Mary Ellen Duis, 79, of Reynolds, Neb., passed away Dec. 25, 2015, in Houston, Texas. She was born June 23, 1936, at Verona, Mo., to Altgeld and Helen (Mooney) Cook.
Survivors are husband, Loren Duis of Reynolds, Neb.; son, J. Alan and (Shirley) Dickey of Houston, Texas; grandchildren, Ethan, Faith, and Grace Dickey; brother, Donald and (Clara) Cook of Kansas City, Kan.
She was preceded in death by parents; son, Mark; brother, A.J. Cook.
Services will be at 10 a.m., Monday, Jan. 4, 2016, at Cornerstone Community Church in Fairbury, with Pastor Dean Carlson officiating.
The family will greet friends from 6- 8 p.m., Sunday Jan. 3, 2016, at the Funeral Home in Fairbury.
Viewing from 6:30 – 8 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4, at Schneider Funeral Home, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be at 10 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016, at Pleasanton Cemetery, Pleasanton, Kan. Gerdes-Meyer Funeral Home in Fairbury is in charge of arrangements.
Linn County News Published June 23, 2021 Adeline Joy Weien, infant daughter of Cody Weien and Jennifer Younger of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Sunday June 13, 2021. She was born on Dec. 30, 2020, in Overland Park, Kan. She was preceded in death... [More]
Linn County News Published June 16, 2021 Robert Dale Hopkins, age 71, Prescott, Kan., passed away on Saturday, May 22, 2021. Graveside service will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, June 19, 2021 at the Prescott Cemetery. Contributions are suggested to Disabled... [More]
Linn County News Published June 16, 2021 David R. Jackson, age 81, of rural La Cygne, Kan., passed away suddenly at his home Thursday, June 10, 2021. He had been in ill health the past few months. David was born Aug. 11, 1939, in La Cygne... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Friday, June 11 started off like a typical late spring day but once afternoon hit, it was no typical day. Blue Mound experienced what locals estimated to be 80 to 90 mph straight-line winds, four to six inches of rain in 20 minutes and the ensuing damage created from the quick... [More]
Linn County Commissioner Rick James announced during the meeting of the county commissioners on Monday, June 14 that he had spoken with Larry Goldberg of the Goldberg Group in regards to the $196,000 change order that had been discussed at several meetings. Change Order No.... [More]
Parker city leaders are scheduled to decide at next month’s 7 p.m. July 8 meeting their plan for chip seal maintenance of city streets. At their monthly meeting last Thursday, Mayor Cody Adams said two factors need to be decided prior to next month’s meeting, the... [More]
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
Once again the Linn County high schools had a good track season and each school sent multiple athletes to the State track meet in Wichita. In this article we will look at some of the top high school track athletes from Pleasanton, Prairie View and Jayhawk-Linn. Isaiah Bates... [More]
In Linn County high school sports there are several teams that stand out. The track and wrestling teams usually send multiple people to State. Both Prairie View softball and Jayhawk softball have been very good the past few seasons, and the football teams have had some good years,... [More]
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley