David Gordon Sweat, age 40, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016, at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center. He was born on April 3, 1975, at Kansas City, Kan., the son of Frank Crowder and Rebecca Sweat.
He graduated from Pleasanton High School in the Class of 1993. He served his country in the U.S. Army.
David was currently employed with the City of Pleasanton. However, he spent most of his working career as a paramedic.
He is survived by his parents, Frank Crowder and Rebecca Darnell; two sons Samuel Sweat and Dawson Sweat; three daughters Abagayle Sweat, Colleen Sweat and Nadia Sweat; three brothers Scott Darnell, Bobby Crowder and Brandon Crowder; and three sisters Jennifer Peterson, Melinda Crowder and Rebecca Crowder.
Funeral service was held Monday, Feb. 22, 2016, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel with burial in the Trading Post Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to the David Sweat Memorial. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published February 15, 2023 Gavonn Michaela Annette Elise Burk, age 24, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Sunday, Feb. 5, 2023, at Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, Kan. She was born on Jan. 5, 1999, in Olathe, Kan., the daughter of Jeff Burk... [More]
Linn County News Published February 8, 2023 Loyd Allen Brownback, age 77, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, Feb. 3, 2023, at the Kansas City Hospice House. He was born on Jan. 28, 1946, in Fort Scott, Kan., the son of Leo and Mable McRae Brownback. He... [More]
Linn County News Published February 8, 2022 Gene Linder passed away on Jan. 17, 2023. Born April 11, 1931, Gene lived life to the fullest for all his 91 years. Gene’s first legacy was that of husband to Virginia - devoted to each other for 70 years... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Linn County Fair Board member John Teagarden. LaCygne, was inducted into the Kansas Fairs & Festivals Association Hall of Fame at the 98th annual convention of the association January 28 in Topeka. The association, composed of county fair groups across Kansas,... [More]
A query from Commissioner Jim Johnson regarding two very different line items in the weekly claims presented at Monday morning’s meeting sparked what would become a heated discussion among the commissioners on everything from the line items to grants to the current hospital... [More]
In an effort to help first responders weed through health issues they may find when called to an emergency, Linn County Emergency Management Director Randy Hegwald and Deputy Linda Simons are working to get “red files” out to the public. Red files are available... [More]
- Commissioners receive report on 2022 valuations compliance
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
The Jayhawk basketball teams played Northeast Arma and St. Paul this past week. It was Senior/Parent Night for the Hawks on Jan. 31 as they hosted Northeast. The girls lost their game 30-61 while the boys won 37-32. The team traveled to St. Paul on Feb. 3 and the varsity teams... [More]
Senior Addison Bloodgood poured in 16 points in Prairie View’s 53-21 home win Jan. 31, the winning end of split Pioneer League decisions for the Lady Buffalos last week. Despite sophomore Kally Stroup scoring all six of the Lady Buffs’ first-quarter points at Santa... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org