Linn County News
Published July 11, 2018
Lillian Lois (Nye) Mosler, 103, of La Cygne, Kan., died Thursday, July 5, 2018, at University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. Lillian was born April 1, 1915, at Coffeyville, Kan., in the home of her parents, David Pryor and Bertha M. (Shipka) Nye. Lillian was raised on a cattle ranch in Mt. Dora, N.M., and grew to love animals of all kinds. During the Depression, the family moved back to Kansas.
On May 18, 1936, Lillian married Cleo “C.L.” Mosler at Columbus, Kan. Following their marriage, the couple farmed south of Oswego for a few years before moving to Kansas City, Mo., in 1947. In 1951 they bought the farm east of La Cygne. Together they ran the farm and rode horses on trail rides; both often won trophies for being the oldest riders.
They were also members of the Road Runners Band of Osawatomie. Lillian played the mandolin, harmonica and sang as the group performed for various events and nursing homes in the area.
Lillian was preceded in death by her husband C.L. Mosler on Dec. 9, 1988; her brother, Ellis Nye; her sister, Carlyn Welliver; and her son-in-law, Donald Stainbrook.
Survivors include her daughter, Delores Stainbrook; three granddaughters and their husbands, Karen and Bill Martin, Diane and Dan Mathia, and Lauri and Richard Beckman; five great granddaughters, Shawna, Heather, Richelle, Brooke and Laurissa; one great grandson, Derek; and seven great, great grandchildren, Hayden, Micayla, Jackson, Sierra, Lydia, Avery and Nolan.
Funeral service was held Monday, July 9, at Calvary Baptist, La Cygne. Burial followed in Ninety Six Cemetery east of La Cygne.
Contributions are suggested to Calvary Baptist Church or the Stainbrook Foundation in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published September 20, 2023 Daniel Glen Needham took the long way home on Sept. 6, 2023, after fighting a long battle against cancer. We are sure he had to stop along the way and check out all the new fishing holes and visit with everyone he met... [More]
Linn County News Published September 20, 2023 Phyllis Irene Best, age 75, Grain Valley, Mo., passed away Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023. A graveside funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2023, at the Curry Cemetery. Visitation will be... [More]
Linn County News Published September 20, 2023 Jean Frances Patterson (nee Ward) 86, of St. Louis, Mo., passed away Monday Sept. 11, 2023 in Mercy Hospital. She was a resident of St. Louis for 60 years but remained loyal to her native Kansas where she was born... [More]
- Roland Jerome “Jerry” Rowe ~ 01-18-1928 to 09-12-2023
- Cammie Lee Hines ~ 06-19-1962 to 09-03-2023
- Helen Yvonne Bruce ~ 08-16-1930 to 09-07-2023
- Delbert Alan Cannon ~ 01-28-1958 to 09-09-2023
- Wayne Barber Ellis ~ 06-20-1944 to 09-07-2023
- Mary Dolores Warta ~ 02-03-1929 to 09-08-2023
- Parker Mae Perkins ~ 08-25-2023
- Robert Zane Hayes ~ 06-26-1960 to 08-23-2023
A full room greeted seven of nine members of the Linn County Planning and Zoning Commission last Tuesday at their normally scheduled meeting. The crowd attended in response to apparent contracts being circulated through locations in the county asking landowners to lease property... [More]
Field questions from local residents on regulations Following an executive session for legal matters, County Counselor Gary Thompson explained to the commissioners and those attending the meeting that he had reached out to three different attorneys who have extensive... [More]
Parker city leaders have given its police force the go-ahead to purchase two body camera/taser systems. The 3-0 vote, with Kandice Higgins and Jerry Summers not present, came during last Thursday’s monthly council meeting but only after city leaders agreed that this year’s... [More]
- Boil Water Advisory Issued for City of Pleasanton, Linn County
- County to seek Queens Road sloughing solutions
- Desludging award headlines La Cygne actions
- Armed suicidal subject, shots fired
- County 2024 budget to stay revenue neutral
- 2023 billing for farm-ins more than double the amount county used to pay annually
- Commission okays AMR subsidy hike
- Commissioners discuss budget cuts and revenue neutral rate
The Jayhawk Linn football team is now 3-0 after a 56-0 thrashing of Uniontown on the evening of Sept. 15. It was all Jayhawk in their home opener as the Hawks dominated in all three phases of the game. The first offensive play from scrimmage resulted in points as Jayhawk quarterback... [More]
The Pleasanton volleyball team was certainly busy this past week as the team hosted Rich Hill on Sept. 11, hosted a Three Rivers League quad on Sept. 12, and traveled to Humboldt for a tournament on Sept. 16. The Lady Jays played a best out of five matchup against Rich Hill... [More]
- Pleasanton football routs Northeast Arma
- Big Buffalo rally falls just short
- Jayhawk football dominates first two games
- Jays survive typical first game hiccups
- Prairie View football falls to Parsons to open the season
- County schools compete at Anderson County in cross country
- Jayhawk Linn and Pleasanton compete in TRL Tournament
- 2023-24 Jayhawk Linn Baseball Golf Fundraiser
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com