Ina Lee (Callahan) McReynolds, 77, of La Cygne, Kan., died at 10:22 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17, 2014, at Life Care Center of Osawatomie, Kan. Ina was born Aug. 12, 1937, in Swifton, Ark., to Ernest Lee and Ella Elizabeth (Myers) Callahan.
Ina loved to play Canasta and she was well known for her baking and cooking skills. Ina was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church of La Cygne.
On Dec. 28, 1953, Ina married the love of her life, Gale McReynolds at Newport, Ark. For many years Ina and Gale owned and operated Gale's Flowers in La Cygne. Gale preceded Ina in death on Dec. 7, 1998. Ina was also preceded in death by her parents; one son, Gale "Andy" McReynolds Jr. on Sept. 21, 1997; one brother, Danny Callahan; and two sisters, Barbara Trull and Mary Curtis.
Survivors include one son, David McReynolds and his girlfriend Judy of Stover, Mo.; one daughter, Dell McReynolds and her boyfriend, Bret Kile of Lane, Kan.; three brothers, Leon Callahan and Roger Callahan both of La Cygne, and Jerry Callahan of Virginia; two sisters, Vicki Reeves of Lebanon, Mo., and Carrie Ledom of Farlington, Kan.; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson.
Funeral service was on Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014, at Calvary Baptist Church in La Cygne. Burial followed in Oak Lawn Cemetery in La Cygne. The family suggests contributions to the American Diabetes Association or Calvary Baptist Church in care of the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Published in the Linn County News May 5, 2021 Lloyd Eugene McGee, Jr., age 70, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Thursday, March 18, 2021. A graveside memorial service at Fort Scott National Cemetery will be at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.... [More]
Russell Pippin, age 88, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Monday, April 26, 2021. Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 1, 2021 at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Burial will be in the Osawatomie Cemetery.... [More]
Linn County News Published May 5, 2021 Carol Beth Fenster, age 76, formerly of Linn Valley, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. Funeral service will be 10 a.m. Friday, April 30, 2021, at the Linn Valley Community Church. Visitation... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Reprinted with the permission WELLSVILLE – A first appearance court hearing had yet to be scheduled today in a battery charge against 5th District State Representative Mark Samsel, a Wellsville Republican, after an incident involving a student that took place... [More]
God works in and through many means, and motorcycles are one of those methods. With summer on its way, Linn Valley provided the location for his work as the Christian Motorcyclists Association (CMA) met there to begin a ride on Saturday. Bill Greer, a Linn Valley Lakes... [More]
Following the early departure of Councilwoman Danielle Souza, who was appointed by Pleasanton Mayor Mike Frisbie, the City Council at their Monday meeting approved Frisbie’s next appointment of Joe Whitaker, a former Pleasanton Public Works employee and the current City... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
The Jayhawk track team hosted their home track invitational on April 26. Both the boys’ and girls’ teams competed well at the event. Danyka Pointer placed seventh in the 100 meter dash for the girls with a time of 14.31 seconds while Kadence Carpenter placed... [More]
The Prairie View track team hosted their home invitational on April 29 and did very well as the girls won the meet with 146 points. The boys did great, as well, as they placed second with 91 points. Prairie Village won the meet for the boys with 105 points. In the high jump... [More]
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe