Linn County News
Published Dec. 28, 2016
Nancy Louise Marchand, age 71, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2016, in Branson, Mo. She was born on Oct. 14, 1945, in Oswego, Kan., the daughter of John Eynon and Louise D. Bradfield Romine.
Nancy graduated from Oswego High School in 1963. She then attended Parsons Junior College, graduating in 1965. Nancy married William Lewis Marchand on April 23, 1967, in Oswego.
She was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church and past Sunday school teacher. She was involved with her daughters’ activities in such things as being a Brownie Scout leader and making sure they got to dance and piano lessons.
She was preceded in death by her father. Nancy is survived by her husband Bill; mother Louise Romine; daughters Lisa Robbins and husband Mark, and Wendy Boothe; two grandsons, Joshua and Jackson Robbins; sister Jane Whitcomb; sister-in-law Mary Marchand; and three nephews, John, Jim and Joe Whitcomb.
Funeral service was Monday morning, Dec. 26, 2016, at the Calvary Baptist Church, La Cygne, followed by burial in the Oak Lawn Cemetery.
The family suggests contributions to the American Heart Association or Calvary Baptist Church c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 304, La Cygne, KS 66040. Online condolences for the family can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Linn County News Published Jan. 13, 2021 Anna Marie Danley Cox, age 94, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021. She was born in Linn County, Kan., on May 11, 1926, the daughter of Fred Lee and Ida E. Merriman DeMott. She was united... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 13, 2021 Troy Scott Felt, age 31, resident of Ft. Scott, Kan., died Friday, Jan. 8, 2021. Scott was known in his younger years as Cow Truck Buck and then grew into Scotty too Hottie. He was always handy with a wrench, from tearing... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 6, 2021 Dennis Ray Stokes, age 68, Centerville, Kansas died as a result of an accident Jan. 1, 2021. He was born on April 24, 1952, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Rudolph and Odella Brace Stokes. He worked as a mechanic and then became... [More]
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
Linn County District Court Judge Terri Johnson was on hand at the Jan. 11 commissioners meeting to swear in newly elected officials. County Clerk David Lamb noted that County Attorney-elect Burton Harding would not be able to attend the swearing in and would be sworn in at... [More]
County utilizes funds in multiple ways The Strengthening People and Revitalizing Kansas (SPARK) Taskforce was given the responsibility of bringing Kansas through the recovery of COVID-19, and in so doing the SPARK executive and steering committees, working with... [More]
Following the release of the original Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) report garnered through a Request for Disclosure of Affidavit by the Linn County News from the Linn County District Court, the Linn County News is releasing the narrative from KBI Special Agent Robert... [More]
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
The Jayhawk basketball team hosted league foe Chetopa on Jan. 8 in their first game after the Christmas break vacation. The Hawks split in their competition against the Hornets. The girls lost their game 31-53 but the boys won big 75-34. The game started close for the Lady... [More]
Well, the Kansas City Chiefs are here again and for the third year in a row will receive a first round bye in the playoffs. This year the NFL went to a seven team playoff format so there is only one bye available instead of the traditional two and the Chiefs with their 14-2 record... [More]
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
- Prairie View football starts playoffs strong with dominant win over Caney Valley
- Jayhawk football falls to West Franklin
- Pleasanton football falls to Olpe
- Pleasanton football falls in close game to Uniontown on Homecoming
- 2020 Linn County Fair and Rodeo queen candidates