John W. Allcorn Jr., 73, of Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Aug. 10, 2016, at Prescott Country View Nursing Home after a long illness. John was born Oct. 23, 1942, in Osawatomie, Kan., to John William and Norma Ruth (Murray) Allcorn Sr.
After graduating from Osawatomie High School, John served two years in the U.S. Air Force. On July 14, 1962, John married Jane Ellen Crozier. They had two sons Adam Wade and Andrew William.
John was an avid car nut. He worked for several car dealers in Osawatomie and Paola and as a mechanic for Amoco for 30 years in Miami County before moving to Blue Mound and working for Amoco in Mound City. He owned the car wash and storage in Mound City. John had several street rods, belonged to several car clubs and was a safety inspector for the National Street Rod Association. John retired from full time employment in 2007 after working 10 years for Linn County as a truck driver. John never met a stranger and loved to visit.
John was preceded in death by his parents.
He is survived by his wife, Jane, of the home; two sons Adam and Andrew, both of Blue Mound; three sisters Shirley Fultz, Jeannie Angler and Donna Andrews and husband, Arthur, all of Olathe, Kan.; two granddaughters Mallory and Hannah Allcorn; one great-granddaughter Nema Rose Tripp; and several nieces and nephews.
There will be a celebration of life service for John at 11 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 20, 2016, at Blue Mound Federated Church. The family will receive friends at the church from 10 a.m. until service time.
The family suggests contributions to John Allcorn Funeral Expense Fund in care of Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box J, Mound City, KS 66056. Friends and family may leave online condolences at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Debra Dale Wolf ~ 04-03-1954 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Debra Dale Wolf, age 68, Linn Valley, Kan., passed away Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Graveside funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, 2023, at the Trading Post Cemetery. Memorial contributions... [More]
Jessica Erin Cox ~ 11-15-1979 to 03-20-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Jessica Erin Cox, beloved daughter, and granddaughter, passed away at her home in Lawrence, Kan., March 20, 2023. Jessica was born Nov. 15, 1979, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She was a graduate of Shawnee... [More]
Larry Ray Oliver ~ 07-12-1953 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Larry Ray Oliver, age 69, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Funeral service will be at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 25, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation... [More]
- Buford Wayne “Bud” Lindsey ~ 11-21-1934 to 03-15-2023
- Vance Laverne Bruner ~ 07-01-1959 to 03-17-2023
- Curtis Eugene Virgin ~ 09-09-1944 to 03-14-2023
- Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
- Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
- Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
SPECIAL: National Walking Day on Wednesday, April 5th
Marais des Cygnes National Wildlife Refuge is celebrating National Walking Day on Wednesday, April 5th by inviting the public to come out and walk with a ranger for a preview of our new trail. The Visitor Center and new exhibits will be open form 4-6 PM and... [More]
SPECIAL: Drug operation ends with six arrests in Miami and Linn counties
MIAMI & LINN COUNTY – On Wednesday morning, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI), the Miami County Sheriff’s Office, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office, the Osawatomie Police Department, and the Pleasanton Police Department arrested six individuals... [More]
Linn County Planning & Zoning Commission says no to windmills
After meetings discussing the Linn County Comprehensive Plan and where the county should be as to allowing wind turbines, the Linn County P&Z said no 5-3 to allowing any turbines in the county. P&Z Commission Chair Richard Morrell brought the subject up after several... [More]
- Heartland REC introduces possible Linn County solar field
- County appraiser reports on valuation increases
- One-cent sales tax coming on Pleasanton ballot
- SPECIAL: Pleasanton One-Cent Sales Tax Questions
- Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
- County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
- Parker leaders consider truck route
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
2022-23 All County Boys’ Basketball team
The season for the Linn County high school boys’ basketball teams is over and it’s time for this year’s All County Boys’ Basketball team. This year, there is a first and second team with five players on each team from the three local high schools, Prairie... [More]
2022-23 All County Girls’ Basketball team
The season for the Linn County high school girls’ basketball teams is over and it’s time for this year’s All County Girls’ Basketball team. This year, there is a first and second team with five players on each team from the three local high schools,... [More]
- Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
- Lady Buffs win 1, fall in semifinals
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org