters, Linda “Pinky” Haverfield and husband Charlie of Parker, Kan., and Nina “Snookie” LaFollette and husband Charley of Amsterdam, Mo.; and 10 grandchildren, great- and great-great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, JB Gregory; two brothers, Paul Rood and Larry Crouse; and one sister, Donna Essenpreis.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, July 22, 2021, at the Schowengerdt Funeral Chapel (660-679-6555) in Butler, Mo. Visitation prior to services from 12 to 1 p.m. at the Schowengerdt Chapel. Burial in Scott Cemetery, Amsterdam, Mo. Contributions to the Amsterdam Churches or Scott Cemetery. Online condolences www.schowengerdtchapel.com.
Linn County News Published November 30, 2022 Mildred Irene Brandt, age 83, of Miami, Okla., formerly of Parker, Kan., passed away Nov. 21, 2022, at Integris Hospital, Miami, Okla. Irene was born Aug. 6, 1939, in Kansas, the daughter of Otis and Josephine (Ingram) Diehm.... [More]
Linn County News Published November 23, 2022 Christina A. Creighton Turner, 84, passed away Nov. 19, 2022. She was born Dec. 8, 1937 in Centerville, Kan., to Eva Shafer and Roy Bowman. On Dec. 18, 1955, she married John Creighton; they had four children together before his... [More]
Linn County News Published November 16, 2022 Edgar Wayne Moon, age 82 of La Cygne, Kan., passed away at his home on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022. He was born the son of Chester and Evelyn (Van Liew) Moon on Aug. 14, 1940, in Lawrence, Kan. Edgar married Betty Talley on... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Request options be brought to next meeting During the meeting on Monday, Nov. 28, Linn County Commissioners heard from Landfill Manager Al Doan regarding multiple issues with the Solid Waste Department ranging from the current contract with Arcadia for hauling from... [More]
The Pleasanton City Council reviewed and approved a new trespass policy as provided by City Attorney Burton Harding during the Nov. 28 meeting. The policy sets out parameters for what is considered to be trespassing, as well as appropriate reactions. It notes specifically... [More]
Market Street is a proposed path between La Cygne coal, Wolf Creek nuclear plants Representatives from a Kansas City engineering firm last week presented plans for an Evergy underground conduit-cased fiber optics cable preliminarily proposed to run through La Cygne.... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The 2022 high school football season concluded and it is time for the annual All Linn County football team. The team is decided by stats and watching the boys play. I also try to make the number of boys between schools as even as I can. This season was tough in deciding as... [More]
Ten days prior to their Linn County state border counterparts (including Valentine’s Day opponent Pleasanton), Hume began another promising basketball season Nov. 22 with a split decision at Appleton City. The Lady Hornets outscored their hosts in the first three quarters,... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com