Paul Nathanial Charles Guinnip, 68, of the Lake Chaparral Community near Mound City, Kan., passed away Sunday, July 12, 2015, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. He was born Nov. 2, 1946, at St. Louis, Mo., the son of Ray and Martha Neill Guinnip.
Paul proudly served his country in the United States Navy during the Vietnam War. He worked as an operating engineer spending most of his career at United Missouri Bank.
He married Colleen Brillhart Sept. 20, 1966, at Muncie, Kan. After some time apart, Paul and Colleen were reunited in marriage on Sept. 20, 2004, at Lee’s Summit, Mo.
Paul was a member of Operating Engineers Local Union #101, the Masonic Lodge #263 at Lee’s Summit Missouri, serving as Past Master, and later transferred to Masonic Lodge #383 AF&AM in Cassville, Mo.
He is survived by his wife Colleen; a daughter, Melissa Yarnell and husband Paul; two sons, Kirt Lawrence and wife Barbie, Kent Lawrence and wife Tina; sisters, Sue Cowell and Linda Guinnip; eight grandchildren and spouses, Amanda, Michael, Joshua, Nicole, Megan, Travis, Kylie, Makenzie, Parker and Brayden; three great-grandchildren, Aiden, Mason and Lyllian, honorary son and daughter, Ruben and Claudia Perez, honorary grandchildren, Sylvia and Daniella Perez; special friends, Jim and Mary Ann Hugunin; and the extended family of Lake Chaparral.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Arlin and Donald Guinnip; special friend, Patricia Braden, and daughter Kimberly.
Memorial service was Friday, July 17, 2015, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel. Inurnment was Saturday, July 18, 2015 at the Hickory Hill Cemetery, Hickory Hill, Mo. The family suggests contributions to Concern Inc. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. Arrangements: Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Mound City Chapel.
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Kristina Diane Roth, age 43, of Hesston, Kan., entered her heavenly home on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. Kris was born March 11, 1978, the daughter of Robert (Bob) and Diane Burnett in Garnett, Kan., and lived with her family in... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 Neta Lee Leonard, age 69, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Friday, Nov. 19, 2021. She was born on July 2, 1952, at Lincoln, Kan., the daughter of Dee and Delores Hall Montgomery. Neta was a nurse over the years. She enjoyed doing genealogy,... [More]
Linn County News Published Nov. 24, 2021 George Herbert Eaton, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021. He was born on April 18, 1938, in El Reno, Okla. He graduated from El Reno High School and attended Johnson County Community College obtaining certification... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
The sweet smell and feel of a hometown feed store was apparent at the new location of Miller Feed & Farm inside of Stainbrook’s Auto, Farm & Home in La Cygne. Shoppers who need feed for their dogs and cats, goats, horses, cattle and more will find a large selection... [More]
There are some people that seem like they’ve always lived in a community, and Cary and Debbie Coffey are two of those people. But, they’ve only been in Pleasanton since June 2016, and now they’re headed to Virginia in June 2022. “A year ago, the Lord... [More]
An almost six-month process of grant writing, planning and now construction is providing the Pleasanton Lincoln Library a new telehealth room for both job seekers and those wishing to visit with their doctor via computer. Pleasanton Librarian Wendy Morlan said that the grant... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
The 2021 high school football season has concluded, and the three Linn County high school football teams had multiple players make their respective All League football teams. The Prairie View Buffalos had multiple players on this year’s All-Pioneer League team. Colton... [More]
The 2021 volleyball season has concluded, and so it is time for the Linn County News’ All County Volleyball teams. All the girls on the Prairie View, Jayhawk and Pleasanton volleyball teams played their best, but some players stood out in their excellence. These All County... [More]
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org