Linn County News
Published Jan. 12, 2022
Patricia A. “Patty” Stanton, age 73, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Jan. 7, 2022. She was born in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of James H. and Martha K. Heriford Bell. She graduated from Washington High School in 1966. She worked most of her career in retail sales as a manager. Patty was united in marriage to Donald Stanton on Jan. 16, 1993. She was a beloved wife, mother, sister, aunt and friend to many. She was a member of the Mound City First Baptist Church. She loved to sing and was active in her local church music programs until age and illness made it difficult to continue. She loved to make things for those she loved, whether it was quilts, crocheted items, pottery or diamond paintings. She was a cat lover. She always had a cat and loved collecting cat items as well.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and Roy Marlow, whom she considered her second dad; a brother, Don Bell; and a great-grandchild, Parker. Patty is survived by her husband, Don; three sons, James Hatmaker (Billie), Shane Figgins (Shannon) and Josh Swiney; three daughters, Malissa Streeter (Larry), Jayme Stites (John Bruce) and Shannon King (Adam); two brothers, Dean Bell (Ruth) and Jack Newberry (Brenda); a sister-in-law, Becky Bell; 18 grandchildren, Amanda, Larry, Daniel, Hannah, L.J., Mason, Ashton, Jessica, Shane Jr., Jimmy, Walker, Michael, Jayde, Deklyn, Austin, Ashley, Kyrie and Kal-el; and 11 great-grandchildren, Evelyn, Alexandria, Tristan, Alice, Tatam, Brody, Wyatt, Wynter, Brooklinn, Amara and Jupiter.
Funeral service will be 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation will follow the service until 6 p.m. Contributions are suggested to the American Heart Association. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Jan. 26, 2022 Douglas Leonard Whitcraft, son of the late Donald Francis Sr. and Bernice Rose (Benson) Whitcraft, was born on Dec. 5, 1958, in Cleveland, Mo., and began his eternal journey with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 26, 2022 Sandra Louise "Sandy" Hagman, age 80, Mound City, Kan., passed away Friday, Jan. 21, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 26, 2022 Kathryn N. Kite McGee, age 92, Centerville, Kan., passed away, Jan. 18, 2022, at the Residential Living Center in Garnett, Kan. Kathryn was born, June 7, 1928, the daughter of Chester and Velma (Lee) Kite,... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Property involved is at Industrial Park La Cygne has annexed 12.5 acres of Linn County property. At their regular meeting last Wednesday, Jan. 19, the city’s council voted 4-0, with Thomas Capp not present, to adopt Ordinance No. 1498 that makes the Industrial... [More]
Question comes with recusal of council member on wife’s contract The first meeting of the year was held On Jan. 3 with three Pleasanton council members present: Joe Whitaker, Jake Mattingley and Melanie Staton. As recorded in notes from that meeting in the Jan.... [More]
Defendant may be on 160 acres, but no driving A Parker man charged with the second-degree vehicular murder of his mother will be allowed to access a 160-acre contiguous square residential plot in Franklin County as part of a bond condition. At a state’s motion... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The Pleasanton basketball teams hosted their Midseason Tournament this past week as six teams competed: Pleasanton, Jayhawk, Osawatomie, Oswego, Northeast (Topeka) and Heritage Christian. The Jays started on Jan. 17 against Jayhawk. The girls won their game 47-17 while the... [More]
Prairie View’s boys’ and girls’ basketball teams traveled to Uniontown this past week to compete in the Kenny Holt Memorial Tournament. The tournament featured four teams, Uniontown, Prairie View, Kansas City Christian (KCC) and Altoona Midway. Both the boys’... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org