Helen Irene Townsley
07-12-1923 to 03-08-2020
Linn County News
Published March 11, 2020
Helen Irene Townsley, age 96, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Sunday, March 8, 2020. She was born on July 12, 1923, in Ottawa, Kan., the daughter of Roy and Berneice Underwood Emmons.
She graduated from Blue Mound High School in the Class of 1942. After high school, during World War II she worked for Boeing Aircraft in Wichita.
She married Clarence Townsley on Oct. 4, 1943. Together they ran the IGA store in Blue Mound for 28 years.
He preceded her in death on May 4, 2015. Helen was also preceded in death by her parents; a daughter, Berna Dee Bradley; a brother, Raymond; two sisters, Myra and Dorothy; a grandson, Quinton Murrow; and two great grandchildren, Aleesha and Krislynn.
She was a member of the Blue Mound Federated Church and the American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed watching the Royals, Chiefs and KU basketball.
Helen is survived by two sons, Gene Townsley and Diana, and Howie Townsley; a daughter, Loretta Murrow and Mike; eight grandchildren, Kelley, Stacy, Krissy, Corey, Marri, Deanne, Erin and Niki; 13 great grandchildren, Kyle, Dara, Wyatt, Carly, Emily, Dylan, Mykayla, Alyson, Colin, Jessica, Brooke, Garrett and Karsyn; one great, great grandchild, Ryan; and one on the way.
Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 11, 2020, at the Blue Mound Federated Church. Burial will be in Pleasant View Cemetery. Visitation was scheduled from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, March 10, 2020, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to the Blue Mound American Legion Auxiliary. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Debra Dale Wolf ~ 04-03-1954 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Debra Dale Wolf, age 68, Linn Valley, Kan., passed away Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Graveside funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, 2023, at the Trading Post Cemetery. Memorial contributions... [More]
Jessica Erin Cox ~ 11-15-1979 to 03-20-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Jessica Erin Cox, beloved daughter, and granddaughter, passed away at her home in Lawrence, Kan., March 20, 2023. Jessica was born Nov. 15, 1979, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She was a graduate of Shawnee... [More]
Larry Ray Oliver ~ 07-12-1953 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Larry Ray Oliver, age 69, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Funeral service will be at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 25, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation... [More]
- Buford Wayne “Bud” Lindsey ~ 11-21-1934 to 03-15-2023
- Vance Laverne Bruner ~ 07-01-1959 to 03-17-2023
- Curtis Eugene Virgin ~ 09-09-1944 to 03-14-2023
- Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
- Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
- Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
Commissioners discuss Pleasanton meal site options
During the latter part of the meeting on Monday, March 27, Linn County Commissioners discussed the walk-through on Wednesday, March 22 at the former Memaw’s Kitchen located at 6th and Main Streets in Pleasanton. Economic Development Director Jessica Hightower read notes... [More]
Linn Valley moves forward with water, sewer project
“Positive ramifications” for the city Following a 15-minute legal session called by Linn Valley Mayor Cindy Smith at their Monday meeting, the mayor announced a preliminary agreement with Rural Water District #1 for water rights in Linn Valley. Smith... [More]
USD 362 leader asks to broaden policy
Possible April vote would make nepotism additions A vote may occur next month on broadening a Unified School District 362 nepotism policy as urged by its superintendent. At the monthly board of education meeting earlier this month, Rex Bollinger, Ed.D., laid out... [More]
- SPECIAL: National Walking Day on Wednesday, April 5th
- SPECIAL: Drug operation ends with six arrests in Miami and Linn counties
- Linn County Planning & Zoning Commission says no to windmills
- Heartland REC introduces possible Linn County solar field
- County appraiser reports on valuation increases
- One-cent sales tax coming on Pleasanton ballot
- SPECIAL: Pleasanton One-Cent Sales Tax Questions
- Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
Prairie View competes at State Powerlifting meet
The Prairie View Buffalos competed in the State Powerlifting meet on March 25. The meet had 285 total lifters and the Buffalos took 16 boys and nine girls to the event. Prairie View had two lifters place second in their respective weight divisions at the meet. Rhett Jackman,... [More]
Jayhawk softball and baseball open season against Southeast Cherokee
The Jayhawk baseball and softball teams opened their 2023 season at home against Southeast Cherokee on March 27. Both softball and baseball teams played a double header and the boys split while the girls swept the Lancers. Baseball won their first game 3-0 but lost the second... [More]
- 2022-23 All County Girls’ Basketball team
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club has five place at State
- Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
- Lady Buffs win 1, fall in semifinals
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org