Jerome Timothy “Tim” Wiseman, 68, of Linn Valley, Kan., died on Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016, at his home. He had been in failing health for some time.
Tim was born Nov. 19, 1947, in Leavenworth, Kan. He was the son of Frank and Mavourneen (Sowder) Wiseman.
After graduating from Lansing High School, he joined the U.S. Army and served in Vietnam. He received the Bronze Star for heroism on March 4, 1969, after saving the lives of his fellow soldiers and officers during ground combat.
Tim was a past member of the Eagles in Leavenworth and an active member of the VFW in both Leavenworth and Paola while his health allowed. He was a musician and enjoyed playing the guitar and drums. Tim enjoyed fishing, camping and spending time with his friends. He was a man who lived life his way.
Tim was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Larry Wiseman.
Survivors include two sons, Timothy J. Wiseman and wife Becky of Overland Park, and Jonothan Wiseman of Shawnee; one sister, Terre Wiseman of Leavenworth; and two grandchildren.
A Celebration of Life Visitation will be held at David Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth, from 12-2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 28, 2016. A graveside service will follow in Leavenworth National Cemetery at 2:30 p.m.
The family suggests contributions to Disabled American Veterans. Family and friends may leave online condolences at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home, La Cygne Chapel and Davis Funeral Chapel.
Linn County News Published Dec. 8, 2021 Lawrence “Burt” Burton Holt, 80, of Lenexa, Kan., passed away on Dec. 1, 2021. Burt is survived by his wife, Sandra, and stepson, Curtis (Shelli); son, Dalton (Sherri), grandson, Tyler, and granddaughter,... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 8, 2021 Patricia Pauline (Holt) Ratliff, 79, of Cameron, Mo., passed away Nov. 24, 2021. She was born Aug. 3, 1942, in Kansas City, Kan. She married Clifton Ray Ratliff on March 17, 2001, in Turney, Mo. Patricia is... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Going through bills at their Monday County Commission meeting, the commissioners approved two claims in the amount of $14,409.41 and $318,935.17 but questioned a bill in the amount of $7,500 paid last week to Debrick Truck Line of Paola for shipping an MRAP (Mine-Resistant Ambush... [More]
Republican candidate for state treasurer, state Sen. Caryn Tyson of rural Parker has received national recognition as legislator of the year for her leadership and work on Property Tax Transparency, Senate Bill (SB) 13. Tyson researched and led an effort in Kansas to stop automatic... [More]
Former Pleasanton City Council member Ginger Neal-Cox, 203 E. Fourth St., appeared before the Pleasanton Council Monday evening to inform them of an aggressive dog that bit her daughter in November and asked that the aggressive dog ordinance be stiffened. She said that on Nov.... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The Pleasanton basketball teams started their season on Dec. 3 with a home game against Kansas City Christian (KCC). The girls fed off a good defensive performance to win their game 36-18. KCC was too much for the boys, however, as they lost their game 70-35. The girls’... [More]
Jayhawk-Linn basketball teams lost competitive games in their season openers Friday at Cass-Midway, Mo. How each varsity team reached its final verdict, however, came from a different angle. Down by as many as 12 points halfway through the second quarter, the Lady Jayhawks... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com