John William Erhart, 74, of La Cygne, Kan., passed away Saturday, June 13, 2015, at Olathe Hospice House in Olathe, Kan.
He was born Dec. 9, 1940, in Bush City, Kan., the son of Monroe and Florence (Bennett) Erhart. He graduated from Garnett High School with the Class of 1958. John joined the United States Navy when he was 17, serving aboard the USS Rockbridge between 1958 to 1962 in the Mediterranean area at the Cuban blockade.
John was a Worthy Patron of the Order of Eastern Star, as well as A.F. and A.M. of Kansas Lodge #61, La Cygne, Kan.; the Fraternal Order of Eagles; and the V.F.W.
He was a retired Boilermaker Local Union #83 in Kansas City as a welder and traveled to many places. He enjoyed fishing, playing poker and golf. He also loved woodworking and crafting items for his family.
John was preceded in death by his son, Ricky Lee Erhart; parents, Monroe and Florence Erhart; two brothers, Clayton Erhart and Robert Lee Erhart.
He is survived by his daughter, Cindra Jo Lyhane of Genseo, Kan.; son, Douglas Ray Erhart and wife Jodi of Wichita, Kan.; grandchildren, Krystal Trimble and husband Josh; Shara Jones; Trenton Lyhane and Brandon Lyhane; several great-grandchildren; three sisters, Ilene Glenn of Kansas City, Kan.; Nadine Mulkey of Las Vegas, Nev.; and Juanita Sprinkle of Spring Hill, Kan.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Friday, June 19, 2015 at the Feuerborn Family Funeral Service Chapel, Garnett, with burial in the Garnett Cemetery. Family will greet friends on Thursday evening at the funeral home from 6 to 8 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to John Erhart Memorial Fund.
You may send your condolences to the family at www.feuerbornfuneral.com.
See more at: http://www.feuerbornfuneral.com/tribute/details/911/John_Erhart/obituary.html#tribute-start.
Published in the Linn County News Karen Joyce Hughes Kidwell, 73, of Linn Valley, Kan. passed away September 10th at her home. She was born Sept. 9, 1948 in Kansas City, Kan. She was a graduate of Shawnee Mission North High School, Bethany Hospital... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Leota Vondell Burris, age 85, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021. She was born in Marceline, Mo., on Aug. 30, 1936, the daughter of Thomas B. and Estel A. Watson Adams. She... [More]
Linn County News Published Sept. 15, 2021 Janet (Brown) Maschino, 64, of rural Pleasanton and Parsons, passed away peacefully at 3:13 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021, at her daughter’s home in Erie. Janet’s story starts on March... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
New IRS plan in $3.5 trillion spending package opens consumer checking accounts to federal oversight
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com Consumers beware as President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package advances through Congress as much of the cost will come from new oversight on personal checking accounts. The oversight... [More]
Former Cox Motor Co. building, potential site for school By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org Entering executive session for data relating to partnerships, the Pleasanton City Council spent 50 minutes discussing a partnership... [More]
A hearing at Linn County District Court for 2019-CR-000210, State of Kansas versus Lonnie Shane Martin, was held Friday afternoon for a no go preliminary where Assistant County Attorney Justin Meeks informed District Judge Terri Johnson that the state was withdrawing... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
It’s been a bumpy start to the 2021 season for Jayhawk-Linn’s football team. A roster with 19 underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) among its 32 members missed both their Aug. 27 home jamboree with Pleasanton and Erie because of COVID-19 and its scheduled... [More]
BY ADAM HOLT LINN COUNTY NEWS email@example.com The Prairie View cross country teams traveled to Fort Scott on Sept. 9 to compete in the Fort Scott Invitational. The Buffalos again performed well as the varsity girls won as a team. Head Coach Marcie Caldwell... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org