Linn County News
Published Nov. 4, 2020
Dorothy Marie Erhart, age 81, of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Oct. 29, 2020, in Paola, Kan. Dorothy was born the daughter of Clarence A. “Buck” and Janetta Betty Mortimer Hays on Dec. 5, 1938. Over the years, Dorothy was a retailer manager for K-Mart and a bus driver for the mentally challenged. She was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church and very involved with the Order of the Eastern Star.
When her children were young, she spent her time as a Girl Scout and Boy Scout leader and softball coach. She was always available to help the elderly get to their doctor appointments. Dorothy also loved quilting, doing crafts and bird watching; she even had a doll hospital where she healed and mended injured dolls back to life.
Dorothy was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, Keith Hays; and two grandchildren, Kyle Paul and Janetta Marie. She is survived by one son, Rocky Bullock and wife Debra; two daughters, Rhonda Stevens and Dawn Curry; six grandchildren, Kevin Lee, Chancellor Scott, Tiffany Lynn, Todd James, Hannah Jayne and Trenton; four great grandchildren, Brec Green, Daniel Waggoner, Kaylinn Waggoner and Harper Kenna-Lei; and a great, great granddaughter, Raylynn Hobbs.
Funeral service was scheduled at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Visitation was to be from 5-7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Mask wearing was requested as well as social distancing. The family suggests contributions to the Calvary Baptist Church, which may be sent in care of Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Dec. 2, 2020 Rubie Mae Blackman Scott, age 91, Mound City, Kan., passed away Nov. 29, 2020. She was born Feb. 6, 1929, to Zenas Andrew and Sylvia Estilla Bruce Blackman in Pleasanton, Kan. She attended all 12 years of school in the Pleasanton schools,... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 2, 2020 Phyllis Lorraine Halverson Green, age 77, Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2020. She was born on March 22, 1943, in Marshalltown, Iowa, the daughter of Howard and Iva Kiser Halverson. She was united in marriage to Robert... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 2, 2020 Charles Edward Jones, 74, passed away Nov. 21, 2020. Visitation was Friday, Nov. 27, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home, Olathe, Kan. Private funeral service will be held. Burial will be in the Olathe Memorial Cemetery.... [More]
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
- Adelaide Helen Greene 10-22-1942 to 07-28-2020
Just a reminder that our offices are closed from 12 p.m. (Noon) today through the weekend. We will see you all on Monday morning, Nov. 30, at 8 a.m. Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Gov. Laura Kelly’s executive order 20-68 will require face-coverings to be worn inside public spaces, health care facilities, in line for public transportation and outdoors where social distancing is not possible. The mandate goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday,... [More]
The FBI continues to seek information regarding the 2004 suspicious death of Alonzo Brooks in La Cygne, Kansas. The investigation into this cold case was initiated in 2019 and a reward of up to $100,000 for information was announced at a press conference on June 11, 2020. ... [More]
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
The Jayhawk-Linn and Pleasanton football seasons are over and the annual Three Rivers All Teams are out. The Hawks and Jays had multiple members make the first team and honorable mention team. Jayhawk had Trace Compton make the first team offense at wide receiver while Cade... [More]
The season has ended for the Jayhawk and Pleasanton volleyball teams, and both teams had multiple players receive end of season honors on the Three Rivers All League teams. Jayhawk had three girls make All League this season, and the top honor went to Jenna Holt as she made... [More]
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming
- 2020 Linn County Fair and Rodeo queen candidates
- This week in baseball history: June 24-30
- Several local boys’ baseball players compete on USSSA Rage teams out of Garnett