Ernest LaVern Cox, 90, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015. He was born at La Cygne, Kan., March 26, 1925, the son of Byron and Mabel Crisler Cox. He graduated from Parker High School. He served his country during World War II in the United States Navy.
He married Dorothy Dunlop May 23, 1946. She preceded him in death Oct. 12, 2014. He worked as a farmer and a stockman and for the Kansas State Highway Department. He was a member of the Fontana Christian Church.
He was also preceded in death by two brothers, Lawrence LeRoy and Charles Franklin Cox; and one sister, Velma Eleanor Barnes.
He is survived by a son, Norman Cox and Diana; a daughter, Jalane Alexander and Thatcher; a sister, Frances Irene Rice; five grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
Funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 3, 2015 at the Fontana Christian Church. Burial will be in the Prairie Home Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory La Cygne Chapel. The family suggests contributions to the Fontana Christian Church. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Larry Sumners, age 68, of Centerville, Kan., passed away on Monday, Aug. 1, 2022, at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Laurence A. Sumners was born on Aug. 16, 1953, at McPherson,... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 It is with great sadness to announce the passing of Michael Ekkehard Reinsch, a beloved brother, father, uncle and grandfather. Michael passed away on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at Augusta University Medical Center. Michael... [More]
Linn County News Published Aug. 10, 2022 Rosetta May Beard, age 99, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022. Graveside funeral service will be 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 8, at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, La Cygne, Kan. Memorial contributions are suggested... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Following the governor’s recent approval of legislation created to show when taxing entities are increasing mill levies, additional costs to taxpayers are coming to the forefront, despite some holding taxes to the same level using revenue neutral rates. Kansaspolicy.org... [More]
Following opening statements at Monday’s Pleasanton City Council meeting, public speaker Mike Higgins took the podium and told the council that he was talking to former Olive’s Hope building owner Brandon McGinnis concerning the sale of the building to a family that... [More]
Two of the county departments geared toward public safety are now under new direction. Missy Lancaster took over the Linn County Health Department as well as the position of Public Health Officer in November of last year and has made a few changes to the department since... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
Linn County has a new competitive softball team, Total Effect Softball, which will be based out of Mound City. Jayhawk-Linn head softball coach Kris Holt started the team and will be the head coach of Total Effect. Holt had multiple reasons on why he wanted to start a competitive... [More]
Fishing has slowed down since the last reports on June 27, but fish are still being caught and can be even better in the coming weeks with some cooler weather and more rain. All the reports were last updated on July 18. La Cygne Lake Catfish, largemouth and crappie are the... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org