Linn County News
Published March 11, 2015
Doris Louise Payne, 79, Pleasanton, Kan. passed away Friday, March 6, 2015. She was born June 28, 1935, at Olathe, Kan., the daughter of Alfred and Velma Chamberlin Powell. She graduated from Shawnee Mission High School.
She married John Payne. To this union, four children were born.
Doris later attended Fort Scott Community College and obtained LPN certification. She worked for most of her career at Prescott Country View. She was a member of the Pleasanton First Baptist Church and enjoyed gardening and crafting. However, her most enjoyable time was spent with her grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Steven Payne; and a grandson, Brandon Stevens.
She is survived by three daughters, Stacy Banta and husband Randy, Teddi Wisdom and husband Leroy, and Kim McCullough; two sisters, Janice Bartlett and husband Bill and Janet Crowel and husband Gary; fourteen grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, March 12, 2015, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be in the Pleasanton Cemetery. The family suggests contributions to Crossroads Hospice. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published Aug. 17, 2022 Dean Brown, age 91, a resident of Fulton, Kansas, passed away Wednesday, August 10, 2022, at the Olathe Medical Center in Olathe, Kan. He was born Oct. 7, 1930, in Uniontown, Kan., the son of Durward “Duke” Brown and Pearl... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 17, 2022 Arthur Carl Hetzke, age 91, Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Aug., 10, 2022. He was born on Aug. 5, 1931, in Newton, Kan., the son of Arthur and Elizabeth (Breck) Hetzke. He served his country in the United States Air Force... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 17, 2022 William John Adair, Sr., age 74, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 15, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Visitation will be held from... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Two of three rodeo horses were killed or had to be put down following an accident early Saturday morning. Undersheriff Bobby Johnson said that rodeo performer Donald Culpepper, Poulan, Ga., had made a make-shift electric fence for his horses at the Linn County Fairgrounds.... [More]
The city of Parker will be contacting Linn County about concrete surfacing assistance at an intersection that receives heavy truck traffic. At last Thursday’s monthly council meeting, Mayor Cody Adams responded to a patron complaint that asphalt surfacing at the intersection... [More]
Approves a change to the tax incentive program The Pleasanton City Council took several policies and policy changes under consideration at their Aug. 15 meeting. The first of these policies is the Neighborhood Culvert Replacement Program (NCRP) which would grant... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Linn County Farm Bureau Association hosted the annual pedal pull for kids age 4 to 12 at the Linn County fairgrounds on the evening of Aug. 12. Trophies were given to the top three pullers in each age group along with the opportunity to compete in the Kansas State Pedal... [More]
Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks fish biologist Don George once again assisted with hosting the annual fishing derby at the Linn County fairgrounds on the morning of Aug. 13. Like in the past, the derby was divided into three age groups, 4-7, 8-10, and 11-16. Awards... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org