Linn County News
Published Oct. 13, 2021
James Raymond Howell, age 75, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Monday, Oct. 4, 2021.
Graveside funeral service with military honors will be held 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021, at the Fort Scott National Cemetery. Contributions are suggested to help defray funeral costs, to Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, KS 66075. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Oct. 20, 2021 Michael Allen Bishop, age 74 of Grove, Okla., formerly of Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021. He was born the son of Jacob T. and Erma O. Giffin Bishop on Jan. 29, 1947, at Blue Mound, Kan. Mike... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 20, 2021 OraBelle Guilfoyle, age 89, Fort Scott, Kan., and formerly of Greeley, Kan., passed Oct. 13, 2021. Mass of Christian Burial will be 10 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021, at St John the Baptist Catholic Church,... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 20, 2021 Richard "Rick" Eugene Courtois, age 74, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021. He was born in Pleasanton on Feb. 24, 1947, the son of Charles and Freda Johnson Courtois. He graduated from... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Leaders contemplate 1920 permanent maintenance ordinance Prior to approving updated code regulations for Oak Lawn Cemetery, La Cygne municipal leaders have contemplated the monetary balance of a permanent maintenance fund adopted in 1920. At their regular meeting... [More]
Recently it seems as though every time we get on a social media site, someone is posting about someone in their family or knowing someone having COVID-19. It has also seemed as if cases in Linn County are on the rise, and perhaps our county is a hot spot. According to data... [More]
Director cites trucking, not supplies, as the issue During this fall’s nationwide school-food crunch, having a contracted food vendor places the Prairie View schools in a more favorable position than others. So reported Beth Sandness, district food service... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
Before Oct. 8, the Pleasanton football team had not won a game this season. That changed on Oct. 8 as the Jays hosted district foe Northern Heights on Homecoming night. Pleasanton had no problems as they won in a rout 67-16. The Jays moved the ball at will on offense all night.... [More]
For the first 18 minutes last Friday, Jayhawk-Linn stayed close to a Humboldt team yet to lose to a Kansas school. But the Cubs’ size, speed and experience kicked in for five unanswered touchdowns to win the Class 2-A, District 2 contest, 62-18. Though his charges are... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com