Linn County News
Published Nov. 4, 2020
Dorothy Marie Erhart, age 81, of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Oct. 29, 2020, in Paola, Kan. Dorothy was born the daughter of Clarence A. “Buck” and Janetta Betty Mortimer Hays on Dec. 5, 1938. Over the years, Dorothy was a retailer manager for K-Mart and a bus driver for the mentally challenged. She was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church and very involved with the Order of the Eastern Star.
When her children were young, she spent her time as a Girl Scout and Boy Scout leader and softball coach. She was always available to help the elderly get to their doctor appointments. Dorothy also loved quilting, doing crafts and bird watching; she even had a doll hospital where she healed and mended injured dolls back to life.
Dorothy was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, Keith Hays; and two grandchildren, Kyle Paul and Janetta Marie. She is survived by one son, Rocky Bullock and wife Debra; two daughters, Rhonda Stevens and Dawn Curry; six grandchildren, Kevin Lee, Chancellor Scott, Tiffany Lynn, Todd James, Hannah Jayne and Trenton; four great grandchildren, Brec Green, Daniel Waggoner, Kaylinn Waggoner and Harper Kenna-Lei; and a great, great granddaughter, Raylynn Hobbs.
Funeral service was scheduled at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Visitation was to be from 5-7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Mask wearing was requested as well as social distancing. The family suggests contributions to the Calvary Baptist Church, which may be sent in care of Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum, Chehalis, Wash., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed March 5, 2023. Memorial service arrangements will be announced at a later date by the Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel. ... [More]
Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Lewis Michael Wilson, age 70, Pleasanton, Kan., formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed Sunday March 5, 2022. Memorial service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, March 16, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.... [More]
Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
Linn County News Published March 15, 2023 Janet Dean Robinson Staton, age 84, Cleveland, Mo., passed away Wednesday, March 8, 2023. Funeral service will be held 1 p.m. Monday, March 13, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton... [More]
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
- Louise Shattuck ~ 11-28-1933 to 03-06-2023
- Larry Ray Thompson ~ 03-30-1949 to 02-28-2023
- Harper Darleane Marie McCowin ~ 11-26-2022 to 02-24-2023
- Maribelle L. “Mary” Wiles ~ 03-27-1943 to 02-21-2023
- James Dean Allen ~ 08-10-1951 to 02-26-2023
- Janet Jolene Reed ~ 04-09-1963 to 02-20-2023
Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
During the tail-end discussion amongst commissioners at Monday’s meeting regarding wage increases, Commissioner Jason Hightower noted a plan presented by County Clerk David Lamb for a $1 per hour across the board raise rather than a percentage based raise, which some county... [More]
County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
Commissioner Danny McCullough opened a discussion on the Pleasanton Senior Meals site during the March 13 meeting with a slideshow of photos he had taken of various issues in the current site. The photos showed a variety of issues that McCullough said he took from the viewpoint... [More]
Parker leaders consider truck route
Parker city leaders may consider a future action to establish a legal truck route within the city. Tim Griffin, past councilman, broached the topic at last Thursday’s monthly council meeting in asking for a follow-up to his truck-route question from the January council... [More]
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
- USD 362 selects new leader
- Preliminary study on landfill completed
- SPECIAL: Republicans hold convention for appointment of county attorney
- Lawsuit resulting from sexual abuse by SRO is settled by county
- Commission endorses museum grant application
- Pleasanton discusses airport taxes, inter-local dispatching agreements
- COVID mRNA shots circulate at least 28 days after injection
Jayhawk Wrestling Club has five place at State
The Jayhawk Wrestling Club went to the kid’s State wrestling tournament this past weekend, March 10-12, in Topeka. The team did very well taking seven wrestlers and five placing in the competition. Maggie Earnest, 8U Girls 70, placed second and scored 20 team points.... [More]
Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
The Linn County Twisters wrestling team took 13 wrestlers to the kid’s State wrestling tournament in Topeka March 10-12. The Twisters had five of their 13 wrestlers place in the tournament. Taryn Mills, HS Girls 130, was eliminated after two matches in the tournament.... [More]
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
- SPECIAL: WE HAVE PHOTOS!
- Jayhawk wrestling wins TRL dual tournament
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org