Dorothy Rose Meek, 99, died Wednesday, March 23, 2016, at Victory Hills Senior Center, Kansas City, Kan., where she had resided since 2012. Dorothy was born to Charles and Florence McIntyre Kilpatrick on Nov. 16, 1916, at Provost, Alberta, Canada.
Her first husband was Robert Cameron with whom she had her son Richard. She met her second husband Marvin Meek while he was stationed in Canada during WWII. They were married almost 69 years when he died in September 2014.
After the war Dorothy and Marvin settled in Wichita, Kan., for about five years before moving to Horton, Kan. In 1959 the family moved to Kansas City, Kan., where they lived until they retired. During this period Dorothy was the neighborhood Avon Lady. She always enjoyed serving and visiting with her customers and neighbors. After retiring, they moved to Pleasanton, Kan., in 1981. They left Pleasanton in 1993 to live almost 20 years in Donna, Texas, returning to Kansas City, Kan., for their final years.
Dorothy is survived by sons Terry (Cathie) of Magnolia, Texas; Larry of Granbury, Texas; and Tom of Miami, Fla.; daughters Joanel (David) Bell and Mary (Andrew) Krum, both of Lake of the Forest, Kan.; and many grand and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; son Richard; brother Grant Kilpatrick; sisters Lillian Smith and Doris MacKenzie.
A memorial service will be held later this summer. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel.
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Anna Mae Carrel, 98, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Anna was born Nov. 4, 1924, in Mound City, Kan., to Fred M. and Mary C. (Hollister) Smith. She was united in... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Kathryn Elaine "Kathy" Newcome passed away Thursday Dec. 1, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial in the Richland Cemetery. Visitation will... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Linda S. Rios, age 63, of Mound City, Kan., passed away in Olathe, Kan., on Nov. 14, 2022. There are no services scheduled. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfuneral.com.
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Request options be brought to next meeting During the meeting on Monday, Nov. 28, Linn County Commissioners heard from Landfill Manager Al Doan regarding multiple issues with the Solid Waste Department ranging from the current contract with Arcadia for hauling from... [More]
The Pleasanton City Council reviewed and approved a new trespass policy as provided by City Attorney Burton Harding during the Nov. 28 meeting. The policy sets out parameters for what is considered to be trespassing, as well as appropriate reactions. It notes specifically... [More]
Market Street is a proposed path between La Cygne coal, Wolf Creek nuclear plants Representatives from a Kansas City engineering firm last week presented plans for an Evergy underground conduit-cased fiber optics cable preliminarily proposed to run through La Cygne.... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The 2022 high school football season concluded and it is time for the annual All Linn County football team. The team is decided by stats and watching the boys play. I also try to make the number of boys between schools as even as I can. This season was tough in deciding as... [More]
Ten days prior to their Linn County state border counterparts (including Valentine’s Day opponent Pleasanton), Hume began another promising basketball season Nov. 22 with a split decision at Appleton City. The Lady Hornets outscored their hosts in the first three quarters,... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com