Linn County News
Published Nov. 7, 2018
Nadine Anne (Thurman) Wing, age 75, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Nov. 2, 2018, from colon cancer. Nadine was born Feb. 16, 1943, in Klamath Falls, Ore., the daughter of the late Betha Ellen Roberts Thurman and William Bryan Thurman.
Nadine is survived by her two daughters, Lisa and husband Carlyle Hystad of Battle Lake, Minn., and Kathy and husband Mark Groves of Wichita Falls, Texas; two granddaughters, Elizabeth Law and Leslie Groves; one grandson, William Law; two great grandsons, Karter Loftis and Zhadyn Anderson; special family Chuck Ousley, Fred Wolf and Jon Groves; two sisters, Irene and husband Jerry Klein, and Betty Steffens; two brothers, Bill Thurman and Kenneth Thurman and his wife Esther; sister-in-law Shelby Yvonne Thurman; and many loved nieces and nephews.
Nadine loved the Lord, and she loved playing the piano and singing. She was honored to be chosen Sunday School Teacher of the Year. She enjoyed friends and traveling to meet new people. She had the honor of being a part of the family at Schneider Funeral Home where she lived and worked for 18 years.
Nadine was preceded in death by her husband Vernon Wing; parents Bryan and Betha Thurman; and three brothers, Glendel, Etcyl Dale and AJ.
The family suggests donations to the Linn County Care to Share or to a church of your choosing. Nadine loved and had friends in many churches in many locations around the country.
Funeral service was held Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial was in the Greenlawn Cemetery, Rich Hill, Mo.
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Anna Mae Carrel, 98, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Anna was born Nov. 4, 1924, in Mound City, Kan., to Fred M. and Mary C. (Hollister) Smith. She was united in... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Kathryn Elaine "Kathy" Newcome passed away Thursday Dec. 1, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial in the Richland Cemetery. Visitation will... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Linda S. Rios, age 63, of Mound City, Kan., passed away in Olathe, Kan., on Nov. 14, 2022. There are no services scheduled. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfuneral.com.
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
NOTICE: There will be a blood drive at the Catholic Hall in Mound City from 1 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 13
In a sentencing hearing set for Friday, Dec. 2, Robert Woody III appeared in Linn County District Court in front of Judge Andrea Purvis, but instead of sentencing being handed down, the defense requested a continuance. Defense counsel Craig Cole noted his client had just brought... [More]
Discussions at Monday’s Linn County Commissioner’s meeting turned to the landfill issue and the fact that, as it currently sits, the landfill is only a year and half out from closing. During Monday’s discussions, Linn County Public Works Administrator Shaun... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View wrestling team traveled to Pleasant Hill on Dec. 2 and 3 to compete in the Steve Leslie Invitational. The boys’ team had three wrestlers place in the top four while the girls’ team had two wrestlers place in the top four. Kimmy Eastwood wrestled... [More]
Pleasanton basketball teams began their season Friday with a split varsity decision at Prairie Village-Kansas City Christian (KCC), the girls winning 39-19 while the boys took a 60-31 loss. Both teams now have two games upcoming at this week’s early-season round-robin... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com