Linn County News
Published Nov. 16, 2016
Louise Marguerette Burch passed away at her home in Pleasanton, Kan., on Nov. 11, 2016. Graveside funeral service will be 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016, at Edgerton Cemetery, Edgerton, Kan. Visitation will be at Bruce Funeral Home, Gardner, Kan., 913-856-7111, from 10 to 11 a.m., Saturday before the graveside service. Memorial contributions may be given to the American Heart Association or American Diabetes Association. Condolences may be left at www.brucefuneralhome.com.
Louise was born May 22, 1926, in Kansas City, Kan., to Naomi Rose (Folsom) and Jesse James Mitchell. She married Carl Wheeler, who passed away in 1970. She married James E. Burch on Feb. 4, 1971, in Kansas City, Kan. She has lived in Edgerton, Kan., Ivy Bend, Mo., and Pleasanton, Kan., for the last 15 years. Louise enjoyed being part of a church family. She also enjoyed shopping. Louise will be dearly missed.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands Carl Wheeler and James Burch, daughter-in-law Rose Wheeler and sons-in-law Thomas Graves, Mike Howell and Wes Phillips. Louise is survived by her children Carline Annie Pulver (Carl) of Omaha, Ark., Larry Wheeler of St. Robert, Mo., Carrie Brown (Gary) of Wildomar, Calif., Patricia Spaits (Gary) of Shawnee Mission, Kan., Deborah Graves of Wichita, Kan., Janet Howell of Vassar, Kan., Jeanette Wheeler (Steve Hendricks) of Edgerton, Kan., Cindy Phillips of Quenemo, Kan. and Toni Misner (Shawn) of Goose Creek, S.C.; siblings Troy Mitchell, Virgie Bevins, Lola McQueen, Claude Mitchell and Jesse Mitchell Jr.; 24 grandchildren; 49 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren.
Linn County News Published Oct. 11, 2023 Our dear father, Victor Gene Clark, passed away at his home in Mound City, Kan., on Monday, Oct. 2, 2023. Vic was 85 years old. Vic was born in Medicine Lodge, Kan., on Aug. 23, 1938, to parents Mary Jane (Sharp)... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 11, 2023 On the afternoon of May 28, 2023, LaVerne C. Nelson (nee Smith), with her steadfast daughter Renee’ by her side, succumbed to the ravages of dementia just a few weeks shy of her 88th birthday. This determined woman... [More]
Linn County News Published Oct. 4, 2023 Vanetta Carol (Hardy) Sabine passed away peacefully at Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Mo., at 5:42 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023. She was born June 27, 1944, in Garnett, Kan., to William Orland and Ella Bernice “Margaret”... [More]
- Daniel Glen Needham ~ 10-30-1945 to 09-06-2023
- Phyllis Irene Best ~ 04-24-1948 to 09-14-2023
- Jean Frances Patterson ~ 06-27-1937 to 09-11-2023
- Roland Jerome “Jerry” Rowe ~ 01-18-1928 to 09-12-2023
- Cammie Lee Hines ~ 06-19-1962 to 09-03-2023
- Helen Yvonne Bruce ~ 08-16-1930 to 09-07-2023
- Delbert Alan Cannon ~ 01-28-1958 to 09-09-2023
- Wayne Barber Ellis ~ 06-20-1944 to 09-07-2023
2-0 vote occurs after Commission chairman departs Linn County commissioners have agreed to return comprehensive-plan solar farm regulations to its Planning and Zoning (P&Z) board for further consideration that will include a yet-to-be-determined open-hearing public... [More]
The Pleasanton Council’s normal every-other-week meeting began with a sales tax initiative hearing so patrons could ask questions of the council concerning the one-cent sales tax proposal coming on November’s ballot. No questions were asked from the small crowd;... [More]
Celebration theme is “Back to Our Roots” The annual General Pleasonton Days celebration is set for this coming Saturday and Sunday and in many ways is stepping back. The theme for this year’s event is “Back to Our Roots” and with that... [More]
- Potential solar contractors answer questions
- Audience members request one year moratorium on solar farms
- USD 362 sells construction class house
- La Cygne passes past-debated action items
- Commercial solar panels top Planning and Zoning Commission meeting
- Commissioners put attorney on retainer for solar matters
- Parker to use ARPA funds for cam installment
- Boil Water Advisory Issued for City of Pleasanton, Linn County
Prairie View’s Buffalos have put Class 3-A, District 2 football on notice. They are in it to win it. In the shadow of their own goal posts thrice in the first half, the Buff defense each time held Girard from scoring and ignited a 21-0 road win over the district-favorite... [More]
The Pleasanton football team traveled to Cherokee on Sept. 29 to play Three Rivers League foe Southeast Cherokee. Pleasanton had no problems with the Lancers as they won the game 42-6. The Jays scored a total of six touchdowns on Cherokee. The first touchdown was a 27 yard... [More]
- Pleasanton cross country competes at Prairie View and Humboldt
- Jayhawk cross country has some top placers at Prairie View
- Jayhawk Linn routs Uniontown in home opener
- Pleasanton volleyball has a busy week
- Prairie View cross country performs well at Wellsville
- Pleasanton football routs Northeast Arma
- Big Buffalo rally falls just short
- Jayhawk football dominates first two games
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com