Francis Dean Pratt
07-01-1929 to 06-19-2019
Linn County News
Published June 26, 2019
Francis Dean Pratt, age 89, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, at his daughter's home in Seneca, Mo. He was born in Wanette, Okla., the son of William David and Jennie Belle Sellers Pratt. He graduated from Bronson High School in the Class of 1947.
He proudly served his country in the United States Army during the Korean War.
Dean and Euleta Hillman were united in marriage on Oct. 15, 1950, at the Bronson United Methodist Church. She preceded him in death on May 1, 2004.
Dean had a very strong work ethic. He delivered the Kansas City Star for many years and worked as a custodian at the Linn County Courthouse before retiring.
He and wife Euleta joined the Mound City United Methodist Church in 1956. He was also a member of the American Legion Hewitt-New Post 248 and enjoyed gardening and watching birds.
He was the last surviving sibling of five. He was also preceded in death by his parents and siblings William O. and Alton A. Pratt, Jessie Pauline Albright and Wanda Mae Felton.
Dean is survived by two daughters, Dianne Keating and husband Patrick, and Brenda Burleson and husband Don; five grandchildren, Jeff, Dean and Ryan Keating, Jill Nation and Travis Burleson; and 12 great grandchildren.
Funeral service was scheduled at 11 a.m. Monday, June 24, 2019, at the Mound City United Methodist Church with burial at 12:30 p.m. at Fort Scott National Cemetery. Visitation was scheduled from 5-7 p.m. Sunday, June 23, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to the Mound City United Methodist Church. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Oct. 11, 2023 Our dear father, Victor Gene Clark, passed away at his home in Mound City, Kan., on Monday, Oct. 2, 2023. Vic was 85 years old. Vic was born in Medicine Lodge, Kan., on Aug. 23, 1938, to parents Mary Jane (Sharp)... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 11, 2023 On the afternoon of May 28, 2023, LaVerne C. Nelson (nee Smith), with her steadfast daughter Renee’ by her side, succumbed to the ravages of dementia just a few weeks shy of her 88th birthday. This determined woman... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 4, 2023 Vanetta Carol (Hardy) Sabine passed away peacefully at Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Mo., at 5:42 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023. She was born June 27, 1944, in Garnett, Kan., to William Orland and Ella Bernice “Margaret”... [More]
- Daniel Glen Needham ~ 10-30-1945 to 09-06-2023
- Phyllis Irene Best ~ 04-24-1948 to 09-14-2023
- Jean Frances Patterson ~ 06-27-1937 to 09-11-2023
- Roland Jerome “Jerry” Rowe ~ 01-18-1928 to 09-12-2023
- Cammie Lee Hines ~ 06-19-1962 to 09-03-2023
- Helen Yvonne Bruce ~ 08-16-1930 to 09-07-2023
- Delbert Alan Cannon ~ 01-28-1958 to 09-09-2023
- Wayne Barber Ellis ~ 06-20-1944 to 09-07-2023
2-0 vote occurs after Commission chairman departs Linn County commissioners have agreed to return comprehensive-plan solar farm regulations to its Planning and Zoning (P&Z) board for further consideration that will include a yet-to-be-determined open-hearing public... [More]
The Pleasanton Council’s normal every-other-week meeting began with a sales tax initiative hearing so patrons could ask questions of the council concerning the one-cent sales tax proposal coming on November’s ballot. No questions were asked from the small crowd;... [More]
Celebration theme is “Back to Our Roots” The annual General Pleasonton Days celebration is set for this coming Saturday and Sunday and in many ways is stepping back. The theme for this year’s event is “Back to Our Roots” and with that... [More]
- Potential solar contractors answer questions
- Audience members request one year moratorium on solar farms
- USD 362 sells construction class house
- La Cygne passes past-debated action items
- Commercial solar panels top Planning and Zoning Commission meeting
- Commissioners put attorney on retainer for solar matters
- Parker to use ARPA funds for cam installment
- Boil Water Advisory Issued for City of Pleasanton, Linn County
Prairie View’s Buffalos have put Class 3-A, District 2 football on notice. They are in it to win it. In the shadow of their own goal posts thrice in the first half, the Buff defense each time held Girard from scoring and ignited a 21-0 road win over the district-favorite... [More]
The Pleasanton football team traveled to Cherokee on Sept. 29 to play Three Rivers League foe Southeast Cherokee. Pleasanton had no problems with the Lancers as they won the game 42-6. The Jays scored a total of six touchdowns on Cherokee. The first touchdown was a 27 yard... [More]
- Pleasanton cross country competes at Prairie View and Humboldt
- Jayhawk cross country has some top placers at Prairie View
- Jayhawk Linn routs Uniontown in home opener
- Pleasanton volleyball has a busy week
- Prairie View cross country performs well at Wellsville
- Pleasanton football routs Northeast Arma
- Big Buffalo rally falls just short
- Jayhawk football dominates first two games
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org